PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Something Different - 11/07/20 06:59 PM
This was going to be a different genre. I had started it out as a jazz funk theme but as usual while going through the styles I came across this and thought that it would make a nice new age sound, so I turned it into Something Different !

BiaB style – CELINE 1.STY – Acoustic Guitar Ambient
Tempo – 60 BPM

All sounds but the choir are from Kontakt, the alto choir is from EastWest. The first listing is BiaB’s choice and the second is the sound that I used.

Bass – double bass

Strings – synth strings

Sweep Pad - choral strings

Guitar – Vibes

Drums – Steven Slat’s SSD5 drums

Triangle – Kontakt factory sounds

Cabassa – Brio Ensemble

Me – Flute via my wind controller, French Horns via my Guitar MIDI controller and the Choir via my keyboard controller.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Something Different - 11/08/20 05:34 AM
Hi Mario ...

This is just so dang pretty and relaxing! Love the group of musicians you hired ... they deserve a raise!

I wouldn't know a wind controller from a cement truck. So relaxing yet uplifting. Simply beautiful! And yes, it did migrate to something a little different than Jazz Funk! BTW, I'm getting ready top post a Modern Jazz Funk piece in just a bit.

Totally loved it! You are so good at this sort of thing!!! Best t you. Take care and be safe ...

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Something Different - 11/08/20 12:51 PM
Another great listen, Mario.

Super job with the wind controller...

Good mix.

fj
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Something Different - 11/08/20 02:33 PM
Very enjoyable.

That was different, in a good way.

moto
Posted By: jannesan Re: Something Different - 11/08/20 04:09 PM
Not completely different, but I surely enjoyed the majestic ballad with beautiful progression, ethereal melody, good instrumentation and playing.

Janne
Posted By: Scott C Re: Something Different - 11/09/20 01:36 PM
Very pretty tune Mario. Love that wind controller. Well done
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Something Different - 11/09/20 09:44 PM
Love that wind controller, you're getting good use out of it. Nice tune that mellowed me out real good. Listening again for the therapeutic benefits!
Posted By: tommyad Re: Something Different - 11/10/20 12:04 PM
Mario, You are a master of the wind controller. A beautiful and relaxing melody. Enjoyed, Tom
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Something Different - 11/10/20 12:12 PM
Ah, so trilling, Mario. You music is so uplifting and positive. Nowadays that may qualify for other-worldly. Loved it!
Posted By: cliftond Re: Something Different - 11/10/20 03:31 PM
Came out to be a beautiful song, I can hear this as a movie score!!! Cliff
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Something Different - 11/10/20 05:52 PM
Sublime and so well performed!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Something Different - 11/12/20 06:14 PM
Very sweet music Mario!!! I swear you should be a film scorer!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: Something Different - 11/13/20 06:18 PM
I want to thanx everyone who listened and commented on this little ditty. I greatly appreciate any and all comments.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Something Different - 11/13/20 06:27 PM
This is SO beautiful! The entry of the horns lifted it, for me, to yet another level. Like a vision, a glimpse of borderless flight. So, so beautiful. Thank you, I needed this!
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Something Different - 11/13/20 06:47 PM
wow Mario, beautiful piece. Great performance!

Regards

Mike B.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Something Different - 11/14/20 10:40 AM
Mario,
Very good well thought out composition. Excellent playing! Winds sound great.
Personally, the only weak spot to my ears were drums. Kind of lacking body. I think orchestral drums could work better on this. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Something Different - 11/14/20 07:35 PM
This sure ending up being what it what supposed to be Mario! You always do such lovely work! Take care, T
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Something Different - 11/14/20 09:07 PM
I've got to get me one of those wind controllers.

Lovely tune. Quite an enchanting sound that transitions into a majestic build with the french horns. The instrumentation is exquisitely layered.

You are enormously talented, Mario.
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Something Different - 11/16/20 01:31 AM
Hi Mario
Another lovely composition, much enjoyed.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: MarioD Re: Something Different - 11/16/20 09:55 PM
Thanx James, Mike, Misha, Torrey, Ezekiel's Storm, and Leon for taking the time to listen and comment on my little ditty.

Misha, I believe you are right in that orchestral drums would sound better. Thanx for the suggestion.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Something Different - 11/16/20 11:44 PM
Mario,

Really, really pretty stuff. I’m not quite sure what that is coming in at around 1:40, but it gives it a great lift. Very soothing. I’m not a fan of jazz—just not my cup of tea . . . so I’m really glad you went in this direction and I listened to it. Wonderful production on this!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Something Different - 11/17/20 12:18 AM
Nice music. I enjoyed the flute. The band was good too.
Posted By: rayc Re: Something Different - 11/17/20 07:21 AM
Mario,
very, very pleasant.
The melody held my interest throughout!
Posted By: vicarn Re: Something Different - 11/17/20 01:29 PM
This has a very pleasant Christmas day feel to me.
Very soothing. Clever stuff.

Vic
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Something Different - 11/17/20 08:56 PM
I agree that this reminds me of a Xmas movie. Very pretty, like snow and colored lights and excited kids. Beautiful!
Posted By: TexasFrets Re: Something Different - 11/19/20 04:12 AM
Super relaxing. Beautiful song. I'd be curious to hear this with orchestral drums too. The wind controller is so cool. Lovely flute. Which wind controller do you have?

Great job.

Cheers,
Todd
Posted By: Derochette Re: Something Different - 11/19/20 12:47 PM
Hello MarioD,

Relaxing composition where the flute expresses itself wonderfully. The line of horns is well done and the discreet but very present choirs reinforce the soft atmosphere. Well done.

Kindly regard

Dero13
aliasJaniJackFlash
Posted By: MarioD Re: Something Different - 11/19/20 06:44 PM
Thanx Deej56, jptjptjpt, Ray, Vic, Belladonna, Todd, and Dero13 for listening and those very wonderful comments.

Belladonna, I never pictured this a Christmas movie song until you mentioned it. Yes, I can see it now!

Todd, I have an Akai EWI-USB. It is just a MIDI controller, i.e. it has no sounds of its own, all the sounds are in my computer. The flute sound is from a Kontakt third party preset.
Posted By: TexasFrets Re: Something Different - 11/19/20 06:47 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Thanx Deej56, jptjptjpt, Ray, Vic, Belladonna, Todd, and Dero13 for listening and those very wonderful comments.

Belladonna, I never pictured this a Christmas movie song until you mentioned it. Yes, I can see it now!

Todd, I have an Akai EWI-USB. It is just a MIDI controller, i.e. it has no sounds of its own, all the sounds are in my computer. The flute sound is from a Kontakt third party preset.

That's really cool. I have Kontakt and would love to have breath control over the wind instruments. I'll definitely look into the Akai EWI-USB.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Something Different - 11/19/20 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: TexasFrets
Originally Posted By: MarioD

That's really cool. I have Kontakt and would love to have breath control over the wind instruments. I'll definitely look into the Akai EWI-USB.

That flute preset was Passion Flute:

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/products/passion-flute
Posted By: PeterF Re: Something Different - 11/19/20 07:53 PM
Mario

I agree with the reviews, lovely engaging piece (I'd also like to hear it with different drums).

Beautiful relaxing composition.

Peter
© PG Music Forums