Guitar solo

When the flood comes, to carry me away
I won't try swimm'm, I'll be roll'n in he waves
With the torrent raging, I'll be your castaway....oh yea
Lost my senses when you you couldn't stay...Oh no

Posted By: floyd jane Re: Feel No Rain - 11/28/20 06:03 PM
moto,

A good listen.
A little Santana-ish mixed with a little Neil Young-ish.
A cool sound.

fj
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Feel No Rain - 11/28/20 08:14 PM
This is reminiscent of the doors.
Good vocals and guitar work.
Rob
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/28/20 09:47 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
moto,

A good listen.
A little Santana-ish mixed with a little Neil Young-ish.
A cool sound.

fj

Santana & Neal Young.........that's a good one.

I can relate to the Santana vibe, but never connected to Neil Young.
Funny though, I received another comparison to N Y, weird, thanks for listening and your comments.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/28/20 09:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
This is reminiscent of the doors.
Good vocals and guitar work.
Rob

OH MY.....
The DOORS, Wow!

thanks for listening and your comments.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Feel No Rain - 11/28/20 11:26 PM
Captain,
Cool vintage groove. Jim jamming with Carlos? smile
Strong vocal drive and arrangement. Got proper dusty feel to it. If you care, I think the only weakest spot to my ears are drums. They sound a bit midi'ish. Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/28/20 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Captain,
Cool vintage groove. Jim jamming with Carlos? smile
Strong vocal drive and arrangement. Got proper dusty feel to it. If you care, I think the only weakest spot to my ears are drums. They sound a bit midi'ish. Enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thanks Misha,
I'll be filing an official complaint with PG Music to get their drums fixed.

Just kidding, thanks for the feedback.

moto
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Feel No Rain - 11/29/20 01:11 PM

Moto,

Great song here man. I agree with Floyd, I hear a little Santana in here.

Great mix and sound.
Posted By: rayc Re: Feel No Rain - 11/29/20 09:49 PM
The rhythm guitar reminds me of Normie Rowe and the Playboys version of It Ain't Necessarily So from 65 though it could point to someone catching a lift on a tempest in 71.
Regardless of similarities it's a cracking tune.
Well done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvOQzxVyPMk&ab_channel=sallie6
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/29/20 10:16 PM
Thanks rayc,
That's a pretty obscure reference but, you've got a good ear, I hear it!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/29/20 10:17 PM
Thank you David,
Anything I do that can be compared to Santana has got to be good!
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Feel No Rain - 11/29/20 10:39 PM
Very nice, Captain. I see comparisons are being made. I'm also hearing a hint of the Doors.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 12:04 AM
CaptainMoto,

This has a Santana vibe to it, with a Neil Youngish vocal—to me at least. Like the write a lot and the production is very solid. I’m wondering whether the lead guitar needs to come more forward on the solo—see what others think . . . it may be fine just as is. Nicely done!

All my best,

Deej

P.S. I always try to write my comments before looking at others and scroll down afterwards. Just saw Floyd’s comments come up first—Santana & Young!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 12:40 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
CaptainMoto,

This has a Santana vibe to it, with a Neil Youngish vocal—to me at least. Like the write a lot and the production is very solid. I’m wondering whether the lead guitar needs to come more forward on the solo—see what others think . . . it may be fine just as is. Nicely done!

All my best,

Deej

P.S. I always try to write my comments before looking at others and scroll down afterwards. Just saw Floyd’s comments come up first—Santana & Young!

Thanks for listening Deej,

Your comments are always appreciated.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 01:41 PM
Hi Cap,

listened to this before I had read the other comments, and the first thing I thought was: Santana feel, Ventures guitar sound and Jim Morrison is singing. Most of all the latter is amazing - ever considered you might be the one every Doors tribute band has always been looking for?

Seriously, a truely great tune, LOVE your vocal and the production sounds excellent.

Really very well-done, yessiree, Cap.

