PG Music Home
Bass GROOVE w/ BIAB 70's TV theme style - Ernie Ball Bongo 6 Demo song. 70's style, TV Theme Groove.

Hey PGM friends!

As a bassist natively, my bass collection is far greater than than my guitar collection. I did get this EB Bongo 6 a few months back but struggle with the tighter string spacing, though enjoy the light weight. I made a demo for a sale ad.

This is a GREAT example (in my opinion) of using BIAB with your own tracks to write and create some killer music. Wishing ya'll a FANTASTIC weekend! RG

This groove breaks down like this

RG Tracks
- Drums
- Bass
- Vintage Analog Strings

BIAB Real Tracks
Acoustic Piano
Electric Piano
Clav 1
Clav 2
Wah Guitar

#rolandvp330 #vc340 Cheers, RG #70schild #loveboat #gopheranddoc #chips #johnandponch #gratefulmusician #BIAB #ernieball #bongo6 #ernieballbongo6 #rodneygenejunior #austintexas
Stunning, as always, RG.

Great to be able to hear (and watch!) you play bass.

Mesmerizing. Incredible mix.

Sounds great (of course).

fj
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Bass GROOVE w/ BIAB 70's TV theme style - 08/29/20 02:56 PM
First time I've seen a 6-string bass - let alone seen one played. You handle it masterfully. Nice track.
Loverly! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: rayc Re: Bass GROOVE w/ BIAB 70's TV theme style - 08/30/20 08:11 AM
That's a big bass...Imagine going from that to a Fender Bass VI?
Excellent funking on a theme.
The arrangement was cool as were the instruments in it - though the string synth seemed a little out of place.
Cool.
Thanks for the listen friends!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Stunning, as always, RG.

Great to be able to hear (and watch!) you play bass.

Mesmerizing. Incredible mix.

Sounds great (of course).

fj

Brother Floyd! Always great to see your post sir! Thank you for the nice words!
Yeah, not much bass action here on PG forums... but it would be nice to see! It might the most supported instrument to progress with using BIAB! cool

Have a great Sunday!

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
First time I've seen a 6-string bass - let alone seen one played. You handle it masterfully. Nice track.

Thank you Brian! Appreciate the listen!

1975 Anthony Jackson Bassist extraordinaire commissioned the first 6 string BEADGC Bass to tour with Roberta Flack.
His work with Lee Ritenour is an inspiration (Lee also!) Still plays them today!

Its often seen in a Jazz Fusion context where the bass is used as a solo instrument as well as a support. Certainly takes getting used to as a player. Alot of string space and material to manage and keep the sound clean!

Originally Posted By: TheMaartian
Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for listening! I appreciate the comment!

Originally Posted By: rayc
That's a big bass...Imagine going from that to a Fender Bass VI?
Excellent funking on a theme.
The arrangement was cool as were the instruments in it - though the string synth seemed a little out of place.
Cool.

Cheers, thank Ray – appreciate the listen. Yeah, though It’s a standard 34” 6 string. The two in the back, the Yamaha John Patitucci JP2 models, now those boys are big! 12 lbs each.

Analog strings out of place? Goodness not around here! laugh That is the one thing holding it all in place! The sound of an era, the vintage analog 70s strings put the extra sugar in the mix!

Think classic Tavares - grin cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J123lM0RvzM

Cheers!! RG

Great groove, great playing, great arrangement. Always great to see you post.

Charlie
AMAZING, just AMAZING Playing!!! As a guy who has played guitar for 50 years and stopped improving after the first two, I am in awe!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Great groove, great playing, great arrangement. Always great to see you post.

Charlie

Great post! Thanks Charlie, generous words and super appreciated. I hope all is excellent in SC! Still in my top 3 choices for moving out of Texas!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
AMAZING, just AMAZING Playing!!! As a guy who has played guitar for 50 years and stopped improving after the first two, I am in awe!! Take care. Greg

Greg, shoot! That’s a heap of praise! Bass playing doesn't inspire many! There is no way you have stopped improving, I have heard those prolific BIAB tracks you churn out and they are both excellent and impressive! Appreciate the good words, cool RG
Posted By: PeterF Re: Bass GROOVE w/ BIAB 70's TV theme style - 09/06/20 07:53 PM
Professional playing all the way. Great to watch.

Peter
Posted By: dcuny Re: Bass GROOVE w/ BIAB 70's TV theme style - 09/06/20 09:37 PM
That's a killer track, all right.

My own bass playing doesn't venture much further than root-and-fifth, so it was nice to see how it really is done. laugh
As nothing but a bluegrass upright thumper for decades I have just enough
experience to appreciate that amazing playing. Not that in my wildest dreams
I could do it but, man, is it ever fun to listen to and watch.

Thanks for sharing,

J&B
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Professional playing all the way. Great to watch.

Peter
Thanks Peter! Appreciate that!

Originally Posted By: dcuny
That's a killer track, all right.

My own bass playing doesn't venture much further than root-and-fifth, so it was nice to see how it really is done. laugh

A little disco style embellishment ! As an Austinite David, I have witnessed plenty of players who hold an enviable R/5 groove! Plus, Root/5 = the money zone! crazy

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As nothing but a bluegrass upright thumper for decades I have just enough
experience to appreciate that amazing playing. Not that in my wildest dreams
I could do it but, man, is it ever fun to listen to and watch.

Thanks for sharing,

J&B

J&B, thank you! That is how I feel about Bluegrass! But love a great hillbilly swing!

Appreciate the nice comments!

RG
Hello TexasHeartRush,

Nice demonstration of your talents as a bass player. It is normal to have your bass playing by the volume highlighted in this video. It was a pleasant listening and a great discovery.

Best regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums