PG Music Home
Posted By: edshaw Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/10/20 12:50 PM

Here's the Band in a Box backing track for an original country gospel song in progress. Still hooked into that Apostolic groove which applies itself to the country style, bent piano.
Mixdown done in real time with onboard BIAB panel; recorded and rendered in Audacity.

Original Country Gospel in GMaj
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/10/20 04:18 PM
It's been sometime since I stepped into a church.
If this is what's going on in there it can understand why people would want more.
Well done.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/11/20 05:49 PM
Thanks, Captain Moto, for that comment. For those willing to enter the field, church music, often called worship music, can be challenging and rewarding. The music is a reflection of the worship style & has been for as long as we can remember. (Thinking: sober, classical, formal, liturgical, traditional church.) Contemporary styles, of which gospel may be considered one of, is in line with this often overlooked principle.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/11/20 10:43 PM
Ed - That's a real nice track. It's got that really nice country swing to it and a really mellow and sombre yet uplifting progression to it. The piano in particular is quite pleasant. There's a lot of potential there.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/12/20 02:27 PM
Loved the backtrack on the Ed. Very cool song. Well done
Posted By: edshaw Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/12/20 04:20 PM
Thanks, Gents. I won't say I'm not happy with it,
so far. I'm busy laying in the words & will likely send this off to copyright, fair use. As you know, a lot can happen between having two verses and needing the third smile
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/13/20 12:01 PM
I like the feel of this,Ed.
Were it mine I might try bringing that piano more to the fore.
I`ll lookout for the next version.

Robert
Posted By: edshaw Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/13/20 12:33 PM
Thanks, Robert. What is going on there is the piano is full on the third (I think) verse for a solo and backed off to make room for three rounds of vocals to be addded. Still, I'm glad to hear you say that, because the John Jarvis piano worked so well with the structure. He's amazing. If I hadn't heard it, I wouldn't believe it were possible to sit down and create piano riffs with such flexibility as to work right in to many different songs. That's my knowledge gap, but, fortunately, not so for Dr. Gannon or John Jarvis smile
Anyway, point well taken. I'll remember that for the next mix.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/13/20 05:27 PM
Nice Ed.

Although a backing track it has a pleasant almost melodic feel as is.

Look forward to where it lands.

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/14/20 06:24 PM
Nice feel to the music!! May be a little muddy in the mix. Looking forward to the finished product! Take care. Greg
Posted By: edshaw Re: Country Gospel in Gmaj - 10/17/20 12:08 PM
Thanks, Greg. I put a fresh start on that backing track & vocals and it sounds better already.
© PG Music Forums