PG Music Home
Posted By: Derochette SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/18/20 12:57 PM
SERENADE FOR YOU (Instrumental)

Hello the nice members of the biab club.

I offer you some flowers called Serenade (Japan flower). I hope they will give you back joy and hope in this difficult period. I don't know if this is usual on this site. But I do it anyway.

I put down a composition (soundtrack) with the sounds of a classical Spanish guitar.

I mixed orchestral layers with the melodic line of the guitar.
To make this composition, I started with a band in the box chord chart.
From that, I created the melody on that chord line. I looked for variations in different old styles of midi lines for strings and piano which I adapted. I also enriched the melody with choirs. This composition is special, we like it or we hate it.
On the different midi lines, I was unable to put realtracks because they were not suitable for this style with Tango reflections.

So here all vsts have been used.

Guitar IIya_Efimov
Strings Spitfire Chamber strings
Choir Eastwest
Piano Session keys Large
Mallet: sonuscore mallet flux

For the photo on soundcloud, it is a Japanese anemone flower called a serenade.

If you have the time or the inclination, please comment and give me some advice.
Otherwise, that's okay, it's just a simple and ordinary composition.

Link of my composition SERENADE FOR YOU on Soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/serenade-for-you

Link to my other compositions
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631

Kindly
Dero13
Alias ​​JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Bawb Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/18/20 01:08 PM
Dero13
Wow, has kind of a Classical Gas sound to it.
Very well composed and played.
Thanks for posting it.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/18/20 01:37 PM
Dero13: I'm so glad I decided to listen to this. It is a very creative use of BIAB, along with some vst's that sound wonderful. I especially liked the "tricky" rhythm/meter that moves this along...it makes you listen extra hard to try to figure out the timing, with the emphasis on unusual beats.
At the end, I really like how the strings begin "flying around", and it reminded me of fireflies in the evening dusk--you see them for a moment as they move around, like your string passages.
Really good work on this!
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/18/20 03:06 PM
Hello Bawb and Tano Music,

Many thanks for your comments. I hope these few musical flowers will bring you happiness and joy in this difficult time.

See you soon on your compositions.

Kindly regard

Dero13
Alias ​​JaniJackFlash
Posted By: rayc Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 04:25 AM
There are a couple of paraphrases/feels from Classical Gas to my ear but that's cool.
There's also a slight stutter/hesitancy in the guitar that isn't uncommon with some clunkier parts of BIAB.
I like where this is headed but I wouldn't label it soothing of joyful...it's quite edgy.
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 05:06 AM
Hello Rayc,

The guitar whose playing is fingerpick was more difficult because it is played in low notes and plucking it two strings at a time is to synchronize them as best as possible, which has not always been done in the best way. Bpm is 125 and could be slowed down slightly. Thank you for your constructive comment.

Kindly regard

Dero13
Alias ​​JaniJackFlash
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 08:03 AM
I really did like this, especially the interesting time signature changes that permeate throughout the song. I'm not sure that I would say the song is being edgy, I'm thinking more broadly in what it is delivering, and there are some very clever phrasings.

Overall, I like the inspiration you have provided.

Great job.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 10:47 AM
Dero,

A truly interesting instrumental - start to finish.
The guitar sound is quite nice. The rhythm (time signature) is beyond my musical abilities, but it did interest my ears.
The strings are very nice - especially around the 2 minute mark.
The mix is good.

I liked it.

fj
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 11:38 AM
Hello floyd Jane,

Thank you for your passage and your comment. I took a lot of time to find variations without breaking the rather particular rhythm apart from the tango touch of the last part. It's important for me to know if I'm on the right track creatively

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 12:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Dero13
I hope they will give you back joy and hope in this difficult period. I don't know if this is usual on this site. But I do it anyway.

