PG Music Home
Posted By: camog "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/22/20 07:16 AM
Original tune - basic backing in BB 2020 Mac, I added ac/el slide guitars, ac/el/nylon guitars, piano, mandolin & charango. Carl

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/free-easy-folky-pop-tune
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/22/20 08:00 AM
Very soothing. The blend and arrangement of instruments was nicely done.
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/22/20 08:33 AM
HI Carl ...

Laid back and so easy. I don't smoke but almost lit one up. Really nice tracks that are mutually complimenting. enjoyed this one a lot! Very nice. Thanks for the great listen.

Wishing you the best. Take care and be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: camog Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/22/20 09:12 AM
Hi Ghostgum and Alan - really chuffed you like my tune, thanks very much for your nice comments!!
Wishing you the very best, cheers from the UK - Carl
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/22/20 11:52 AM
Nice,
It's got a live performance sound to it............we miss that.
Well done.
Posted By: camog Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/22/20 12:17 PM
Thank you CaptainMoto - yes quite right, less of the over-polished stuff, mine always comes with a few 'warts' you might say!
Appreciate your comment - cheers, Carl
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/26/20 04:45 PM
Carl,
Sweet original tune. Listens very well. Pleasant arrangement and playing!
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/26/20 05:54 PM
This was terrific, the melody was so engaging. I think I'm going to be humming it the rest of the day. Great job!
Posted By: camog Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/27/20 11:22 AM
Hi Misha and Tunemonger - very good of you to post such nice comments, thank you!! Glad you liked my folky pop tune!
Keep well, all the very best - Carl
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/27/20 11:31 AM
I liked this quite a lot - absolutely catchy, and laid back and easy on the ears. I can imagine it sounding great in a live setting. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: camog Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/27/20 02:03 PM
Glad you liked it Deryk - thanks so much for your nice comment, much appreciated!!
Best regards, Carl
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/27/20 09:28 PM
Truly a joy to listen to Carl!!! Fantastic playing.......so sweet, melodic, and full of feeling!! Title is PERFECT......a vacation in a song!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: camog Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/28/20 04:47 AM
Hi Greg, your comment means a lot - thank you very much indeed!!
Don't know whether I'm allowed to mention it here (as it's not BB) - you might like my 'Ronroco Calma' on Soundcloud, also soft & melodic?
Hope you keep finding just the right songs for your great voice!!
All the best in CA, Carl
Posted By: Birchwood Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/28/20 10:57 AM
Hi Carl,

As Greg wrote, your song is a joy listening to. It's laid back, but still a lot of things going on in it. Like the nylon string played and the mandolin enters as well. All together they make this a lovely tune. A pity no one sings in it...

Hans
Posted By: camog Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/28/20 01:38 PM
Hi Hans, thank you very much for your kind comment - very pleased you like my tune!!
All the very best from the UK, Carl
Posted By: MarioD Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/28/20 08:37 PM
Nice chops and a super mix. Excellent laid back lounge music. I am a big fan of lounge music and you certainly did it justice.

Great performance. Speaking of performance I would rather take a live first take that has all of the emotions in it as well as a few warts then an over polished lifeless track.

{edit} my first takes have a lot more warts then yours. Great job on that.
Posted By: camog Re: "Free & Easy" - Folky Pop Tune - 10/29/20 04:21 AM
Thank you Mario - yes music should be 'real', and you're absolutely right about first takes! They always contain something more than subsequent takes when you start to bring your 'head' into it - the beauty of our modern DAWs is that we can record multiple 'first takes' when you're feeling fresh, and then use the best bits from each take when you mix with automation.
We are such a lucky lot with our modern computer music - I still pinch myself at what's available on my iMac (wish I could get my head around it all), and BB is a great tool to get ideas going.
Warts and all - enjoy your music and have fun, really appreciate your comment Mario!!

Carl
© PG Music Forums