Stay well and take care

Stefan
Posted By: tommyad Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 02:07 PM
You’ve got a great overall sound here. Kinda a spookiness to it. The vocal is really well done. Good mix too. I enjoyed it a lot,Tom
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Cap,

listened to this before I had read the other comments, and the first thing I thought was: Santana feel, Ventures guitar sound and Jim Morrison is singing. Most of all the latter is amazing - ever considered you might be the one every Doors tribute band has always been looking for?

Seriously, a truely great tune, LOVE your vocal and the production sounds excellent.

Really very well-done, yessiree, Cap.

Stay well and take care

Stefan

Wow!
Pretty glowing review.........THANK YOU!
I get the Santana vibe but, me sounding like Morisson, that's a new one.
Glad you enjoyed it.

moto
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 03:22 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
You’ve got a great overall sound here. Kinda a spookiness to it. The vocal is really well done. Good mix too. I enjoyed it a lot,Tom

Thanks Tom

moto
Posted By: musician17 Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 05:17 PM
A really, really excellent track. I've heard Santana play, I've never heard Neil Young sing - so I can't help with those comparisons ... but it sounds unique to my ears, a unique combination of sounds - so well put together. It works so well - bravo!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 10:00 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
A really, really excellent track. I've heard Santana play, I've never heard Neil Young sing - so I can't help with those comparisons ... but it sounds unique to my ears, a unique combination of sounds - so well put together. It works so well - bravo!

Thanks you for listening and adding your comments.
I guess unique is good.

moto
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Feel No Rain - 11/30/20 11:39 PM
Very hypnotic, bit of Peter Green, nice package all the way around.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Feel No Rain - 12/01/20 04:41 PM
Janice summed it up with, "I thoroughly enjoyed it!"

That from her and I agree means, for us, no inclination
to parse things out. Just kick back and enjoy another spin.

Nice production all the way around and your vocal and
guitar performances are excellent.

Conga loop?

J&B
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Feel No Rain - 12/02/20 12:22 AM
Cool dark vibe. Outstanding electric guitar work. Lyrics and vocals are right on. Band keeps it all moving forward nicely.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 12/02/20 02:04 PM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Cool dark vibe. Outstanding electric guitar work. Lyrics and vocals are right on. Band keeps it all moving forward nicely.

Thanks you.

moto
Posted By: Derochette Re: Feel No Rain - 12/02/20 06:12 PM
Hello CaptainMoto,

Very sober composition with deep lyrics. Your less prominent voice reinforces the words you say. The lead guitar lends itself well to the relaxed atmosphere. Pleasant composition.

Kindly regard

Derochette
Alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Feel No Rain - 12/02/20 08:41 PM
I can hear the Doors references the others have mentioned. Great composition. Man, that guitar is something else!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 12/02/20 09:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hello CaptainMoto,

Very sober composition with deep lyrics. Your less prominent voice reinforces the words you say. The lead guitar lends itself well to the relaxed atmosphere. Pleasant composition.

Kindly regard

Derochette
Alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks,
I appreciate you comments.

moto
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 12/02/20 09:38 PM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
I can hear the Doors references the others have mentioned. Great composition. Man, that guitar is something else!

Thank you sir,
I better go back and revisit what I did on guitar, maybe I can use it again.

moto
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Feel No Rain - 12/03/20 09:40 PM
Another very cool tune Cap'n!! I can get the Santana and Doors vibes referred to by others.....has that Light My Fire kind of vibe. VERY well done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 12/04/20 01:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Another very cool tune Cap'n!! I can get the Santana and Doors vibes referred to by others.....has that Light My Fire kind of vibe. VERY well done!! Take care. Greg

Thanks for listening and sharing a comment Greg.

Stay safe,

moto
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Feel No Rain - 12/04/20 01:47 PM
This is one fine blues tune. In fact, the whole album is coming along so well. What a great feel, Captain. It's a slow-motion walk with head slowly swinging back and forth as if waiting for the reaper.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Feel No Rain - 12/04/20 01:48 PM
Sounds like something that could have been on a Doors album, sort of a Riders on the Storm kind of groove.

I dig your vocal, nice playing too.

Good song Captain, enjoyed!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 12/06/20 06:29 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
This is one fine blues tune. In fact, the whole album is coming along so well. What a great feel, Captain. It's a slow-motion walk with head slowly swinging back and forth as if waiting for the reaper.

"Waiting for the reaper"
Good song title

thanks

moto
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Feel No Rain - 12/06/20 09:44 PM
Thank you for sharing this very good song. I like the sound of your lead guitar... reminds me of Santana.

Well done!
Will
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 12/06/20 10:10 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Sounds like something that could have been on a Doors album, sort of a Riders on the Storm kind of groove.

I dig your vocal, nice playing too.

Good song Captain, enjoyed!

Thanks Dave,
You've placed me up against a pretty high standard.
I got some work to do.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Feel No Rain - 12/07/20 09:58 AM
Hi Captain,

I see I am a bit late with my comment on your song, but here is my comment.
Almost everyone compared your song with Santana, Doors and some others, but I noticed the Doors have the upperhand.
Well, it is certainly not the BeeGees, but it doesn't matter where you can compare it with, it is your song and I liked it. I like that simple chordprogression and that relaxed voice of yours. It reminded me of my own time playing these kind of chords)on my guitar for hours. Well... not that long, but it felt good doing it, but I didn't dare doing that on stage. Now I regret that...

So, I enjoyed this song and performance very much, captain!

Hans
BTW: I think it's a mix of the Doors (vocals) and Santana...
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 12/07/20 01:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Thank you for sharing this very good song. I like the sound of your lead guitar... reminds me of Santana.

Well done!
Will

Thanks Will,
I appreciate your comments.

moto
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 12/07/20 01:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Captain,

I see I am a bit late with my comment on your song, but here is my comment.
Almost everyone compared your song with Santana, Doors and some others, but I noticed the Doors have the upperhand.
Well, it is certainly not the BeeGees, but it doesn't matter where you can compare it with, it is your song and I liked it. I like that simple chordprogression and that relaxed voice of yours. It reminded me of my own time playing these kind of chords)on my guitar for hours. Well... not that long, but it felt good doing it, but I didn't dare doing that on stage. Now I regret that...

So, I enjoyed this song and performance very much, captain!

Hans
BTW: I think it's a mix of the Doors (vocals) and Santana...

Thanks for the in depth comparison.
I'm kind of a simple guy.
Most of my songs are bluezy or blues based so, I tend to keep the progressions rather simple.
I really enjoy listening to the old blues masters like Muddy Waters, he could make a few chords sound like magic.

moto
Posted By: Marty Ricciotti Re: Feel No Rain - 01/28/21 01:49 PM
Hi Captain Moto!
Sometime back I must have checked out your music on Spotify and started following you.
Every Friday Spotify publishes a Release Radar and it has a nice selection of new music that they think that I would enjoy.

I often listen to this playlist while I am at work.
I have the volume turned down real low.....Just enough for some company.

So yesterday I had the playlist on and as I'm working I thought.."Hey that sounds like the BB count-in side stick".

and I checked and your track FELL NO RAIN was playing!
Ha! my ears are tuned to the BB sound!

BTW I also really like your song. The opening chords made me think of Carol King's "To Late Baby"
Posted By: MarioD Re: Feel No Rain - 01/28/21 02:00 PM
I really liked this! I also got a Doors vibe from this. Great vocal and mix but that guitar took it over the top for me.

Excellent work!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Feel No Rain - 01/28/21 03:13 PM
I like it. I caught a very distinct turtles vibe. The chords reminded me immediately of their song You Showed Me..... And what a gnarly fuzz psychedelic sounding guitar.

