PG Music Home
Posted By: ChicagoBob Goodbye - 08/18/20 10:42 PM
Goodbye

This is the first song that I have posted for a while and this is the first collaboration i have done with a PGMusic member-- Rebecca. Rebecca has posted several songs on this forum-so check her out.

This is a song that I started with a piano melody and backing track that Rebecca and her partner Jochen then added lyrics and vocals. After a couple edits, including some melody changes, and a final mix by Jochen, we ended up with this version.

What's exciting about this collaboration is: this forum, the internet that allows Rebecca and Jochen in Germany to collaborate with me in Minneapolis and Chicago, and BIAB which made it easy to change instrumentation, chords, etc.

We welcome all feedback-- including the mix.

Straight Country Style:
519 Bass
3149 Mandola
Real Drums --Southern Rock
405 and 522 Acoustic Guitars

Piano-- Bob P. (me)

Posted By: Al-David Re: Goodbye - 08/19/20 02:50 AM
Hi Rebecca, Jochen and Bob ...

Love the song. Since mixing is not a strong point for me, I'll just say that i think the bass could be more upfront in the mix. Everything else sounds fine to these old ears.

The harmonies remind me of The Whites ... Sharon White is Ricky Skaggs' wife. But you probably already knew that. I also hear small hints of Alison Kraus in Rebecca's voice in places. Thanks for a real nice listen.

Wishing all of you the very best and be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: rayc Re: Goodbye - 08/19/20 03:35 AM
Sounds cool but I think the piano on the right is a little too dominant throughout. It's right for the intro but once the vocals come in it's needs to be lower to give them space.
Fab song though.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Goodbye - 08/19/20 08:26 AM
Very nice collab..great to see how technology can help friends work together despite the distances.

For my taste, I'd look for another piano sound, maybe a bit more mellow and less sharp.
Excellent vocals on a winning composition. Keep 'em coming!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Goodbye - 08/23/20 08:31 PM
Really pretty song Bob!! Nicely written and sung! I feel, like Ray, that the music feels a bit crowded at times. Very nicely done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Rebecca King Re: Goodbye - 09/02/20 08:30 AM
Hey there,

we enjoyed the collab with Bob very much.

Thank you for your very helpfull feedback on our Song "Goodbye".

Best regards

Rebecca and Jochen
© PG Music Forums