PG Music Home
Posted By: Henry Clarke Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/19/20 11:57 AM
Welcome Back. Wrote this after listening to some of the 90's music with a BabyFace influence. All music composed in BIAB. All Vocals by me. Interesting is that I used 3 drumsets (2 realtracks and a Loop) to get the drum rhythms.

https://youtu.be/8G_ozaajIbw

BIAB 2020, Tascam DP32 and Shure PG-42 for vocals. Mixed in Sonar (Cakewalk)
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/19/20 12:06 PM
Quite the production, Henry. Love the song. Well written and presented. I sometimes use 2 drums and a loop too. Cool changes and a catchy hook. Well sung (all y'all wink ) It would be helpful if you'd list the BiaB stuff.
Posted By: Henry Clarke Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/19/20 01:07 PM
BaBu, Thanks. Here's the BIAB stuff. Sorry, was a bit lazy:

Pattern: Lounge.sty
Bass - 2958
Piano- 2762
Piano 2- 904
Drums - Smooth Cool Brushes
Loop - Hip Hop/Old School Smokin
Loop - Hip Hop/ Old School
Synth Pad - 1842
Guitar 1 - 1228
Guitar 2 - 1401
Guitar 3 - 1228
Vocal OOhs - 3027 (used on the change but NOT the HOOK) Hook Vocals are me.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/23/20 01:40 PM
I'm having flashbacks, I can almost see the dance floor filling when this come on.
Well done, you captured a good vibe.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/23/20 08:25 PM
Top notch on this Henry. You hit the pocket on this one - spot on that 90's chill R&B vibe (which I happen to love). That groove just grabs you and won't let go. Excellent vocals and vocal styling. You've got an interested listener here - keep 'em coming.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/24/20 01:09 AM
Hi Henry ...

I always love your stuff. And this is an excellent example of why! RnB has always been one of my very favorite genres. And you do it sp dang good! Excellent flashback sound! It's always a pleasure to see you've posted a new song.

No need to parse the various elements as the final product speaks for itself. Excellent is excellent ... no matter how you get it there.

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: rayc Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/24/20 06:21 AM
My brain kept searching for the strings from What's Goin' On?...this has that smooth feel...the synth pad suggests strings but I reckon this would reap the benefit of a more "real" string arrangement.
Posted By: Henry Clarke Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/24/20 10:02 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
My brain kept searching for the strings from What's Goin' On?...this has that smooth feel...the synth pad suggests strings but I reckon this would reap the benefit of a more "real" string arrangement.

I have no idea what you're talking about. If I wanted "real" strings I would have put them in. Thanks.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/24/20 10:50 PM
Nice work. Smooth. I like it. Good use of the band too.
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/25/20 10:54 AM
Henry, great stuff!! I too am having flashbacks, I am a Temptations fanatic, and this puts me in that mood again for some Mowtown, you've got the sound!!
Posted By: rayc Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/25/20 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke

I have no idea what you're talking about. If I wanted "real" strings I would have put them in. Thanks.

I merely commented that there was a strong Marvin vibe and implied that the strings on that particular Marvin track reinforce the vibe.
You take offence from, & are unable to comprehend, those simple things?
You'll note i used "...I reckon.." making it a considered opinion. You have difficulty with these things I take it.
Okay Henry, duly noted. You don't want suggestions or recommendations. I can do that.
Posted By: Henry Clarke Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/25/20 11:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke

I merely commented that there was a strong Marvin vibe and implied that the strings on that particular Marvin track reinforce the vibe.
You take offence from, & are unable to comprehend, those simple things?
You'll note i used "...I reckon.." making it a considered opinion. You have difficulty with these things I take it.
Okay Henry, duly noted. You don't want suggestions or recommendations. I can do that.

Thanks
Posted By: dcuny Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/26/20 02:13 AM
Mellow groove, catchy melody.

Everything here works, and the chorus sticks with me when it's done.

I enjoyed this one a lot!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/29/20 06:28 PM
Nice write, vocals, band and arrangement. Good job with the drums.

I (Bud) was first exposed to RnB on "all night radio " when a kid. I loved it then
and continue to do so as does Janice.

It's very cool to hear this on the forum.

Well done!

J&B
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/29/20 07:58 PM
Fabulous track! This sounds like it could have hit the airwaves back then.

A pleasure to listen to. Expressive vocals with great tone.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/29/20 09:55 PM
Henry,
Nice, laid back tune. Solid arrangement. Flows very well. It is a bit on high frequency to my ears, but that is probably because my cans are very neutral (AKG). Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Welcome Back (New Song) - 09/30/20 06:35 AM
Hello Henry Clarke,

Very successful realization with the tools of biab. The voice is warm and the mix well done. Relaxing composition. Well done.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums