PG Music Home
Hi all!

I'm happy (and a bit scared tbh) to introduce you my 1st song "Light worker". I used to play guitar 25 years ago but then decided to stop. 25 years later (nowadays) I decided to try to go back to it. I've been seriously playing for the last 2 months and I have composed this tune. I'm just re-learning guitar. Not easy but that's my challenge smile

Hopefully you will like the song.

I used Reaper to record and mix
I play all the guitars, played the violins with my guitar using SPITLAB free instruments.
Programs to have the clean and distorted sound : THU-full
Vst used : OTT, Valallah reverb, Ozone 9.

[Link no longer valid]
This is an excellent song. Your guitar work is very cool. This sounds excellent on the headphones. Well done and Welcome to the forum
Thank you SO MUCH Scott, your words mean a lot to me and encourage me to keep on going re-learn the guitar. Thank you again!!
Outstanding! Beautiful guitar work. Did you say that you have been away from the guitar for 25 years, or 25 minutes!? Very polished and professional. Great work!
Very nice guitar work.

What are the drums? I don't recognize that pattern from BIAB, so if they are, it would nice to know which one...

A nice mix.

A pleasant listen.

fj
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Outstanding! Beautiful guitar work. Did you say that you have been away from the guitar for 25 years, or 25 minutes!? Very polished and professional. Great work!

Thank you very much Tano! One of my friend told me that music is like bicycle, you never really forget. Well, that's part true but not as easy. I have to relearn all the chords (and inversions), the scales, the fingers have to be reacustomed to play + sync between the 2 hands etc. But the more I practice (and it is tedious) the more I feel some things coming back on the surface from 25 years.

But yeah, this is still a challenge, I have so much to re-learn and I can feel I'm very far from where I used to be (I used to play when I was 20yo, only doing that in life for a couple of years).

Thank you so much for taking time to listen, your words touched me!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Very nice guitar work.

What are the drums? I don't recognize that pattern from BIAB, so if they are, it would nice to know which one...

A nice mix.

A pleasant listen.

fj

Thank you very much Floyd for your support which helps me to keep the motivation up!

My bad, I haven't say a thing about drums. I used 2 vsts :
- Spitfire labs free drum kit : I played a very simple sequence using my guitar (with a plugin which allows you to play midi through the instrument). Then I added the reverb on the drums which created that kind of groovy drum sound.

- For the couple of drum fills I used MT-power drum kit which is free as well.

I am finishing a 2nd song which this time will use BIAB (bass/drums) that I will in a couple of weeks here. I love BIAB, it's just that I couldn't find for Light Worker that kind of "tribal" raw drum groove that I created. But maybe I didn't look for it enough.

Thanks again for your support!
Enjoyably cinematic with your lead guitar tone and feel a standout.
Welcome to the forum!

Robert
Thank you very much for your nice words and the welcome Robert!!
Very nice work. I really like the style and guitar tones. Great feel.

Interesting that you are using guitar midi. I have the Jam Origin Midi Guitar software that converts tone to midi and I also have a Fishman Tripleplay pickup. I don't find either of them very satisfactory and usually wind up using keyboard for midi. What are you using if you don't mind me asking....
Welcome to the forums.

Man, you are one fantastic guitarist! Love the tone of that axe! Plus your chops are second to none. Very nice chord progression also. And you mix was spot on.

Excellent song.
Originally Posted By: Chris Dent
Very nice work. I really like the style and guitar tones. Great feel.

Interesting that you are using guitar midi. I have the Jam Origin Midi Guitar software that converts tone to midi and I also have a Fishman Tripleplay pickup. I don't find either of them very satisfactory and usually wind up using keyboard for midi. What are you using if you don't mind me asking....

Thanks for the support Chris!

Actually I used Jam as well. I agree that it is more or less usable depending on the instrument you want to emulate on the guitar. If I remember correctly I played the strings on the guitar but used the midi keyboard for the drum line since it was not a complex one.

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Welcome to the forums.

