PG Music Home
Posted By: Buttrey New song: "Hard Pants" - 10/30/20 01:35 AM
Check out this bluegrass take on one weird aspect of the pandemic.

https://soundcloud.com/sam-buttrey/hard-pants

Except for some woodblock hits and the vocals, it's all from BIAB using the _BGMEDLY style. This style provides the solos, too. I used Reaper for some EQ and compression.

Have fun,
Sam Buttrey

--------------------

Song note (NA's in the original):

BlueGrass:Doc Watson Band (199)
Style is _BGMEDLY.STY (Old Time Bluegrass Band w/ Soloi)

RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~427:Bass, Acoustic, Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~426:Banjo, Bluegrass Ev 130 (Rhythm)
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~431:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~428:Fiddle, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130
RealTracks in style: ** N/A ** ~432:Mandolin, Rhythm Bluegrass Ev 130
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: New song: "Hard Pants" - 10/30/20 09:14 AM
Hahaha. Sam, that's a great take on these times. One of the big pluses from working at home.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: New song: "Hard Pants" - 10/30/20 08:18 PM
Funny tune!! I'm always one for being comfortable, and since I'm retired, I don't wear anything I don't want to.....not sure I've put on shoes in a year! Enjoyed! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: New song: "Hard Pants" - 10/30/20 08:44 PM
Very clever! I'm like Greg retired and wearing what I want when I want.

Your vocal was very strong and your backing tracks were exceptional. A funny Hard Pants bluegrass song, loved it!
Posted By: rayc Re: New song: "Hard Pants" - 10/31/20 07:08 AM
I had to look Hard Pants up. I had no idea...well, there ya go.
I've been retired for a couple of years and, just like the last 40 or so years of work, each morning I put on a pair of jeans and a collared shirt - usually button down.
The song was funny, the vocal is really strong and, perhaps, a little loud for such a solid performance.
Good & fun.
Posted By: Scott C Re: New song: "Hard Pants" - 10/31/20 12:43 PM
Very funny tune. Perfect timing. I can relate totally to this tune. I have to be carefully doing web conferences and having the camera activated. Well done
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: New song: "Hard Pants" - 10/31/20 04:20 PM
Very funny and well done. Never heard the phrase 'hard pants,' I think khakis are pretty comfortable. Nice to hear some bluegrass on the forum, great RTs you used. Excellent vocal, too.
© PG Music Forums