PG Music Home
Posted By: musiclover Take your partner for an old time waltz. - 10/20/20 11:31 AM
Hi folks,

Hope everyone is well, haven't posted anything in a long long time, so here is an old time waltz.

Never too Old to fall in love.

I probably will redo the vocal some time as too much sibilance in it.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Style is C_WLZMED.STY (Country Waltz - Medium Tempo)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Acoustic Piano (1), Acoustic Guitar (26), Acoustic Guitar (26),
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)
Fiddle background realtrack
Posted By: Scott C Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. - 10/20/20 01:13 PM
Lovely song. Super vocal and lyric. I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song. Well done
Hey Scott,

Thanks a lot for having a listen and your comments.

Just had a listen on your Soundcloud page, you have some excellent songs there.

All the best.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. - 10/21/20 09:02 PM
Hi Musiclover.

This is great!

I love waltzes and you've created a wonderful gem here. The lyrics, your singing, the arrangement -- everything worked for me. I liked that your vocals were a little out front and so easy to understand.

It's two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

All the best,
Noel
Really wonderful use of the style. It fits what you ended up creating quite well. Thanks for sharing!
Nice song!
Good Orchestration, Wonderful lyrics, I like the message.
Vocals ate nice and clear, maybe a little de essing will make it perfect.

A good listen.
Well done.

moto
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Musiclover.

This is great!

I love waltzes and you've created a wonderful gem here. The lyrics, your singing, the arrangement -- everything worked for me. I liked that your vocals were a little out front and so easy to understand.

It's two enthusiastic thumbs up from me!

All the best,
Noel

Hello Noel,

Its good to hear from you, hope you are doing well over there.
Thanks for having a listen and you comments.

When I think of songs with a positive uplifting message that have been posted on here your songs have come to mind, so maybe that has influenced me when I put this little song down.

all the best for now.

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Really wonderful use of the style. It fits what you ended up creating quite well. Thanks for sharing!

Very much appreciate you having a listen Ember, considering that you are all very busy this time of year, probably with biab 21.

Regards and thanks to everyone at PGmusic for making this all possible with band in a box.
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Nice song!
Good Orchestration, Wonderful lyrics, I like the message.
Vocals ate nice and clear, maybe a little de essing will make it perfect.

A good listen.
Well done.

moto

Thanks Captain for having a listen, glad you liked the lyrics, hopefully it comes across as a positive message.

Maybe sometime in future I will try to re-do the vocal, as sibilance is probably too pronounced for de-essing.

Take care
musiclover,

A really nice song. A sweet story, well told.

Your vocal is quite nice - perfect for the story. The backing, too.

I assume you are playing accordion? Sounds good.

You list the BIAB details as (mostly) MIDI. If you are using a vst for the acoustic guitar - it is a good one - sounds good...

I enjoyed the listen. You should post more often! After all we're "never too old to share". smile

fj
Thanks a lot Floyd for taking the time to have a listen.

I use Halion Se as the default synth in biab, I like the sound of it.

The accordion is just notated in biab, I find biab makes it easy enough to enter a simple melody line.

Thanks again.
As Scott said, "I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song."

His comment brought up great imagery that we have of your country from the many travelogs we watch.
We feel like we've been in that pub.

It's always cool to hear a waltz ... back in our bluegrass band days we played quite a few. Janice just loves them.

Nice write, vocal, arrangement, band and the mix sounds good on our monitors.

We enjoyed the entire package!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Take your partner for an old time waltz. - 10/23/20 08:55 PM
Really nice lilting melody and an engaging vocal.
Nicely done with the accordion.

Really enjoyable.

Peter
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
As Scott said, "I can imagine sitting in the corner of the pub surrounded by friends all singing this song."

His comment brought up great imagery that we have of your country from the many travelogs we watch.
We feel like we've been in that pub.

It's always cool to hear a waltz ... back in our bluegrass band days we played quite a few. Janice just loves them.

Nice write, vocal, arrangement, band and the mix sounds good on our monitors.

We enjoyed the entire package!

J&B

Guess its my turn to buy everyone a pint of Guinness since you are all singing my song smile

Thanks very much Janice and Bud for taking the time to have a listen and your kind comments.
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Really nice lilting melody and an engaging vocal.
Nicely done with the accordion.

Really enjoyable.

Peter

Thanks a lot Peter for having a listen, biab does make it easy to enter the melody for the midi accordion.

Cheers.
A wonderful story, and a captivating presentation, musiclover (you wear the moniker so well!). Man, I can hear this song being sung by the whole crowd swinging their mugs in the air. I'm in.
Hi Musiclover,

Some minutes ago I decided to go to the forum again, listen to some songs and do my 'homework' answering reactions.
This morning i did this as well, but then something came across.
So I saw your reaction on my song (Thanks, I will react on it), but also saw your song and heard it.
And what a nice one that is. The lyrics are so nice, especially the last one. I do like these Irish songs very much.
We loved the Dubliners and the Pogues. There was a Dutch band in my neighbourhood imitating the Dubliners very well, but of course not as good as the real one.

You and your nice vocals gave the real touch to this song. Very good!
I think you are right though to get rid of some sibilance. It is something they had to tell me many times. I think I solved it (a bit) so for you it will be easy too ;-)

Nice song!
Hans
Thanks a lot Hans for having a listen, good to know you like the Irish music, the accordion is very popular here as you probably know, and we give our own twist to home grown country songs known as Country and Irish.

I do like to have a clear vocal and think with this one sometime in future I will re-do it again, as sibilance is too much for my liking, have tried de-essing and pulling the frequency down where I think it is happening but it doesn't do much good.

As it says in an online article "its better to get it right at the source" when recording so that is good advice.

Glad you like the song though and thanks again.
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
A wonderful story, and a captivating presentation, musiclover (you wear the moniker so well!). Man, I can hear this song being sung by the whole crowd swinging their mugs in the air. I'm in.

Hey Marty,

Good to hear from you, with all this singing and drinking I think we are well on our way to being unsteady on our feet by now..:)

its great that you enjoyed the listen, many thanks.
Wonderful sentiment, and a very nice tune!! Has a very classic feel to it.....old time, natural story telling. There is a real sincerity and honesty in the lyric! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Wonderful sentiment, and a very nice tune!! Has a very classic feel to it.....old time, natural story telling. There is a real sincerity and honesty in the lyric! Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanks very much Greg for having a listen, and liking the tune, these kind of songs tend to go down well over here in Ireland, its amazing what biab can do, I am always thankful for this software.

All the best.
© PG Music Forums