PG Music Home
Hello biab members,
I put down a composition mainly based on rhythm guitar. After completing the chord chart on biab, I decided to use a musiclab vst, realguitar in which I chose a rhythm among the many that are offered. I added other vst including strings from albion, a freya choir and bell (trolls) from Sonokinetic. The base and the drums on two realtracks, I took the midi files and inserted the bass and drums from the "mor" soundbank from eastwest.
If you have the time or the inclination, it would be nice to have your constructive advice to improve this folk rock soundtrack.

I put the link to listen to this soundtrack.
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631/tribute-to-my-best-friend-my-guitar

I also attach the link for my other soundtracks deposited on soundcloud :
https://soundcloud.com/user-318966631

Modified composition - new version on soundcloud 11-22-2020
Hello,
I reviewed this soundtrack based on your comments. The too cheap choirs have been replaced by French horns. The drum bass has been reduced. The bass has been slightly increased as well as the drums. Thanks again to all of you

Thanks in advance.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Tribute to my best friend, my guitar - 11/19/20 12:01 PM
Dero,

Well done. I enjoyed the listen.

The acoustic guitars sound great - loud and clear.

Everything sound good, actually. Excellent mix.

fj
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tribute to my best friend, my guitar - 11/19/20 04:18 PM
Hello Floyd Jane,

I thank you for your listening and your comment. I wanted to show here that with an external vst, we could manage to play the guitar in struming and fingering, but this can only be done on three or four string chords. It would be interesting for Biab to allow us to put whole chords on a beat so that we can easily use external vsts. For this composition, I had to import a midi file with predefined three and four string chords on the four beats to be able to operate my vst musiclab. Since this one cuts it into sliders according to the chosen rhythm. Now maybe Biab can do it but I don't know how.

Thank you again

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: MarioD Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/19/20 06:49 PM
This is real super high quality recording of an acoustic guitar, excellent job on that.

Your backing tracks fit like a glove and highlight your guitar perfectly. Your mix is outstanding. Of course your guitar skills are second to none.

I thoroughly enjoyed this.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/19/20 10:28 PM
That's good stuff!
I can't offer much constructive advise accept to suggest some variation would likely make it more interesting.

moto
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/20/20 12:23 AM
Lovely. It has an epic Celtic type vibe to me. A very big sound. Good job.
Posted By: rayc Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/20/20 04:45 AM
That's pretty cool...impressive Midi guitar.
The only thing out of place is the kick drum.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/20/20 06:16 AM
Hello MarioD,

I thank you for your appreciation. I remember that this is a realguitar vst from musiclab. It can be uploaded as a demo. It works on non-slice chords, that's why Biab should allow us to put them on the chord grid to fully use the potential of the vsts used. Thanks again for your comment.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/20/20 06:23 AM
Hello CaptainMoto,

I have thought a lot about the variations. I realized that too many variations often prevent us from retaining the main melody and this is a criticism that has often been made to me. It is for this reason that I limit them on purpose. In addition, on full chords, it is more difficult to achieve them except with an additional instrument such as a piano. But I thank you for your suggestion.

Kindly regard

Dero13,
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/20/20 06:26 AM
Hello jptjptjpt,

I thank you for your nice comment.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/20/20 06:29 AM
Hello RayC,

Thank you for giving me your impressions. I will reflect on your remark on the bass drum.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/20/20 11:38 AM
What a fun approach to this project, and what a fine tribute, Dero. You do excellent and creative work.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/20/20 02:31 PM
This song sounded so good on my monitor So clear and balanced. Top level production. I am a fan...
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/21/20 10:48 AM
Hello BabuMusic,
Hello Scott C,

Thank you for stopping by my page and for your nice comment.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: tommyad Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/21/20 12:42 PM
That was a very enjoyable listen. The guitars sound great and a terrific mix, Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/21/20 06:41 PM
The guitars and the mix are superb.

The composition has a lovely cinematic feel.

It would fit nicely in many films.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/21/20 07:04 PM
Nicely done and a very effective use of a midi guitar.

Peter
Posted By: Derochette Re: Tribute to a guitar - 11/22/20 11:28 AM
Hello Tommyad,

Thank you for your nice comment.

Hello Janice and Bud,

You are always so nice in your positive comments and I thank you for leaving your marks and for putting a like on soundcloud. Thanks again to both of you.

Hello PeterF,
Musiclab is easy to use and offers different types of guitars from classic to electric and lets our creativity run wild. Thank you for your comment.

Again a big thank you to you and be careful take care of yourself.

Kindly regard

Dero13
alias JaniJackFlash
© PG Music Forums