PG Music Home
Posted By: Tano Music LA SFELAGIA - 08/19/20 02:13 PM
"La Sfelagia"
Music & Lyric, Tom Sperrazzo 2020

If you saw Bocelli's Easter concert from the Cathedral in Milan, that was my idea for this operatic-like track. The vocalist with me is "charlietenor" from fiverr.

==================================
Abicci siboli,
Ama me virata;
O fara jo le bi silara
Ca vora disema.

Ni par di jarmiro,
Pa sember domino;
O fara jo le bi silara
Ca vora disema.

LA SFELAGIA!
Corra in belicha;
Da ragazo' pir stimadrio.

O fara jo le bi silara;
Ca vora disema.
Disema...sema.
=================================
Style = CHAMBER1...I used the woodwinds and piano (midi) from this
Added, all Midi:
Organ, Strings, Fr Horns
Added: Sound Effects: Bar Chimes
Posted By: Al-David Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/19/20 04:39 PM
Hi Tano ...

Commenting as I'm listening. Anything Bocelli-inspired has to be wonderful. My wife and I listen to him at least once or twice a week.

What a fabulous arrangement and presentation! The vocal soars at 1:43. Yours and charlietenor's voices meld very nicely in the harmonies. You must have spent a huge chunk of time to put this together. It's simply gorgeous! Excellent work .... kudos!!!

Wishing you the best and be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/20/20 06:03 PM
Your mercenary vocalist did a fine job (as did you).

Being rubes from the provinces who are neither familiar with the language or the referenced concert
we base our comments on the arrangement, melody and vocals ... all of which were quite lovely.

The midi tracks sounded excellent as did the mix.

Thanks for throwing us something different!

J&B
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/20/20 08:31 PM
Alan, J&B..thanks for listening..appreciate your kind comments.
Posted By: furry Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/20/20 09:17 PM
Agree with Alan, Bocelli is simply astonishing, and you've captured his essence in this song beautifully. If anything, I'd like a touch of reverb to give your vocals a slight edge
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/20/20 10:28 PM
Tano,

Cool concept and performance! Very different from many others I have heard by you. Interesting listen for sure. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/20/20 11:13 PM
Thank you Graham. I really appreciate your feedback. Also, Misha, thanks for listening ... I aspire to be unpredictable!
Posted By: Chris Dent Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/21/20 03:18 AM
Most enjoyable, thanks.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/21/20 09:32 PM
Thanks for listening in, Chris!
Posted By: Birchwood Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/22/20 05:46 AM
Hi Tano,

Well, this was a real challenge I suppose. The composition wasn't that easy. I like songs from Bocelli. The two of you did a fine job on that!
I tried to figure out what 'La Sfelagia' means. Google couldn't help me and on the internet I only found 'Camping La Spiaggia'. That's not even close neither!

But I have one thing I want to bring in; these kind of songs are mostly performed in churches or chapels. So there is more reverb. In your song I missed it a bit around the 'organ' and the vocals. It will make your song sound fuller (more filled), I think.

Have a nice day,
Hans
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/22/20 07:56 AM
Good suggestion Hans....well, the lyric language is totally invented! I heard this with Cirque do Soleil, songs that "sounded" Italian, but were intentionally composed with open-vowelled "words". That's what I did. I wanted syllables that would be best sung in this manner, yet "sound" real.
Posted By: tommyad Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/22/20 09:27 AM
This is a wonderful composition with some outstanding vocals. I enjoyed my listen very much,Tom
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/22/20 04:57 PM
Thanks Tommy.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/23/20 08:49 PM
Very pretty song!! Singer is very good, and I think I heard you do some vocals as well? Really beautifully done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/23/20 11:11 PM
Yep, I was in there, too. Thanks Greg.
Posted By: rayc Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/24/20 05:44 AM
The vocal is very forward so that little spot of plosive/sibilant stuff at the beginning was a shock.
After that it was far more controlled. Nice work.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/24/20 08:48 AM
Thanks Ray--I'll check out making that change in the mix.
Posted By: animarorecords Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/25/20 03:22 AM
Tom,

Wonderful!!!
Anyway, you have a lot of drawers of music.
And all of them are great.
The atmosphere of the medieval opera music in the Cathedral is well presented.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/25/20 11:52 AM
Thanks Shigeki..I appreciate your comments and I'm glad you decided to listen!
Posted By: Frankp Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/25/20 11:57 AM
This is a bold undertaking. Great job, I really enjoyed listening. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/25/20 09:42 PM
I think that`s the first attempt I`ve seen using BiaB to create something operatic; an excellent example of the depth of your musical knowledge. The spirit of reverence is captured by both vocalists.
Very good and enjoyable music!

Robert
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/25/20 11:02 PM
Frank and Robert..thanks for listening to my “experiment”,,I really appreciate your feedback!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/27/20 09:14 AM
Robert..I appreciate your comment about creating operatic music, but I should point out that our forum friend Shigeki (animarorecords) has posted at least one, perhaps more, works that are much more authentically operatic than this, and I took some inspiration from his posts (see Dangerous Liaisons ).
Posted By: jford Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/27/20 05:44 PM
Man, I liked that a lot. Very melodic and loved the accompaniment.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/28/20 04:08 PM
Far outside of my musical knowledge. To my uneducated ears, it sounds well done.

Good vocals. Well mixed.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/28/20 05:53 PM
John and Floyd..thanks for investing a little time with my "invented" language song!
Posted By: musician17 Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/28/20 06:17 PM
Wow - majestic! Certainly Verdi-like ... but, rather than the operas, it reminded me a little of the theatrical presence of his Requiem. Bravo! I enjoyed it.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: LA SFELAGIA - 08/30/20 10:26 AM
Thanks James, I really appreciate your feedback. My idea wasn't necessarily operatic, but, as you mentioned, more like a theatrical vocal presentation.
© PG Music Forums