PG Music Home
Posted By: Tano Music Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/09/20 10:51 AM
I found a music-only composition on another forum and asked the composer, Petri Hellemaa of Finland, if I could write lyrics for it.
This is the result. When your lyric message comes together and it somehow delivers multiple layers of meaning--well, that is really cool!
My vocal was recorded in RealBand.

"Gift of Your Love"

Interested in your feedback!
================================================

Oh, I don't know why you turned aside and walked away
When life with me could have been so good for you.
Great love needs a lot of faith and hope;
Even when the one you love has
Let their heart go cold.

Oh, I know that you will come someday and let me love you
Waiting just for the day that you'll return;
Yes, this love's nothing less than endless love;
Even for the one you love who's
Let their heart go cold.

And this love's a treasure, you will learn;
You'll stop, then turn; and
There's no need to come on bended knee--
Your love is your gift for me.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/09/20 03:06 PM
Hello Tano Music,

It is a pretty poetry or lyrics full of sensitivity. The playing of the guitar, the arrangement and your voice all reinforce this feeling. Nice collaboration and friendly mutual aid.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/10/20 11:08 AM
The backing tracks are very nice.
The melody is good. Keeps the ear interested.
The mix is good.
The vocal is well done. The processing gives it a good "presence". It sits in the mix really well. (One of your best, I think)

There is a bit of a Bacharach-ness to this one, too.
A good listening experience.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/10/20 12:34 PM
I can appreciate the attraction of the melody for inspiring your lyrics; I especially like
the "this loves a treasure" passage. You stayed true to the gentle lilt of the melody.
Vocals are clear and warm.
A sweet, simple ballad.

Robert
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/10/20 04:00 PM
Nice piece pf music.
Lyrics well written and fit the song.
Sounds good to me!
Tom,

I think it's a wonderful collaboration between two people who have the same musical taste.
The song is reminiscent of Jobim's "How Insensitive".
Collaboration with various people is really fun.
It's because other people's characteristics are added to your own characteristics, and you can make good works that you didn't even think about.
I would be happy if I could collaborate with you again someday.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/12/20 12:08 PM
Floyd, Robert, Moto..thanks for your kind comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/12/20 12:08 PM
Shigeki..thanks for your feedback. I would like very much to collaborate once again!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/12/20 02:28 PM
Hi Tano ...

I can easily understand why the original musical score appealed to you and gave you inspiration. The lyric is wonderful ... most gentle and enjoyable. I think this is the best of your vocals ... of the ones I've been privileged to hear.

This is a wonderful collaboration with two minds of the same ilk. Isn't it wonderful to run across something that inspires such good writing??!!

Wishing you the very best. be safe, my friend.

Alan
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/13/20 10:52 AM
Thanks Alan, for your kind words..I really appreciate that you've taken the time to listen, and enjoyed.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/13/20 06:49 PM
Man, has this forum ever been busy of late ... to the extent that we nearly missed this and are
a bit late to the party.

But the advantage of this is that our thoughts about the tune have already been stated more eloquently than this old guy can write.

Having listened to and enjoyed so much of your music it's easy to understand how you were drawn to his track.

And lyrically and melodically you more than did it justice with your vocal.

Nice!

J&B
Posted By: edshaw Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/13/20 08:07 PM
Agree. A wonderful job in a style that stands on its own.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/13/20 11:16 PM
Lovely intimate vocal wringing just the right melody out of this soft-jazz progression and backing. Very mid-century to my ears, and an endearing lyrical piece. Thanks.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/14/20 01:29 PM
J&B, Ed, Tangmo...thanks for the comments, and I’m glad you enjoyed it!
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/14/20 06:40 PM
Very cool collab between websites!! The music is nice and you did a great job of putting a very nice lyric and melody to it! Very, very sweet!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/15/20 07:27 AM
Thanks Greg, appreciate it!
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/15/20 11:47 AM
This is an excellent collaboration. I always admire and enjoy listening to people who can write good lyrics that not only support the music but also add feeling and tell a story. This is a very lovely song and your vocals blended very well, and the lyrics added a lot of feeling. A wonderful blend!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/15/20 04:59 PM
Thanks very much Ed!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/16/20 06:34 AM
Hi Tom,

in the first place I think it's an exciting idea to build your own song on the basis of someone else's vacking track; even more though as you didn't even know him.

I really like the result a lot - good melody, nice lyrics and sung with a very appealing voice. really well-done!

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/16/20 08:52 AM
Stefan, thank you for listening and your feedback!
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/17/20 12:38 AM
I can see why you were attracted to the composition, and your lyrics suit it really well. Plus a lovely, sensitive vocal. Top notch.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/17/20 04:59 AM
Hi Tano,

Oh wow!!! I love this. Bossanova always mesmerises me. From my perspective, it's one of the most sophisticated and aurally attractive rhythms on the planet.

This backing has overtones of all the classics such as "Girl From Ipanema", "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life", etc. I can see why this song caught your attention.

Congratulations on creating a really fine vocal work to fit it. You've done a terrific job. Your musicianship shines throughout.

I thoroughly enjoyed listening.
Noel
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/17/20 09:15 AM
Thanks Leon and Noel..I was immediately attracted to the composition and the lyric fell in place very quickly....the "story" is completely theological.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/18/20 04:08 AM
I think the best vocal I've heard from you, reminded me a little of Chet Baker. Good work!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/18/20 12:59 PM
What a nice compliment! Thanks tunemonger!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Collaboration - "Gift of Your Love" - 10/18/20 08:06 PM
Tano (and Petri)
Very cool, modernesque Bossa tune. I am a fan of the genre, and it is always a pleasure to hear something new that was done tastefully. Neat composition based on roots of Bossa, yet has a very distinct artist signature. Beautiful lyrics and solid performance. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
© PG Music Forums