Organ****2692: Organ, Rhythm ModernPopSlowMike
Drums****RealDrum=NashvilleEven16
Guitar 1*0838: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopBalladClean
Guitar 2*0703: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Spirited
Guitar 3*0880: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm NorthernRockGrittySlow
Strings**2369: Strings, Rhythm PopCountry

Posted By: Bawb Re: Your Will Not Mine - 09/30/20 08:29 PM
Sorry Folks,
I accidentally posted the "practice track" the other night.
Here's the finished song...
Thanks
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/01/20 11:12 AM
Bawb,

Another good write. And another terrific vocal.

It seems that amazing Rock Vocal thing is easy for you (at least you make it seems so). That is a real gift. Not many folks have that. Do you sound different than most folks when you speak? Wish that I could do that... (but that is never going to happen).

The tracks sound good. There is an overall Bryan Adams sound - song and tracks and vocal.

One small thing - opinion: the vocal "sits on top" of the tracks JUST A LITTLE. There is, therefore, a slight "separation" between tracks vs. vocal. If it could "sit down in the mix" JUST A LITTLE that would be icing on this cake.

fj
Posted By: Al-David Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/01/20 11:33 AM
Hello Bawb ...

Well, Floyd beat me to the Bryan Adams reference. And I agree with everything else he said. Great backing tracks and a terrific lyric. That was a super listen ... enjoyed it a bunch.

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: Derochette Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/01/20 11:53 AM
Hello Bawb,

It's very spiritual your lyrics. The tone of your voice lends itself very well to the content of this peosia. The arrangement is sober but fits well with what you sing.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/02/20 11:52 AM
Man, I can't tell you how much I love your vocals, just great!!

Good song, good mix too.

Well done!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/02/20 12:14 PM
I'm in the camp with those that love the emotion in your vocals.
Nice song.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/02/20 01:28 PM
Bawb,
Amazing gravelly emotion in your vocal keeps me coming back to your songs;an instant connection with the feelings expressed in the lyrics.

Robert
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/03/20 04:43 AM
Bawb,

Wow, really great write . . . and my favorite vocal from you (among many). Just a great rock ballad vibe to this. Personally, I don’t hear the Bryan Adams vibe as much as others—though I’m falling short of thinking of a more apt comparison. Which is to say, your vocal is familiar but your own, which makes this tune all the more special. Killer!

My humble regards,

Deej
Posted By: Bawb Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/05/20 12:30 PM
Hi FJ, Al-David, Dero13, Blue Attitude, CaptainMoto, RobertKC, Deej56

Thanks for your comments, they are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your comments, especially in the mixing subject. I'm still working through the learning process on mixing.

As far as this:
"Do you sound different than most folks when you speak?"
I actually don't really know that I do sound different, but I do have somewhat raspy voice, I guess from doing a lot of yelling (HA)! I have also been criticized for the raspy singing voice in the past and have been told to stop trying to sing this way and use my "normal" voice. Truthfully, I used to be able to sing with a smooth voice, but not it actually hurts to sing that way and feels more natural to sing the way I do. If that makes sense???
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/07/20 08:05 PM
Love these lyrics. I find them very appealing.

Great vocal performance.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/07/20 08:48 PM
Bawb,

Superb vocal, a great rock sound.

Very nice backing track choice, and a lovely overall sound.

Truly excellent work all round.

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/13/20 06:13 PM
Excellent. Your vocal has soul ... and that gets J&B on board immediately.

Everything is hittin' the note. The write, the vocal, the band and the nice arrangement.

This should hold its own on any rock oriented praise and worship playlist.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/14/20 06:31 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Bawb,

Another good write. And another terrific vocal.

It seems that amazing Rock Vocal thing is easy for you (at least you make it seems so). That is a real gift. Not many folks have that. Do you sound different than most folks when you speak? Wish that I could do that... (but that is never going to happen).

The tracks sound good. There is an overall Bryan Adams sound - song and tracks and vocal.

One small thing - opinion: the vocal "sits on top" of the tracks JUST A LITTLE. There is, therefore, a slight "separation" between tracks vs. vocal. If it could "sit down in the mix" JUST A LITTLE that would be icing on this cake.

fj

Agree on all that!! Killer rock voice! I too would love to be able to belt it out, but it would sound really bad if I tried! Take care. Greg
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/15/20 05:30 AM
Really great, sounds like Axl Rose to me. Song was terrific, too. Volume a little high on the vocal compared with the mix, not a big thing.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/15/20 01:23 PM
Bawb - This is a very good song. Your vocals are outstanding. Those "rock" vocal chops you have really take the song to a new level, and give it a power and rawness that suits it perfectly. I'll let others comment about the mix and production subtleties - on this one I just listened and enjoyed from beginning to end. You had some really nice space in there at key points too.

Well done - Rock on!
Posted By: gavonutube Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/17/20 03:21 AM
Hi Floyd,

Hope you don't mind me asking - how do you get vocals etc. to "sit down in the mix" - the separation you mention is one of the things I always have a problem with in my recordings. Is it just a levels thing or is there more that can be done?

Any advice greatly appreciated, but don't worry if you don't have time to reply - just thought I'd ask, because your comment resonated with me.

Thanks,
Gav.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/20/20 01:14 PM
Fantastic work, Bawb. You're giving Bono a run for his money, only on the positive side of the light.
Which leads me to this: Do you know your song is very relevant to the day? Many of us are wondering how we'll ever get out of this mess we are in today. That has led to a lot of discussion on the role of the Son of the Morning and his various forms. As music lovers, we all know the symbolism is about everywhere we listen. A most influential Luciferian, founder of the Church of Satan and author of The Satanic Bible was a man named Anton LaVey. His oft-repeated motto was "Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." That is, "My will, not Thine.
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Your Will Not Mine - 10/20/20 09:31 PM
Now that's good, I love the backing track, and the vocals are spot on. Kinda a Bob Segar sound!!
© PG Music Forums