PG Music Home
https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/blues-around-the-corner

This is a collaboration with Marty Straub and Dave Bell. Marty sang and Dave played lead guitar. Dave also mixed and mastered, for which I am very grateful.

RealTracks in style: ~572:Bass, Electric, Blues BB Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3355:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm LowdownBluesHighBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in style: 3354:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm LowdownBluesBrent Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:BluesBBEven8^01-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Dave Bell - lead guitar
Marty Straub - vocal

Thanks to the guys from Blue Attitude for lending their considerable talents and bringing my song to life!

There's a blues around the corner
Hopes to ease its way on in
And its breath is getting warmer
Trying to make of me its kin

I've been watching it a long time
Known its pain a time or three
I've been watching it a long time
It always picks the wrong time
To rain its hell on me

Is my woman gonna leave me?
Will I lose my job to youth?
Will my life get turned to rubble?
Is my very health in trouble?
Will I break from its abuse?

It's been sniffing round a bit
The devil's own informer
Raising up a fit

Nothing left but let it enter
Let the battle start today
Nothing left but let it enter
Find a peace within its center
Live to fight another day

Hello TuneMonger,

t's the style of blues that I love. The lyrics are well written and ask us about our life course, our wishes and our regrets. The voice lends itself perfectly to the lyrics. Very pleasant. Well done.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
This really lifted my spirit. See what happens when, unlike me, someone knows what they're actually doing musically? :-) The writing is great, the singing is superlative, the arrangement and mixing excellent. The growling beat of this song is wonderful. Bravi.
Guys,

Wonderful blues, excellent vocal by Marty, Dave's immaculate playing,and a good set of blues lyrics.

Top quality throughout, pretty much as I expected!

Great work.

Peter
Great song TuneMonger, with great performances.
Marty's vocals suit the song perfectly and Dave's guitar soars.
Cheers,
Mike
Tunemonger ,Dave & Marty,
Lyrics absolutely right for the genre- with some that made me sit up:

The devil's own informer

nice, spare arrangement, a good deep and energetic vocal and masterful guitar fills and lead.
Excellent collaboration!!

Robert
First rate collaboration. Excellent vocal from Marty and Dave's reliably smoking guitar work. It's also an interesting lyric, with 'a' blues portrayed as an almost sentient thing, stalking the singer. Nice work by all.
Regards,
Leon
Terrific collaboration.

An interesting Blues write, TM.
"I've been watching it a long time
It always picks the wrong time
To rain its hell on me"
...Nice!

Marty's vocal is a delight.
Dave's guitar is perfect (always!).
Excellent mix. Sounds great in the phones.

Much enjoyed.

fj
Really cool stuff gents.
The vocals and licks are made for this.
Very cool tune. Loved this collaboration. Awesome vocal Marty. Dave's guitar was excellent. Very well done
Great!
Vocals & Guitar as good as ever.
Can't forget to mention the mix is spot on.
Well done.

moto
"It's also an interesting lyric, with 'a' blues portrayed as an almost sentient thing, stalking the singer. "
Hard to beat Leon's description of the lyric. Yeah!!

Well, if ya gonna collab you might as well pick two of the finest musicians on the forum.

Marty's vocal nails the lyric with both soul and attitude.

Now what did that other guy do? Hmmm ... oh yeah the guitar smile Classy soaring happening there all the way with those fine chops and tone!

And it's all nicely wrapped up in an excellent mix ... no surprise there.

Kudos!

J&B
Hi guys,

that is just brilliant. Great vocals, Marty, and the guitar playing remindes me immediately of Gary Moore - hats off, Dave!
Good lyrics, too, and a flawless sound.

A very pleasant listen .

Take care,

Stefan
Excellent collaboration!!!
Wow! As far as "new" collaborations go, this is surely one of the best I have heard this year. Very cool composition, guitars, mix, but Marty's kick ### vocals brought this to a proper level. Amazing work all around. Congrats TuneMonger & Blue Attitude team! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Some Great Blues!!! A very cool collab!! A great lyric!! You recruited some serious talent with these guys!! FANTASTIC!!! Take care. Greg
Hi TuneMonger, Marty and Dave,

Very catchy Blues. Marty, I didn't know you could do more than playing the bassguitar? The vocals are pretty good!
And Dave playes the stars from heaven with his leadguitar
TuneMonger, I saw Dave also helped with mixing and mastering, so what was your role in this song?
No, I'm kidding, you composed this very strong song with it's nice tempo. A great composition.

On the Souncloud page I asked if a new band is coming up; BlueMonger, or Tune Attitude?
I like to hear more from this!

Hans
Great number. Cleaver hook line. Fantastic electric blues. Good bluesy vocals. Outstanding electric guitar licks. Hat's off to both of you (and the band too).
First of all, thanks again for the opportunity, TuneMonger. This is a wonderful blues song, and I love the lyrics. It's cool how you anthropomorphize The Blues. Man, that line "the devil's own informer" grabs me every time. So many cool rhymes. Then, when you told me Dave was adding guitar, man, that iced it.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments on my vocal, but I have a version where TM sings a guide vocal and it's great. Inspiring even. It sure motivated me to a new level.
Thanks to jpt, Hans, Greg, Misha, Stefan, J&B, Moto, Scott C, rayc, FJ, Leon, RKC, Mike, Peter, James and Dero for the positive feedback. It's great when you hear 100% positive reviews and you don't have to address anything. Of course, I'm always open to "that other kind of criticism." Can't get better without that stuff. Thanks again, everyone.

Bob (Tunemonger)
Guys, I love that deep heavy sound coming through here...very effective!! Great work all the way around by everyone involved (lyrics, singing and playing). I think you all are on to something! Take care, T
This is an instant classic! Great idea to personify blues as a scary character, faceless threat. Great way to end by accepting the situation:
"Nothing left but let it enter
Find a peace within its center
Live to fight another day"
The chord progression is very enjoyable, not just usual blues standard.
The RT backing is excellent, the low guitars create the exact gloomy mood. Dave's playing and the sound is just perfect for the song. Marty's vocal is passionate, the key is just right for his voice. Mix is very clear and airy.

Janne
TuneMonger, Marty and Dave:

Really smoking tune, dripping with blues. Dave is slaying that lead guitar. Nice job by Marty on those vocals. Nothing not to like here. Slick stuff!

My best to you all,

Deej
© PG Music Forums