PG Music Home
https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/happier-times-ahead-country-ballad-instrumental

Original Tune - basic backing in BB 2020 Mac, I added el & nylon guitars, piano and Hammond Organ! Carl
SORRY messed up some piano bits, had to remix - here's the new link:

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/happier-times-ahead-country-ballad-instrumental

Carl
Nice song.
"happier Times" must be a lost memory, that's sounds pretty sad.
well done.
Thanks a lot CaptainMoto for your comment and for listening - no it was more 'wishful thinking' for all of us in these crazy times!!
Best wishes from the UK, Carl
Very nice, Carl
A pleasant listen and I enjoyed the changes of lead instruments. The nylon guitar sounds lovely - what is it? I liked the chord sequences.
Lets all hope for Happier Times Ahead.
Ian
Hi Ian, thanks very much for your nice comments and for listening - glad you like my little country tune!
The nylon guitar is a Takamine Hirade TH90 which I've had for years - just recorded with a single condenser mic (Microtech Gefell M 300) into Golden Age Pre 73 & Comp 54. I find mic placement during recording makes a lot of difference - nylon guitars can get boomy so I keep the mic up near the neck joint.
Blimey, yes we do need some happier times soon after all this nonsense - keep the music coming!

Cheers Ian, all the best - Carl
As others have mentioned, the guitar delivery is particularly nice.

A very sensitively delivered balled with interesting chord progressions. Very notable actually wink
Thanks very much VideoTrack for your nice comment, much appreciated - glad you like my tune and playing!!

Best regards from the UK, Carl
Really a classy production all the way around......great music, great playing, and great mix!! Should be score music for a film! Take care. Greg
WOW - thanks so much Greg, always in awe of your music and voice!
Hope you're keeping well there in CA!!
Best wishes, Carl
This is a lovely and delicately balanced song and performance. It flows very nicely and is a very easy listen. The guitar has a particularly sweet tone. Just what I needed to get a little lift smile
Hi Ed - thanks a lot for your nice comment, very much appreciated!!
Glad you liked my tune - all the very best, Carl
Enjoyed the piece and the guitar was very nicely recorded and played.

Peter
Hi Peter, I'm very glad you liked my tune - thanks a lot for your comment!!
All the best in AUS - Carl
© PG Music Forums