Man, you are one fantastic guitarist! Love the tone of that axe! Plus your chops are second to none. Very nice chord progression also. And you mix was spot on.

Excellent song.

You are really so sweet, it touches me deeply. Thank you Mario for your very nice words and support, they boost me a lot to keep on going!
Wow, that was great, was not expecting it to be so good after such a layoff. Great technique. Terrific ending. Audacious intro to the forum.
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Wow, that was great, was not expecting it to be so good after such a layoff. Great technique. Terrific ending. Audacious intro to the forum.

Thank you so much, I am so happy that you enjoyed this little tune.

You all guys are really super sweet, thank you all for your support and kind comments, it really means a lot to me !
You ought to find a studio in need of a session guitarist - so good.

Well done, and welcome.

Be well.

Scott
I would say if there was any rust after that 25 year hiatus, you quickly cleaned it off!!! Wonderful playing!! Kind of Latin jazz-rock. Wonderful!! Take care. Greg
Angelo: Your playing will always be in style. From the heart, I'll say.
Very nice playing.

Look forward to hearing one where you use Band-In-A-Box.

Peter
Originally Posted By: olemon
You ought to find a studio in need of a session guitarist - so good.

Well done, and welcome.

Be well.

Scott

Thank you so much Scott! There is still a long way before daring to put a toe inside a studio but your words really touch me!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
I would say if there was any rust after that 25 year hiatus, you quickly cleaned it off!!! Wonderful playing!! Kind of Latin jazz-rock. Wonderful!! Take care. Greg

Thank you very much Greg! I love indeed latin jazz rock, I used to play some back in the day. Very happy you enjoyed this little tune!

Originally Posted By: edshaw
Angelo: Your playing will always be in style. From the heart, I'll say.

A big thank you for your words. I'm so glad you could feel that indeed I put all my heart when I play. Thanks you!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Very nice playing.

Look forward to hearing one where you use Band-In-A-Box.

Peter

Thank you very much Peter! The very next one which should be ready soon will use BIAB. A different genre, still instrumental since this is what I do. Thanks again Peter smile
Hi Angelomusic,

Wow... I hear so many influences in your playing, yet it sounds so fresh and original.

I hear Scorpions and others from back from when music was still good.

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed listening to it.
You play well and the arrangement is "epic".
The tone of your lead guitar is classic but, possibly, too "classic".
The delay and overdrive give it a very smooth, almost generic, sound...the sort sims do so well.
Since you getting "back into it" now would be the perfect time to find YOUR sound.
If I (Bud) wasn't already so old I'd take 25 years off and see if I could play like that when I came back smile

Janice mentioned Jeff Beck after the first few bars.

Simply outstanding chops and tone.

Remarkable and a fine tribute.

J&B
Originally Posted By: rayc
You play well and the arrangement is "epic".
The tone of your lead guitar is classic but, possibly, too "classic".
The delay and overdrive give it a very smooth, almost generic, sound...the sort sims do so well.
Since you getting "back into it" now would be the perfect time to find YOUR sound.

Thank you for your feedback and advice!

Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hi Angelomusic,

Wow... I hear so many influences in your playing, yet it sounds so fresh and original.

I hear Scorpions and others from back from when music was still good.

Thanks for posting, I enjoyed listening to it.

You are so kind, thank you so much for your support!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
If I (Bud) wasn't already so old I'd take 25 years off and see if I could play like that when I came back smile

Janice mentioned Jeff Beck after the first few bars.

Simply outstanding chops and tone.

Remarkable and a fine tribute.

J&B

Thank you so much to you and Janice! It's a new journey which starts for me now, it's gonna take me a while to get to the next stage but I'm working on it with passion. Thanks to both of you!
Excellent!
First try?............OH My!
You set a high bar for you next one.
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Excellent!
First try?............OH My!
You set a high bar for you next one.

Thank you so much! I tried to keep on going, you check check "Together again", the 2nd tune I posted on this forum smile

Thank you for your support!
© PG Music Forums