PG Music Home
Posted By: camog "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 09:34 AM
Original Tune - BB 2020 drums, I played ac/el/nylon guitars, el slide guitar, Piano, Hammond organ, charango, strings on the keys. Carl

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/mellow-mood-instrumental
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 11:39 AM
Soulfully soothing sounds, Carl. A great example of how effective a sparse bass can add so much. "Less is more" seems to be a lesson I only understand intellectually, but not practically. It doesn't seem to seep into my playing. Your playing, however, is superb on each instrument, and your mix allows the listeners' ears to choose & change the part they hear. That makes it so much more enjoyable to listen to over and over. Thanks.
Posted By: camog Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 12:45 PM
Hi Marty, I make music for 2 reasons - 1: because 'I have to' for some reason, and 2: in the hope that someone somewhere will like and/or be moved by what I do!
Your comment absolutely made my day - thanks so much Marty, chuffed you like my tune!!

Keep well, all the best - Carl
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 12:47 PM
Lovely instrumental and loved the choice of instruments. Very well recorded. Beautiful melodies..
Posted By: camog Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 01:31 PM
Thank you very much for your comments Scott - delighted you enjoyed my tune!!!

Best regards - Carl
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 04:26 PM
I liked the simple but strong musical motif you began with. Set everything else up beautifully. I wish I was good with MIDI like this, I would be 10x more creative. Very well done!
Posted By: camog Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 05:11 PM
Hi TuneMonger - thanks a lot for your kind comment!!
I just use Logic Pro X as a multitrack recorder really - the only MIDI I use is the virtual instruments like piano, strings, bass etc with the addition in this case of BB drums. The extra advantage with using a DAW of course is the ability to use effects plugins for both mixing and mastering - like I said elsewhere yesterday, we're so very lucky having these sophisticated DAWs.
Every real & virtual instrument is actually played as it's recorded - the DAW helps a lot with getting some of the timing right, unfortunately my personal timing is atrocious but I do my best.

Thank you for listening, all the best - Carl
Posted By: Derochette Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 06:41 PM
Hello camog,

Composition that immerses us in a cozy atmosphere for lovers at the end of the evening. It's very pleasant and the lead guitar is well played. It's a very neat piece in its arrangement. This is what makes all its charm.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: PeterF Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 06:52 PM
Carl

Impressive on every level. Lovely sounding nylon guitar sensitively played. Wonderful accompaniment you put together - all the instruments well played.

A real pro level instrumental.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 10/31/20 08:02 PM
There's a really lovely element to this, and I think you did a great job with it. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: camog Re: "Mellow Mood" - Instrumental - 11/01/20 03:56 AM
Hi Dero13 - PeterF - Ember (PGMusic), thank you very much for your kind comments, all very much appreciated!!
So very pleased you like my tune - thanks a lot for listening!!
Very best regards, Carl
© PG Music Forums