Oh, so sweet the sound, Dero13. Like rayc I heard some Classical Gas at first, but your Serenade quickly overtook it. Captivating from start to finish. Regarding the quote above, oh, yes, this is VERY usual here. Not always so well said, and not always so intended, but I'm sure most of us have been immensely uplifted by the music of others in this forum. It's a great way to still feel connected while in our own form of isolation. Thank you again for what you do. I love the way you create.
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 01:25 PM
Hello VideoTrack,

Hello,
Excuse me, I forgot to reply to your kind comment. As I said previously, the first difficulty was to find some variations so rhythmic. Thanks again for stopping by and commenting.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 01:27 PM
Hello BabuMusic,

I am glad you liked it and I thank you for your comment and your appreciation. It is true that here on Biab the team is united and brings a lot of encouragement to the great family of musicians and singers.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 01:33 PM
Dero13, you've got a really nice production there. Your choice of instruments and musical lines is in excellent taste. The sound quality and mixing is very good too. It's a quite pleasant and engaging listen.

The only critical recommendation I have is to perhaps slow it down ever so slightly, or add something to bridge the transitions between the chords. I start feeling the melody going somewhere, and then it turns and shifts before I can fully engage in it and let it sink in, but that's just me smile

With that said, there's really nothing not to like in this song, and I can still hear the main parts bouncing around in my mind after listening and I consider that the hallmark of a good song.
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/19/20 03:38 PM
Hello EdZ314,

First of all, thank you for listening and commenting on this instrumental composition. The idea you put before me is a good one. Indeed I can act on the tempo and slow it down at certain times in the composition. It's great, I hadn't thought about it. It is true that I import the Biab song in Studio one which allows this manipulation easily
Thanks again.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Deej56 Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/20/20 02:42 AM
Dero,

I really enjoyed this . . . the guitar totally shines here, accentuated by the strings and backing. Really nice job pulling all of this together. An admirable production effort. Those strings at about the 2 minute mark . . . very cool. Good stuff!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: Ardent Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/20/20 03:47 AM
Hello, Dero14...

I think 'Serenade For You' is a romantic, noble-sounding instrumental composition with a dynamic form that is also exciting to listen to because of what sounded to my ears like an unusual time signature, 123, 123, 1-2-3-4 ??? The orchestral development of the guitar's melody line was musically imaginative, too. The transitions from one instrument, or instrumental section, to another were blended in a seamless manner. The guitar had a full-bodied tone that made me think of 15th or 16th century Spanish classical music. As a musical whole, your composition generated a great deal of feeling within a fluid and flowing arrangement.
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/20/20 11:13 AM
Hello Deej56,

It's nice thank you for your appreciation and your passage.

Hello Ardent,

Thank you for your detailed comment. I hesitated to submit this composition but now I do not regret it.

Thank you again to both of you.
See you on your songs

Kindly regard
Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/20/20 01:42 PM
An impressive demonstration of the capabilities of BIAB in the right hands.

Very well done, enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/20/20 04:24 PM
The composition and all the tracks are lovely.

We loved the subtle intricacies and nuances.

REALLY well done and very creative.

Excellent!

J&B

PS We were riding our bicycles through miles of wildflowers this morning!
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/21/20 04:49 AM
Hello BlueAttitude

Thank you for your passage and your comment. Biab is a great product. I hope that the staff will enrich the realtracks with some orchestral sounds to see a greater choice in the sound layers.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/21/20 04:54 AM
Hello Janice & Bud,

It was with great pleasure that I read your insightful comment. I am happy to learn that you are close to nature by your hikes.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: jannesan Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/21/20 02:51 PM
Very enjoyable medieval mood created with the acoustic guitars and the chord progression. I like the airy reverb which makes this sound like played in a large hall of a king's castle. The charming melody is like the ray of sun dancing on the flowers. The simple strings are programmed very effectively.