Thumbs up for this one
Posted By: dcuny Re: Feel No Rain - 01/29/21 01:43 AM
Enjoyed the listen! smile
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Feel No Rain - 01/29/21 01:55 AM
hey Captain Moto,

since everybody is comparing this to other musical references, I'll add mine to the mix. Right from the start it reminded me of Linda Ronstadt's "YOU"RE NO GOOD". But I also hear the Doors influence. The use of hand drums are what make me think of Santana.

You may not be a fan of Neil Young, but I think that comparison comes from similarities in your vocals. Not an absolute similarity but similar if frequency range. Or not. I'm just makin' this $#!+ up, so don't overthink any of it.

But at the end of the song, regardless of what we all have to say about it, the true test of a song is its "listenability". Speaking for myself, I can say I listened to it multiple times and enjoyed each listen. Mission accomplished!

(Is it rude to ask if you're related to Quasi?)
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Feel No Rain - 01/29/21 11:17 AM
Captain, this is really nice! Somewhere between The Doors and Carole King and that's a good place to be! Great job! T
Posted By: PeterF Re: Feel No Rain - 01/29/21 10:34 PM
Nicely done and a nice guitar tone to match the song, very 60ish.

Good work all round and I've got Peter Green singing, meets the Doors, and a bit of Carlos playing.

Peter
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 01/30/21 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Marty Ricciotti
Hi Captain Moto!
Sometime back I must have checked out your music on Spotify and started following you.
Every Friday Spotify publishes a Release Radar and it has a nice selection of new music that they think that I would enjoy.

I often listen to this playlist while I am at work.
I have the volume turned down real low.....Just enough for some company.

So yesterday I had the playlist on and as I'm working I thought.."Hey that sounds like the BB count-in side stick".

and I checked and your track FELL NO RAIN was playing!
Ha! my ears are tuned to the BB sound!

BTW I also really like your song. The opening chords made me think of Carol King's "To Late Baby"

Thanks so much for that commentary.
Pretty cool that Spotify is pushing my song smile

Your comment about the count in struck me though, there is no count in on that, although there is a distinct drum beat moving it along.

It's nice to hear that somebody like to listen to my music, that's the idea aint it!

moto
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 01/30/21 04:02 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I really liked this! I also got a Doors vibe from this. Great vocal and mix but that guitar took it over the top for me.

Excellent work!

Thanks for listening Mario.

Moto
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Feel No Rain - 01/30/21 04:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I like it. I caught a very distinct turtles vibe. The chords reminded me immediately of their song You Showed Me..... And what a gnarly fuzz psychedelic sounding guitar.

Thumbs up for this one

Thanks, I'll take any comparison to good music I can get.

moto

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Enjoyed the listen! smile

Thank you

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
hey Captain Moto,

since everybody is comparing this to other musical references, I'll add mine to the mix. Right from the start it reminded me of Linda Ronstadt's "YOU"RE NO GOOD". But I also hear the Doors influence. The use of hand drums are what make me think of Santana.

You may not be a fan of Neil Young, but I think that comparison comes from similarities in your vocals. Not an absolute similarity but similar if frequency range. Or not. I'm just makin' this $#!+ up, so don't overthink any of it.

But at the end of the song, regardless of what we all have to say about it, the true test of a song is its "listenability". Speaking for myself, I can say I listened to it multiple times and enjoyed each listen. Mission accomplished!

(Is it rude to ask if you're related to Quasi?)

Thanks you for being a repeat listener.
That give me a sense of accomplishment.
Quasi? had to look tat up.........nope!

thanks,
moto

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Captain, this is really nice! Somewhere between The Doors and Carole King and that's a good place to be! Great job! T

Thanks you

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Nicely done and a nice guitar tone to match the song, very 60ish.

Good work all round and I've got Peter Green singing, meets the Doors, and a bit of Carlos playing.

Peter

Thanks for listening and your kind comments.

moto
© PG Music Forums