PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Patience - 10/29/20 06:02 PM
Patience, what is really needed in today's world.

BiaB style - Oreg Slow - Slow New Age World-B
Tempo = 40 BPM - This is an ambient song

I deleted the drums.
Bass - Ample Bass - upright bass
Piano - Kontakt - Air Vox Stardust multi - FX - Raum reverb. Note that both of these tracks are straight from BiaB with no modifications.

I am playing the lead via my MIDI guitar controller - Kontakt = Triple Phased Halo Octave Multi

And the strings via my MIDI keyboard controller - Kontakt - Retro Strings - FX - Raum reverb

As always I am open for constructive comments.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Patience - 10/29/20 08:24 PM
Wow Mario. I love this kind of music. Makes you want to stop everything close your eyes and let all thoughts of everything but the excellent sounds floating around the room. Very well done
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Patience - 10/29/20 11:21 PM
Mystically engaging.

Soothing, yet compelling music in troubled times.

Nice work.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Patience - 10/30/20 04:17 AM
Hi Mario,

You've done it again.

This is a very nice cinematic experience. As with all your works, I sat here with my eyes closed and I just let my mind flow along with the music. From travelling in space to sailing oceans to drifting in ones deepest thoughts to watching a sunrise, this music took me to all those places and more. The more I listened, the more I realised that to hear your music is to experience it.

Really well done.
Noel
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Patience - 10/30/20 09:11 AM
Oh my God, Mario. Just kidding. I don't have my own God, but, man, you are one mystically magical man. Patience. Great title. I tried breathing this slowly, and wow. This is so perfect for many many moods.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Patience - 10/30/20 10:38 AM
Very well done - amazing song here, love how calming and ethereal it is. Almost makes you feel like you're floating in space. I can imagine this sounding unreal in as part of a movie soundtrack, it has a cinematic vibe to it. Also reminds of some older Aphex Twin work, named Selected Ambient Works Pt. 2.

Contender for favourite I've heard you do - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Patience - 10/30/20 11:15 AM
Mario,

You are the BIAB new-age King.

I'll say it again - you could sell CDs of this. Really well done.

A beautiful, relaxing listen.

fj
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Patience - 10/30/20 12:05 PM
Yes! I love this kind of music as you know. Very well put together. I enjoy it a lot.

Mike B.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Patience - 10/30/20 02:09 PM
Really creative, interior journey. I've always found it difficult working in very slow tempo's like this--can't seem to "hear" complete musical thoughts that get stretched out for so long. So I'm quite impressed with this track! I don't understand all the instrumentation settings, but it came out great! Thanks Mario!
Posted By: vicarn Re: Patience - 10/30/20 03:42 PM
I can imagine a space walk.
Nice sound.

Vic
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Patience - 10/30/20 08:36 PM
Mario, you rule the roost with this genre!! Your instrumentals are always so rich and engaging!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G) Re: Patience - 10/30/20 08:50 PM
Ethereal, atmospheric, ambient. heavenly, unearthly, celestial - OK, I may have looked up a thesauraus grin
This is terrific Mario - the textures, the instruments, the arrangement. It's a soundtrack waiting for a movie (or a space walk, or an episode of Fargo etc.).
You've inspired me to have a go at an ambient piece sometime soon.
Thanks for sharing this one,
Mike
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 08:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Wow Mario. I love this kind of music. Makes you want to stop everything close your eyes and let all thoughts of everything but the excellent sounds floating around the room. Very well done

Thanx so much Scott for the very kind review. I'm glad that you liked it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 08:54 PM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Mystically engaging.

Soothing, yet compelling music in troubled times.

Nice work.

Thanx for these wonderful comments. Patience is something that I need a lot more of these days!
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 08:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Mario,

You've done it again.

This is a very nice cinematic experience. As with all your works, I sat here with my eyes closed and I just let my mind flow along with the music. From travelling in space to sailing oceans to drifting in ones deepest thoughts to watching a sunrise, this music took me to all those places and more. The more I listened, the more I realised that to hear your music is to experience it.

Really well done.
Noel

Thanx Noel for this wonderful critique. I'm very impressed with your review and very glad that you liked it. This review made my day!

Thanx again.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 08:59 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh my God, Mario. Just kidding. I don't have my own God, but, man, you are one mystically magical man. Patience. Great title. I tried breathing this slowly, and wow. This is so perfect for many many moods.

Thanx for listening and those great comments. I have been called many names but "mystically magical man" was never one of them. I like that one!

Thanx again.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 09:01 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Very well done - amazing song here, love how calming and ethereal it is. Almost makes you feel like you're floating in space. I can imagine this sounding unreal in as part of a movie soundtrack, it has a cinematic vibe to it. Also reminds of some older Aphex Twin work, named Selected Ambient Works Pt. 2.

Contender for favourite I've heard you do - thanks for sharing smile

Thanx so much Deryk. BiaB is such a versatile piece of software that it makes it very easy to compose in virtually any genre.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Mario,

You are the BIAB new-age King.

I'll say it again - you could sell CDs of this. Really well done.

A beautiful, relaxing listen.

fj

Thanx Floyd for these very nice comments. New age and ambient are two genres that I really enjoy playing. I'm glad that you liked this one.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 09:03 PM
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Yes! I love this kind of music as you know. Very well put together. I enjoy it a lot.

Mike B.

Thanx so much Mike.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Really creative, interior journey. I've always found it difficult working in very slow tempo's like this--can't seem to "hear" complete musical thoughts that get stretched out for so long. So I'm quite impressed with this track! I don't understand all the instrumentation settings, but it came out great! Thanks Mario!

Thank you for listening and commenting. I'm sure that you could produce something similar to this if you tried. I include the instrumentation date for those whom might want to venture into the MIDI side of BiaB, the side that is often overlooked.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 09:07 PM
Originally Posted By: vicarn
I can imagine a space walk.
Nice sound.

Vic

Thanx so much Vic.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 09:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Mario, you rule the roost with this genre!! Your instrumentals are always so rich and engaging!! Take care. Greg

Thanx Greg. I'm not sure that I rule the roost with this genre but I do like to work in MIDI and BiaB gives me the foundation to explore many genres. The MIDI side of BiaB is often overlooked.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 10/30/20 09:11 PM
Originally Posted By: mkg50 (Mike G)
Ethereal, atmospheric, ambient. heavenly, unearthly, celestial - OK, I may have looked up a thesauraus grin
This is terrific Mario - the textures, the instruments, the arrangement. It's a soundtrack waiting for a movie (or a space walk, or an episode of Fargo etc.).
You've inspired me to have a go at an ambient piece sometime soon.
Thanks for sharing this one,
Mike

Mike please do have a go at an ambient piece. I'm sure you will do well with it.

Thanx so much for those very nice comments.
Posted By: rayc Re: Patience - 10/31/20 07:13 AM
Marion - excellent.
This REALLY reminded me of the Fripp & Eno collaborations No Pussyfooting and Evening Star...I reckon you'd have been king of tape loops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW85KrKEphY&list=PLvjnKzEheHWpz3ZrDFVh6tKq4qpOzBwxO&ab_channel=kikuma1
I really enjoyed your piece.
Posted By: molsenhouse Re: Patience - 10/31/20 01:21 PM
Beautiful, Mario!

Really enjoyed the sound-space you have created. Patience with a touch of Silence!
Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Patience - 10/31/20 04:11 PM
I think you must've been the Bladerunner composer cuz I keep hearing it in your music. I try to do a variety of genres but this is not one I could pull off. I did enjoy it though, glad we have you here making this kind of music.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Patience - 10/31/20 05:53 PM
Hello MarioD,

I love this atmosphere that you have created. It's calming and very melodic. In a soft atmosphere in its tablecloths, you destress us during this sad period of the covid. Thanks to you. Well done

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: PeterF Re: Patience - 10/31/20 06:15 PM
Mario

Perfect meditation music that some lovely sounds.

Very atmospheric (which is an understatement).

Petr
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Patience - 10/31/20 11:50 PM
Mario, you are so good at this creating these type songs with beautiful textures and flow! This sounds wonderful! Thanks, T
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Patience - 11/01/20 05:20 PM
The title is quite apt for this piece.

Relaxing. Hypnotic. Transcendental.

I must say I now feel like purchasing one of those lamps from late 60s, early 70s that project moving color on the walls and ceiling.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 11/01/20 06:47 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Marion - excellent.
This REALLY reminded me of the Fripp & Eno collaborations No Pussyfooting and Evening Star...I reckon you'd have been king of tape loops.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW85KrKEphY&list=PLvjnKzEheHWpz3ZrDFVh6tKq4qpOzBwxO&ab_channel=kikuma1
I really enjoyed your piece.

Thanx so much for the every kind review. I have listened to Frip & Eno so maybe some of them rubbed of onto me.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 11/01/20 06:48 PM
Originally Posted By: molsenhouse
Beautiful, Mario!

Really enjoyed the sound-space you have created. Patience with a touch of Silence!
Thanks for sharing!

Thanx for listening and commenting. I'm glad you like this song.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 11/01/20 06:50 PM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
I think you must've been the Bladerunner composer cuz I keep hearing it in your music. I try to do a variety of genres but this is not one I could pull off. I did enjoy it though, glad we have you here making this kind of music.

I'm sure you could pull of an ambient song if you wanted.

I haven't seen Bladerunner so I will have to check it out.

I'm glad that you enjoyed this.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 11/01/20 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Dero13
Hello MarioD,

I love this atmosphere that you have created. It's calming and very melodic. In a soft atmosphere in its tablecloths, you destress us during this sad period of the covid. Thanks to you. Well done

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanx so much. I just wish that I could de-stress myself on occasions.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 11/01/20 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Mario

Perfect meditation music that some lovely sounds.

Very atmospheric (which is an understatement).

Petr

Thanx so much Petr for listening.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 11/01/20 06:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Mario, you are so good at this creating these type songs with beautiful textures and flow! This sounds wonderful! Thanks, T

Thanx so much Torrey for these wonderful comments.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Patience - 11/01/20 06:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
The title is quite apt for this piece.

Relaxing. Hypnotic. Transcendental.

I must say I now feel like purchasing one of those lamps from late 60s, early 70s that project moving color on the walls and ceiling.

Thanx for listening and comments. You're not thinking of a disco ball are you?
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Patience - 11/01/20 10:33 PM

Really nice work Mario!

Ethereal.

I like your sentiment too!!

smile
© PG Music Forums