PG Music Home
Posted By: Chris37 Blue sky falling down (collab with Deej56) - 10/31/20 03:25 PM
Hi all,
David Lekich has written the lyrics and he sings.
Thanks to him !

https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/blue-sky-falling-down

Not a cloud in the sky
Not a speck in the blue
So you're wondering why
It feels so dark to you
Faces all passing by
Like there’s nothing new
(Not the sun, not the clouds, not the moon)
Never raising their eyes
From their path on the ground
To see your blue sky falling down

A dead knock on the door
A red mark on the moon
A black cat cross the floor
A sudden dawning of doom
Like the careless goodbye
He let fly too soon
(Just a word as he walked from the room)
With the tears in your eyes
Never hearing the sound
Of your blue sky falling down

Does it feel just like the fairy tale ?
(The one you heard when you were a kid)
As I recall that didn’t end so well.

Not a cloud in the sky
Not a speck in the blue
You still want to deny
What you always knew
That his love was a lie
And he was never true
(Give a wave as he fades from view)
With your arms open wide
Raise your eyes from the ground
And see your blue sky falling down.

RD CountryEven8
RT 921 Acoustic Bass
RT 896 12-String Acoustic Guitar
RT 3075 Fiddle
RT 1755 Mandolin
RT 3202 Solo Acoustic Guitar
RD TambourineEven8ths
Loop Cowbell

Good song, great singing (OF COURSE!) and cool lyrics. Great job by all.
TuneMonger,

Thanks much for the listen. It's always an interesting exercise to write lyrics to someone else's music--and fun as well, as it usually ends up being something very different than what I would write on my own. And Christian is great to work with . . . and, like most of my collaborators, incredibly patient with my often slow pace. Glad you liked the tune!

All my best,

Deej
Really well produced song. Great lyrics, vocals, and I love the "And see your blue sky falling down" hook line. The melody was superb. Arrangement was excellent. Good job to both of you.
really nice collab..would be interested to the sequence of the work development...music first then provided to the lyric-writer? Or built up in various ways as you worked together? Thanks!
EXCELLENT!! Love that voice! A superb presentation. A great use of BiaB.
Thanks TuneMonger, jptjptjpt, Tom and Marty.
Music was composed and arranged first and then David has written the lyrics and sung.
Chris & Deej,

wow, this is a truely exceptional one.

A very good backing track, well-produced, great song (music & lyrics), very well sung. Really liked that one a whole lot.

Take care,

Stefan
Thanks Stefan,
I always appreciate your comments. Christian
Great job Deej and Chris, very unique. I love the mood and tone it sets. Deej you did your vocals really different and I liked it a lot. Nice imaginary also. Really impressive!!
Excellent!
Orchestration is a nice backdrop to the lyrics.
Your vocal signature is as good as ever.
I detect a little Beatles vocal treatment ala, "Sgt. Pepper" album.

well done

moto
Very interesting song with a mix of different styles, some Beatles ('While my guitar'), some chanson and some blues. Clever chord progression creates an interesting mood and the mysterious dark lyrics support it nicely.
Excellent singing, nice dynamics and interesting small stylistic changes make the vocal track sound really professional.
Enjoyable arrangement, I especially like the fiddle and the picking guitar.

Janne
Posted By: rayc Re: Blue sky falling down (collab with Deej56) - 11/04/20 05:00 AM
I enjoyed the multiple voice you used Deej - two in the narrative and one for the elaborations.
I also enjoyed the way the vocals began as more aloof and became more expressive as the song progressed.
Lovely work gents.
Jpt3, Tano, Marty, Stefan, Belladonna, CaptainMoto, Janne, and rayc

Thanks for stopping in and giving this collaboration a spin. It’s always a pleasure and a challenge working with Christian, which is what makes it so much fun. All the more so when it seems to come out well. Christian sent this to me back in late August, which only goes to show how slow I am to get to stuff. Thanks again to Christian for his patience. A few additional comments on some of the feedback:

Tano: Since you asked, LOL smile . . . . as Christian noted, the music was complete when he sent it to me, which has been the case for all of our collaborations. As I referenced above, that’s what makes it a fun challenge for me, given I tend to write the lyrics for my solo writes (for the most part) along with the music (though it seems less so these days).

Add to it that Christian is very creative in his chord progressions . . . it requires a different approach as I listen to his music and try writing lyrics to it. Typically, I listen at least a half dozen or so times, or more, until a phrase comes to me. In this case, “blue sky falling down” . . . and then it was a matter of setting up the verses to that concluding line.

From a process perspective, Christian sends me a music track with a piano playing the melody. With past efforts, I haven’t always adhered to that melody, going instead to where my ears wanted to go . . . but on this one, it seemed spot on. So much so, that I suggested to Christian that we keep the piano melody playing under the vocal, as it does here (where on our prior collaborations, the piano melody is cut).

The biggest challenge I had here—like on other songs I’ve done with Christian—is that bridge. Again, Christian takes some very fresh turns on the chord progression. It took me a bit to find it.

Belladonna: Thanks for the comment on the vocal. To be honest, I was a little worried, even up until recording, that I couldn’t pull this song off. It starts really low in my register, and I wasn’t sure it would resonate. At one point, I was tempted to suggest to Christian that we find someone else to sing it. But I’m glad it worked out. The wonders a good mic and vocal effects can do, LOL! smile

Deej
Christian & Deej

Lovely collaboration, beautifully sung and composed.

A real treat.

Peter
Chris and Deej ...

I totally loved this! Deej, the variations in your vocal approach are both interesting and excellently done. i think your voice sounds really nice in the lower register. And from there, you take it to great heights. Your entire vocal ran ge is impressive and really nice to listen to. And your lyric is beyond excellent.

Chris, your musical composition is so nice. I always admire your chord progressions and arrangements. Very creative and everything blends perfectly. Really nice music, mon ami!

Excellent, gentlemen! That was a very nice listen! Take care and be safe.

Alan
Hey guys, that is a fine collaboration.

The band is excellent as is the engaging lyric and melody.

And DeeJ we like your exploration of the lower part of
your range ... it set up the mood very well.

The RT/RD choice makes for a very good band and the
mix sets up an impressive soundstage.

There's a LOT to like here and nothing to pick at
from us smile

Well done y'all!

J&B

"Really well produced song. Great lyrics, vocals, and I love the "And see your blue sky falling down" hook line. The melody was superb. Arrangement was excellent. Good job to both of you."

This is exactly what I was thinking as I was listening.

This is a perfectly constructed and sung song.
Peter, Al, J&B and Mario:

Thank you all for the listen and too kind comments. I really enjoy my collaborations with Christian and glad the output resonates for others, as it seems to have here. Stay safe, stay well, all!

My best to you,

Deej
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Blue sky falling down (collab with Deej56) - 11/16/20 01:25 AM
Christian & Deej

Excellent collaboration. I enjoyed every aspect. Very fine work by you both.
Regards,
Leon
Leon,

Appreciate the listen and kind comments very much. Thanks for stopping in!

All my best,

Deej
© PG Music Forums