PG Music Home
Posted By: TuneMonger Azure Brasil - 09/30/20 09:42 PM
This is a chromatic harmonica instrumental. I played a Hohner CX12 and used the bossafred RealStyle for the backing band. It's short, 2:26.

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=1221738

You have to click PLAY
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Azure Brasil - 09/30/20 09:46 PM
You utilized the style quite nicely! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Azure Brasil - 10/01/20 11:19 AM
TM,

Really well done.

The BIAB jazz tracks background are excellent (they do that SO well). Nicely mixed.

Super job on the Chromatic.
That's a lot more work than a "regular" harp. I know - I've had one for years (decades) - and have never enjoyed playing it.

Nice!

fj
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Azure Brasil - 10/01/20 03:33 PM
Smooth... and the "voice" of your harp tells an appropriately sad but tuneful story.
Hats off to you for getting to such a high level with the chromatic ( like Floyd I gave up long ago).
Cool and good.

Robert
Posted By: PeterF Re: Azure Brasil - 10/01/20 06:13 PM
Beautifully & skillfully played. Great sound.

Enjoyed.

Peter
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Azure Brasil - 10/02/20 12:26 PM
If I had a drink and a lady near by, I'd put down the drink and dance with the lady.
Well done.
Posted By: Ardent Re: Azure Brasil - 10/05/20 03:29 AM
Hey, man, I dig the title and your performance on that mouth organ is memorable, romantic, and as sensuous as a warm, sweet breath in your ear. The backing tracks were the ideal accompaniment for the melody, too. It's bossa nova on a lush, elegant, and nostalgic tip.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Azure Brasil - 10/05/20 05:44 AM
Nice job on the chromatic! I also have one here someplace, very difficult instrument compared to a regular harp.

Good melody and tone, enjoyed.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Azure Brasil - 10/05/20 11:18 PM
Very nice. Nice harmonica blowing. Floating down a slow moving river on a lazy southern summer afternoon. Good use of the band too.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Azure Brasil - 10/06/20 12:24 PM
Love the sound of a well played harp. Cool backtrack as well.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Azure Brasil - 10/07/20 11:39 AM
Hello TuneMonger,

It's a real pleasure this harmonica played on a Biab realtrack. You used and personalized it to perfection.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Azure Brasil - 10/07/20 05:27 PM
Most excellent -- can't say we've heard a harmonica based Bossa before smile

Great concept and, man, that melodic playing nailed a great jazz groove with the band.

Most enjoyable!

BTW, Janice's daddy played a chromatic harp.

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Azure Brasil - 10/13/20 09:02 PM
Very Sweet!! I've always loved Latin jazz! Would love to visit Brazil......this song inspires that desire even more!! VERY well done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: rayc Re: Azure Brasil - 10/14/20 06:19 AM
A very nice harmonica tone - reminds me of the player who did the interludes on The Goon Show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5xlwZcQRUI
Was in intended to be Brazil or the uncommon surname Brasil?
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Azure Brasil - 10/14/20 08:13 AM
Hi TuneMonger,

I was fantasizing what words one could sing on this song instead of this harmonica. I came to the conclusion I prefer your harmonica.
The song creates a nice ambiance, something like CaptainMoto wrote...
There is only oneserious problem I have to mention here; it is too short!

Have a nice day,
Hans
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Azure Brasil - 10/20/20 07:46 PM
I really liked this piece, let me count the ways - Bossa, smooth and jazzy, really sweet textured harmonica, rich and nuanced backing track, and performed with style and verve. Yep - top marks on this one!

Great stuff - I could listen to this all day.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Azure Brasil - 10/20/20 10:25 PM
Tunemonger,

A chill jazz number, nicely put together. Terrific playing! Nothing not to like here. Good stuff!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Azure Brasil - 10/21/20 02:48 AM
Hi Bob,

This is superb!

I love that chromatic harmonic sound. You've got the knack! My dad used to play harmonica and listening to you took me back years to my childhood.

Your melody is spectacular. You've captured the essence of bossanova very skillfully. My only suggestion is that if you ever re-visit this song, please make it longer! The beautiful music was over with way too soon.

I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.
Noel
© PG Music Forums