Janne
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/21/20 04:38 PM
Hello Janne,

You transcribe exactly what I wanted to reproduce with this instrumental track. I thank you for your passage and your comment.

kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/21/20 05:34 PM
It's a very pretty arrangement. Nice music. I like songs with lyrics mostly but this in a nice mood setting piece.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/21/20 06:07 PM
Hi Dero13,

I didn't know there is a Japanese flower called serenade. I thought it was a Spanish word, invented to picturize Spanish boys in love with a guitar under a balcony of a lovely girl. But no, it is a flower.
I have to reset my mind on that now.

Beside that, the song you made is very good. At first I thought it was going to be a very sweet melody where noting special happens. But I was wrong. A lot of things happened in your song. It grabbed my attention and didn't let go. I was fascinated not only till the end, but even some time after. So I listened again.
Normally I would say I miss some vocals in it, but here I don't. They won't fit in this type of song.
It's a very nice composition you made!

Hans
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/22/20 11:44 AM
Hello jptjptjpt,

Thank you for your comment. I have some poems in my boxes and I will try to introduce lyrics in my next compositions. But managing the voice is an art that I haven't mastered yet.

See you more on your songs

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JanijackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/22/20 11:51 AM
Hello Birchwood,

I thank you for your appreciation. It is this pretty flower. I'm glad you liked it. It's true that without lyrics it's more difficult to hold attention. As I said previously, I will try to compose with lyrics but it is all an art that you master with great art while I am really beginner with these techniques which result from it.

See you more on your songs

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/22/20 10:29 PM
Dero13,
Very interesting syncopation and articulation! Good choice of instruments. I think it has potential to explore. Enjoyed it!

Since you are open to comments, here is my observation. I think this type of composition needs a rest, somewhere in the middle. Slowing, or perhaps a short solo instrument in legato side of things. Also the orchestral strings. I would experiment with octave lower or maybe moving octave up/down at different sections or even playing two octaves at same time with different strings. Please do not take my opinions as from someone who knows, I do not, just thoughts.
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/22/20 11:40 PM
Hi Dero, wonderful instrumental and arrangement.
Note: Serenade aside from being a flower (I didn't know that) is English for the Spanish word "Serenata" which is what someone described here as someone singing or playing under a balcony or outside by the window of a girl as a way of conquest. Old tradition that nobody does anymore.

Mike B.
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/23/20 04:54 PM
Hello Rustyspoon,

Hi Rustypoon,

I appreciate your comments because they can enrich this instrumental composition. Playing with the tempo (slowing it down from 125 to 100 for example) towards the middle is a good idea. Edz314 had already pointed it out to me. For variations of orchestral strings see if an orchestral brass set would not do. In any case, thank you again for your suggestions.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/23/20 04:59 PM
Could be a movie back track.
Well done.
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/23/20 05:01 PM

Hello CubanPete,

I thank you for your passage and your comment. I associated this soundtrack with a flower because the Spanish serenade should have been softer for an approach of the beautiful woman on the balcony.

See you more on your songs.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/28/20 09:05 AM
Hello CaptainMoto,

A big thank you for your nice comment.

See you more on your songs.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Scott C Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/28/20 07:34 PM
Just loved this. Boy I wish I had the hands that can play an acoustic like that. Loved the backtrack and the way you mixed the guitar. Well done. Some serious skill my friend
Posted By: Robertkc Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/29/20 01:23 PM
Very creative and thoroughly enjoyable. As for other listeners, the unusual time signature and dash of strings made me sit up.
Some of the techniques you use are beyond my abilities to comment on; they are a most welcome addition to the ever expanding forum talents shared here!

Robert
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/30/20 05:26 AM
Hello Scott C,

I'm glad you enjoyed this instrumental soundtrack. It is true that it is atypical compared to what is usually posted on this site. I thank you again for this compliment.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: SERENADE FOR YOU - 09/30/20 05:34 AM
Hello Robertc,

It is true that I try to think outside the box. This style, people like it or not. I'm glad you're in the first part of them. In this soundtrack, I tried to give the guitar a classic playing with a tone where the reverb is important so as not to have too dry sounds. I thank you for your comment.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums