PG Music Home
Posted By: BabuMusic Bailey's Blue - 10/29/20 10:49 AM
Bailey's Blue on SoundCloud
Bailey's Blue on YouTube

This is an original. It's a tune written about and old friend, Bailey. You can read more of the yadda yadda if ya like in the descriptions on SoundCloud and YouTube. Lyrics are there, too

My profile here says I started with BiaB in 2019. Of course, that's when I found this forum. I've been a user since the 20th century, and have progressed right along with the program. At first, it was just for learning stuff. You know, putting in chords and playing along. As the software kept improving the uses became even more evident. I could write out parts for different instruments and get the whole band to play from the same page. It was a way to give others examples of what to play. Now the program has developed to the point of being able to provide us with the tools to make professional sounding finished recordings. And this forum is the highly polished catalyst that brings that all together.

That's not meant to be an advertisement because you folks are all already sold. It's just a way to say thanks to you all for what you are doing on this forum. There is no competition, only honest help. That's refreshing. Thanks.

Here is the Song Summary from BiaB:
Title: Bailey's Blue
File:Bailey's Blue.SGU
Key=G , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=3:09
5 bar intro, 88 bar chorus, from bar 6 to bar 93. Repeat x1 chorus
No Melody
Soloist track has 365 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Tempo, Time signature,Volume Changes,
Style is _BLUESSH.STY (Blues Shuffle Quintet Swing)

RealTracks in style: 420:Bass, Electric, Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~425:Organ, B3, Background Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 421:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~585:Guitar, Resophonic, Rhythm Blues Muddy Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 418:Guitar, Slide, Soloist Blues Sw 120 (Bluesy)
RealDrums [in style:BluesShuffleHard^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Ride

Although those guys did a great job with their parts, it's always more fun to share the recording with friends. Christiane Spruit from Blues Attitude played a rollicking and rocking piano, so I thanked the original pianist for his time, and inserted her interpretation. Dave Bell from Blues Attitude laid down a killer guitar. The solo is outstanding, especially when it goes from the verse to the chorus. Dave also helped a great deal with the mix. I played bass and sang. Oh, one more thing... The ending may have been the first time this happened: G6/Gmaj7. The voices sustain a a G6 four-part harmony while the bass held a Gmaj7 chord. Weird, but in a Miles Davis kinda way I liked it.

BiaB is great, but without you folks, it's just another cool program. A very cool program.

Posted By: floyd jane Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/29/20 11:29 AM
Marty (and Attitude)...

Cooool!

Blues songs seldom tell such an intricate story. Well done!

Good stuff abounds. Good vocals and harmonies.
Chris' piano is solid.
Dave's guitar is its always perfect self. Great BITE to it.
Mix is good. Everybody, every instrument can be heard clearly with a good blend.

Good rockin' rhythm. Very enjoyable listen.

LOVE that last chord!

fj
Posted By: MarioD Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/29/20 05:12 PM
Outstanding! Love it!

Babu your vocal is fantastic, as is your bass playing. Dave's biting guitar adds a nice edge to this. Your mix is spot on. Love that last chord!
Posted By: Derochette Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/29/20 05:24 PM
Hello BabuMusic,

I loved your song and the well-written lyrics. I who am in love with dogs, I was filled for the story that you told us. I really enjoyed your music.

Kindly regard

Dero13,
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Scott C Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/29/20 08:21 PM
Very cool Marty. Loved the walking bass lines and awesome vocal and harmonies. The guitar player and piano player are not to shabby either :-)... Very cool solo Dave. I listened on Youtube and on Soundcloud which was must better.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/29/20 11:16 PM
Cool!
Everything sounds great.
Well put together.

As a newbie to BIAB I'm blown away by those of you who've mastered it.
I'm pecking away at the edges, maybe someday, I'll see what's inside.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/30/20 10:03 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Marty (and Attitude)...

Cooool!

Blues songs seldom tell such an intricate story. Well done!

Good stuff abounds. Good vocals and harmonies.
Chris' piano is solid.
Dave's guitar is its always perfect self. Great BITE to it.
Mix is good. Everybody, every instrument can be heard clearly with a good blend.

Good rockin' rhythm. Very enjoyable listen.

LOVE that last chord!

fj

Thanks so much for your comment, Floyd. Chris & Dave are a great addition to any song from the germ to the gem. You're right about blues songs and their short stories, but this one didn't start at a quarter to 3 and end with a matchbox full of clothes. hehe
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/30/20 10:07 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Outstanding! Love it!

Babu your vocal is fantastic, as is your bass playing. Dave's biting guitar adds a nice edge to this. Your mix is spot on. Love that last chord!

Thanks, Mario. I knew you'd love Dave's solo. Right? With your talent you could build a whole song with that last chord. Carry on, brother.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/30/20 02:14 PM
Liked it all the way around. Great story-song, with fun, positive energy. Pleasing mix, excellent vocals--and I really liked that final "sliding" chord/organ phrase! Thanks Marty!!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/30/20 05:30 PM
Nice work - loved the story element of it, and thought the solo on it was great too. Has a nice upbeat vibe that is easy to take, and nothing comes across as overbearing. Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Bawb Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/30/20 06:20 PM
Hello BabuMusic...

Bi-i-ig smile on my face. I mean, come on a song about a dog!
This sounds like it could be the theme music for a hit tv show about Bailey's Blue. Really, got to be better than the garbage the networks put out, right?

Great job on the music. Like I said, sounds like a professional tv theme song.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/30/20 08:42 PM
WOW!!!! FUN Track!!! Great energetic blues vibe with some great licks from the Blue's brother/sister team!! LOVE the vocal.....perfect tone and attitude!! Great one Marty and co!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: rayc Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/31/20 07:19 AM
Nice one...another cool BA in blues.
You all do your thing so well AND blend with the BIAB stuff that the tracks are really ensemble sounding.
You'd have carried it off with the three of you + drums n organ but the added textures are great.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/31/20 11:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Dero13
Hello BabuMusic,

I loved your song and the well-written lyrics. I who am in love with dogs, I was filled for the story that you told us. I really enjoyed your music.

Kindly regard

Dero13,
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks so much, Dero! Dogs are the best, right? I'm going out on a very sturdy limb here and saying, I bet they love you, too. Dogs have the best sense. Anyway, this dawg loves your comment.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool Marty. Loved the walking bass lines and awesome vocal and harmonies. The guitar player and piano player are not to shabby either :-)... Very cool solo Dave. I listened on Youtube and on Soundcloud which was must better.

Scott, thanks for your kind comments. One of the cool things about playing with Dave is I can't tell (and am not likely to remember) who played on who's track. Sometimes I'll lay down a bass without having his guitar, and sometimes vice versa, yet it often seems we were in the same take.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/31/20 01:33 PM
Hi Marty,

every time I listen to one of your songs I think that I'm really glad you joinded the forum last year. Your Blues stuff is always top notch, and this one is a real treat. Liked the images you used in the YT video a lot, too. And I guess I won't get that chorus out of my head for the rest of the day, because it's so good... But that's okay !!!

And, oh yes: Christine and Dave have done another great job - that was indeed a killer solo !

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/31/20 01:40 PM
Well done Marty....

I'll gladly echo all previous comments.
Good vocal performance/harmonies with a great groove.

Carry on....
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/31/20 03:53 PM
Loved it. Love dogs and songs about songs. Especially when there's a happy ending. Guitar was ripping, vox were cool, ya got a winner!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/31/20 06:37 PM
We are dog folks ... big time ... so we fell right into this.

Great write and tribute to your friend and his canine buddy.

Man, that bass line is so solid and, hey, it's walking smile -- our fav.

Chris' piano is always in the pocket and Dave ... well, nothing to expect but great chops and tone as per always.

We loved your vocal -- sung with conviction and feeling.

Nice vid and photos -- no surprise there smile

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Bailey's Blue - 10/31/20 06:59 PM
Marty & band

Brilliant.

Great sounding band, excellent playing by you Chris & Dave(great solo), all to be expected (and exceeded).

Excellent vocal and just a great all round blues tune.

Peter
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/01/20 10:51 AM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Cool!
Everything sounds great.
Well put together.

As a newbie to BIAB I'm blown away by those of you who've mastered it.
I'm pecking away at the edges, maybe someday, I'll see what's inside.

Thanks, Cap. "As a newbie to BIAB" you're doing a lot more than just peeling back the label, man. I'm lovin' your stuff. Keep 'em coming.

Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Liked it all the way around. Great story-song, with fun, positive energy. Pleasing mix, excellent vocals--and I really liked that final "sliding" chord/organ phrase! Thanks Marty!!

Thanks, Tano!! This is fun stuff, this BiaB and forum stuff. I see you have a new one, so gotta go hear it.

Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Nice work - loved the story element of it, and thought the solo on it was great too. Has a nice upbeat vibe that is easy to take, and nothing comes across as overbearing. Thanks for sharing smile

Thanks, Deryk. Glad you liked it! Thanks for listening and commenting.

Originally Posted By: Bawb
Hello BabuMusic...

Bi-i-ig smile on my face. I mean, come on a song about a dog!
This sounds like it could be the theme music for a hit tv show about Bailey's Blue. Really, got to be better than the garbage the networks put out, right?

Great job on the music. Like I said, sounds like a professional tv theme song.

Haha, thanks, Bawb. It's not just another hound dog song, right? And this one is not just a metaphor. hehe. Hey, I got the story line for that TV show. We could make Blue a crack detective, and Bailey is just the side kick.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/03/20 07:57 PM
Marty, you and Dave KNOW blues music!! What a great sounding track! Way to step out there and make it happen! Enjoyed it! T
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/03/20 08:33 PM
Hi Marty
Top notch work all round. Great performances from the fab three and a moving back-story.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/03/20 08:54 PM
Your song had a really nice groove to it, the guitar sounded great, and the vocals were spot on for this style. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/03/20 09:29 PM
What a jam! Fun, fun, fun.

The chorus really stands out.

Dave's guitar solo sizzles.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/05/20 11:36 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
WOW!!!! FUN Track!!! Great energetic blues vibe with some great licks from the Blue's brother/sister team!! LOVE the vocal.....perfect tone and attitude!! Great one Marty and co!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. So cool to hear such accolades from someone I respect so much. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: rayc
Nice one...another cool BA in blues.
You all do your thing so well AND blend with the BIAB stuff that the tracks are really ensemble sounding.
You'd have carried it off with the three of you + drums n organ but the added textures are great.

Thanks, Ray! I appreciate you noticing how it could've been without BiaB, and hearing how it is yet improved with those guys in the box. That's how I used to use the program --make tracks so others could get their parts. But, man, BiaB is so packed with skill performers that they still add so much even when they don't know the song.

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Marty,

every time I listen to one of your songs I think that I'm really glad you joinded the forum last year. Your Blues stuff is always top notch, and this one is a real treat. Liked the images you used in the YT video a lot, too. And I guess I won't get that chorus out of my head for the rest of the day, because it's so good... But that's okay !!!

And, oh yes: Christine and Dave have done another great job - that was indeed a killer solo !

Take care,

Stefan

Ah, Stefan, my favorite video performer. YOU, sir, and many others, are what makes me ecstatic that I've joined. When I first joined it was just to ask a question. It wasn't until 10 months later that I found the most wonderful music in this Showcase. Take care!!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/05/20 12:18 PM
Originally Posted By: chulaivet1966
Well done Marty....

I'll gladly echo all previous comments.
Good vocal performance/harmonies with a great groove.

Carry on....

Thanks, Wayne.

Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Loved it. Love dogs and songs about songs. Especially when there's a happy ending. Guitar was ripping, vox were cool, ya got a winner!

Thanks you, TuneMonger! Man, am I getting a lot of compliments on YOUR song, Blues Around The Corner. Man, those lyrics are superb!

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty & band

Brilliant.

Great sounding band, excellent playing by you Chris & Dave(great solo), all to be expected (and exceeded).

Excellent vocal and just a great all round blues tune.

Peter

Thank you, Peter. So good to hear comments like that from someone as talented as yourself. Carry on, sir.

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Marty, you and Dave KNOW blues music!! What a great sounding track! Way to step out there and make it happen! Enjoyed it! T

Thanks, Torrey. Have a great day, and keep up the good word.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/06/20 06:12 PM
Marty & BA crew,
Solid tune and excellent collaboration. Good vocals and effort from all participants. BA is one of my favorite Blues teams here (and not only here for that matter) and it is super cool to hear new tunes with you as a member and your lead tunes, like this one. So many flavors. Fun!
Congrats and Mazel tov, I mean muzzles off!

Misha.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/07/20 02:54 AM
Marty ...

You never fail to put a smile on my face when I listen to one of your songs. Love the walking 4/4 bass - there's just something about it that drives a song and makes you feel it ... not just hear it.

Nice vocal and the band was tops. And yeah, Chris and Dave are great talents. Ya can't go wrong with them leading the band. Really nice, my friend. Seriously good stuff.

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Bailey's Blue - 11/07/20 10:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Marty
Top notch work all round. Great performances from the fab three and a moving back-story.
Regards,
Leon

Haha. I like that, Leon. Fab 3. We're looking for Pete Best.

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Your song had a really nice groove to it, the guitar sounded great, and the vocals were spot on for this style. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, for listening and your kind comment, Ember.

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
What a jam! Fun, fun, fun.

The chorus really stands out.

Dave's guitar solo sizzles.

Thanks, Ezekiel. Jammin' is my favorite language.

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Marty & BA crew,
Solid tune and excellent collaboration. Good vocals and effort from all participants. BA is one of my favorite Blues teams here (and not only here for that matter) and it is super cool to hear new tunes with you as a member and your lead tunes, like this one. So many flavors. Fun!
Congrats and Mazel tov, I mean muzzles off!

Misha.

Thanks so much, Misha. We're having a blast, and we love playing around with so many options.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Marty ...

You never fail to put a smile on my face when I listen to one of your songs. Love the walking 4/4 bass - there's just something about it that drives a song and makes you feel it ... not just hear it.

Nice vocal and the band was tops. And yeah, Chris and Dave are great talents. Ya can't go wrong with them leading the band. Really nice, my friend. Seriously good stuff.

Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan

Thanks, Alan!! Walking bass is my favorite feel, too. Only wish an upright would fit in public transportation. wink
© PG Music Forums