PG Music Home
Posted By: TuneMonger Blues Again - 11/09/20 10:17 PM
I did this song in BIAB and sent it to a fiverr vocalist. He liked it and wanted to do an acoustic version. I said sure and I had to admit it was better. So that's the version I'm posting. Vocals and acoustic guitar are by Tom Bedlam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr8XrOmFL2U

I only worry if things get good, and I got me something to lose
Sure as the sun sits up high in the sky, I'll get some bad, bad news
Trouble seems to follow like a dog off its leash, nipping at the back of my heels
Soon as I get a few bucks in my hand, down comes a rain of bad deals
If you make your own luck as they say, then in this world I've made it to the bitter end
Cause here come them blues again, here come them blues again

I get a real good job for myself and a real good woman, too
Then a real good buddy of mine starts telling me what to do
Next thing, I'm out on the street again, whiskey on my shirt and pants,
Everything I own's on the street corner curb, the neighbors crawling through it like ants
They say to look at yourself and you'll learn what to do, but the mirror is my worst friend,
So here come them blues again, here come them blues again

I'll get another good break some day and have something decent to show
Right when things are riding high, and bad luck is rarin' to go
I'll take whatever I got at that point, my clothes and my good name
And walk to the edge of this miserable life, and go out on top of the game
If that sounds too harsh you ain't been there, and I hope you don't ever my friend
Cause here come them blues again, here come them blues again
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Blues Again - 11/10/20 12:24 AM
That was a well produced recording. I don't know if it cost you money but it seems it was worth it. Well played and song with some feeling. Great lyrics. Good work. I like it.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Blues Again - 11/10/20 06:03 AM
Hi TM.
The lyrics and the song is excellent . The fiverr production is flawless and perfect ,perhaps a little too perfect . Does the singer capture and convey the pain of the song? Methinks not quite enough to sell
the song message convincingly.
I would love to hear your original version .
"I'll take whatever I got at that point, my clothes and my good name". What a great line which celebrates triumph over adversity giving hope to us all.
Hope i am not out of line here but in my defense I am going to quote Hendrix : “Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel” .
Posted By: rayc Re: Blues Again - 11/10/20 08:08 AM
Very nice work.
The left guitar is a bit more present in the mix than the opposite side one.
The vocal is really good but it's not a blues voice - I suspect that's why he wanted to do an acoustic - less gritty - version of the song.
He's nota million miles from forum classic Deej in vocal style/tonality.
I think it's cool but I too would like to hear the OTHER version.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Blues Again - 11/10/20 11:10 AM
HelloTuneMonger,

Personally, I liked it. The lyrics well written and the voice puts the accents on the words that touch. The guitar solo is excellent. Well done.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Blues Again - 11/10/20 12:39 PM
You are definitely the lyric master, TuneMonger. I'd also like to hear the OTHER version. This one is good, but the song is better. I like Tom's voice for this, but I miss the drums and bass driving him through it. It could still have his acoustic, including solo. On the other hand, this version is catchy and uncluttered.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Blues Again - 11/10/20 12:42 PM

I have to disagree with Ray on this, I really like the vocal and think it fits the song. I also like the acoustic approach.

Nice solo, is that BIAB? EDIT: Never mind, I just read the song description again wink

You are obviously getting your head around working with the new DAW too!

Nice one, enjoyed.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Blues Again - 11/10/20 04:32 PM
Tunemonger,
Exellent tune + production!
I agree in part with Ray, but I also agree with Dave. It is not your "classical" blues voice, but I think it works exceptionally well with this song. Minimalistic background shifts focus on lyrics and vocals which is exactly how it feels it should sound...intimate. I like what Tom did with your tune.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Blues Again - 11/10/20 06:12 PM
The star of this show is the write. Tremendous.

It's packed full of cool lines including the first one
that grabbed us from the get go.

We just kicked back and listened - while not thinking about parsing it all out.

Janice mentioned that the vocalist's voice (not the song) reminded her a bit of Keith Urban -- a good thing. He has plenty of soul in our book.

And the result was an enjoyable listen all the way around. BTW If all blues voices had to be full of grit then J&B would be outa the blues business smile

Nice!

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Blues Again - 11/11/20 02:38 PM
TM,

A good Blues write. Filled with misery - definition of the Blues.

The performance sells the song. Enjoyed it.

fj
Posted By: PeterF Re: Blues Again - 11/11/20 06:39 PM
Nice write and well produced.

A good performance and well played.

A strong song.

Peter
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Blues Again - 11/13/20 02:51 AM
TuneMonger,

Very, very hot. Killer acoustic play and hot vocal (though I wouldn’t mind that vocal coming up a bit more forward in the mix). Excellent, excellent write. Love everything about this.

My humble regards,

Deej
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Blues Again - 11/13/20 08:28 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
TM,

A good Blues write. Filled with misery - definition of the Blues.

The performance sells the song. Enjoyed it.

fj

Yes, very well written, and the singer really delivered!!! A classy, tasty production!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Scott C Re: Blues Again - 11/14/20 12:02 AM
Excellent blues tune. Guitar panning was very effective. Vocalist was excellent. Loved the hint of vibrato he had in his voice.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Blues Again - 11/14/20 07:29 PM
Great song TuneMonger! The artist did a very fine job with this but I still could hear this rocking out with a full band... maybe Dave, Marty and yourself and a BIAB realtrack artist or two. But hey, that's just me! Nice work! Take care, T
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Blues Again - 11/15/20 12:12 PM
TuneMonger, this is awesome. Love the write very much. Tom may not have the bluesiest voice around but he phrases very well and I sure like to listen to him a lot.

I think this is really excellent.

All the best,

Stefan
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Blues Again - 11/18/20 05:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for their helpful and positive comments. You've given me a lot to think about concerning a new version, and I may very well do that at some point in the future. For now, two very dark songs in a row have me leaning toward writing some much lighter material.

Thanks again, all!
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Blues Again - 11/18/20 10:54 PM
Fiverr vocalists are quite an interesting concept. I never actually knew about fiverr before someone posted up a youtube video about someone creating a song solely with fiverr musicians. It certainly sent me down a rabbit hole. It looks like you had some great success with the vocals taking this route. You did an awesome job with the arrangement too! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: TexasFrets Re: Blues Again - 11/19/20 03:23 AM
Awesome song. I had never heard about Fiverr until I read your post. That's really cool. Love the song. I haven't heard the other version that folks mentioned. I'll look for it for sure. Very catchy tune. Excellent lines throughout.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Blues Again - 11/19/20 09:08 PM
All I can say is Wow! You wrote a great song and this guy is selling! Love his guitar playing. Superb lyric writing.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Blues Again - 11/20/20 12:22 AM
Great lyrics well performed.

About the mix:
I felt the guitar was a little too present over the vocals.
The vocalist sounds good but was a little cold on the Blues feel in the early verses then grew into the vibe as it progressed.

moto
© PG Music Forums