PG Music Home
Posted By: Frankp The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/25/20 09:59 AM
I started this one in March 2020 when it all first hit the fan. I called my friend to add his magic. (We both did a bass track, actually I started the tune on bass and you're hearing that bass line but played by Keith, his tone was a bit better fit).

First step in my songwriting is general sitting down with guitar and coming up with chords and the start of a lyric and melody. Often my second step is to go to BIAB drop in my chords and then sing along and work on melody and lyrics.

Then when recording I like to put my own stamp on it and as is the case here, no BIAB tracks in the final recording.

I used EZdrummer and Reaper.

Posted By: olemon Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/25/20 10:06 AM
L O V E it!!!

Dig that harmony. What a talented band!

Be well, y'all.

Scott
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/25/20 04:37 PM

Great production guys. Everything is in the pocket.

Excellent vocals and NAILED harmony.

And excellent tracks to support the vocals and uplifting lyric.

Nice vid also!

Enjoyed the look and listen.

J&B

PS Nice mosaic art above the couch!
PPS Sounds like that composing via BiaB works well for you!

Posted By: tommyad Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/25/20 06:26 PM
Now that’s pretty cool watching the players. I enjoyed the upbeat song and it is very well sung and played. Nicely produced and a great watch and listen, Tom
Posted By: Al-David Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/25/20 07:16 PM
Hi Frank ...

This is just fabulous! You guys have a great groove. Everything fits just perfectly. The vocal harmony really shines! And it's a real treat to see the band live. The sax was super! Also, the video was about as good as you get for this song. Whoever put it together deserves a lot of credit.

Everything works! really, really nice, gentlemen! Stay well and be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/25/20 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Frank ...

This is just fabulous! You guys have a great groove. Everything fits just perfectly. The vocal harmony really shines! And it's a real treat to see the band live. The sax was super! Also, the video was about as good as you get for this song. Whoever put it together deserves a lot of credit.

Alan

Alan said everything that I wanted to say! Love the groove you have going on here and the vocals were spot on! I like seeing who is playing so your video was a big hit here.
Posted By: Frankp Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/27/20 12:46 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement.

Originally Posted By: olemon
L O V E it!!!

Dig that harmony. What a talented band!

Be well, y'all.

Scott

Thank you Scott. Turns out I was in a band in the early 1980s with Keith who you now see in this video. I reconnected with him about three years back and asked him via text, "Do you DAW". He replied, "what is DAW". Turns out he didn't even have a computer. He flies out from North Carolina to Southern California, I get him up and running... And now we have this cross country collaboration going.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Great production guys. Everything is in the pocket.

Excellent vocals and NAILED harmony.

And excellent tracks to support the vocals and uplifting lyric.

Nice vid also!

Enjoyed the look and listen.

J&B

PS Nice mosaic art above the couch!
PPS Sounds like that composing via BiaB works well for you!

Thank you! That was fun and turned out well. BIAB is pretty amazing and a good songwriting tool among other things. My wife, Stacey, get's the credit for the decorating.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Now that’s pretty cool watching the players. I enjoyed the upbeat song and it is very well sung and played. Nicely produced and a great watch and listen, Tom

Thanks Tommy.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Frank ...

Alan

Keith says his main instrument is sax. He plays so many instruments so well it's hard to tell which he's best at. If you could wave a wand and give me any one of his instrument skills, I'd pick his vocals.

(I did the audio mixing and the video, thanks).

Originally Posted By: MarioD

Alan said everything that I wanted to say! Love the groove you have going on here and the vocals were spot on! I like seeing who is playing so your video was a big hit here.

Thanks Mario, I do seem to get some extra interest when I do a video. Cheers
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/28/20 12:05 PM
Frank,

Terrific!

Really well done. players are great. Good song. Excellent mix.

Enjoyable video.

Nice.

.fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/29/20 09:03 PM
Wow awesome tune. Awesome vocal and harmonies. Loved seeing you perform the song on the video. Guitar was very cool. Loved the cake
Awesome song, production, performance.

I absolutely loved the sax solo.

Your voices blend nicely.

I liked your positive message. Many need to heed it.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/29/20 10:33 PM
Frank,
Good message , an excellent band, great harmonies and a very enjoyable video that embodies the spirit behind the song.
Well done!

Robert
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/30/20 12:38 AM
Great production, both the song and the video. Great music and well played. I like the lyrics. Nice vocal harmonies. I like your songwriting formula. My is basically the same but I stop at the BIAB step as I can't play real instruments in any presentable way. Good job to all involved.
Posted By: rayc Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 08/30/20 04:29 AM
A little funk in a bluesy swing.
Those voices work superbly.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 09/05/20 09:47 PM
CLASSY PRODUCTION!!! A really fun, clever write and a magnificent job by the band!! Killer sax solo!! AAA all the way!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 09/10/20 11:20 AM
Well, OUTSTANDING was the first word that came to mind, Frank. Then Keith really got me to missing a friend who was also a wonderful sax player. Man, this song is superb, and I like your use of BiaB. Great write and presentation. I'm still on your YT channel. Probably be there all day if ya need me. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 09/12/20 12:00 PM
Bravo, bravo. This is so in the pocket, guys. Hats off. Everything about this just works. Smooth, swingin', rockin', outstandin'.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: The World Stopped - YouTube video - 09/12/20 10:20 PM
Fantastic on all levels! Loved everything about this! Nothing else needs to be said. Congratulations!
© PG Music Forums