PG Music Home
Posted By: camog "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 11/28/20 05:45 AM
Original Tune - I played piano, ac guitar chords, nylon guitar, bass and strings on the keys!
Drums in BB 2020 Mac.

https://soundcloud.com/user-851029178/hymn-instrumental

Carl
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 11/29/20 09:35 PM
Lovely song. Love the sound of the nylon guitar strings. Well done
Posted By: camog Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 11/30/20 04:20 AM
Thanks so much Scott - really pleased you like my "Hymn" tune!!
Many thanks for listening!

Best regards, Carl
Hello Camog,

It is a superb very intimate composition. It's really pretty. I appreciated. Well done.

Kindly regards

Derochette
Alias JaniJackFlash
Lovely melody. Possibly the best recording of nylon guitar I've heard on this forum to date. Mind sharing how it's done?
Posted By: camog Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 11/30/20 10:02 AM
Hi Derochette, thanks very much indeed for your nice comments - I'm really pleased you like my tune!!

Many thanks for listening!!

Best regards, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 11/30/20 10:29 AM
Hi Ghostgum, thanks a lot for your nice comment - very glad you like my tune and recording!!

I'm in a tiny bedroom - the guitar is a Takamine Hirade TH-90 which I've had for years, a mixture of Aquila strings (1-2-3) and D'Addario EJ45C Silver Covered (4-5-6), I'm using a Microtech Gefell M300 small condenser mic pointing towards the neck around frets 11-12ish to avoid the boomy lows from the guitar's sound hole. The mic goes into a Golden Age Pre-73 DLX preamp and a Golden Age Comp-54 compressor - from those the signal goes to my MOTU 828ES soundcard and into Logic Pro X on an i9 iMac.
In Logic I roll off a lot of the low end and a little bit of the mids on the nylon guitar using Fabfilter Pro Q2 EQ - via 2 separate Aux channels I mix in a bit of Liquidsonics "Cinematic Rooms Prof" and "Seventh Heaven Pro", Mastering is with IK T-Racks MAX Suite always rolling off everything below 100 Hz to kill the worst mud & rumble!

Hope that helps - best regards, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 11/30/20 11:21 AM
Ghostgum - if you're interested I've just put another nylon guitar tune on Soundcloud called "Love Lost", done this morning!

Sorry I can't put a link here on the forum as Love Lost does not have any BB on it - look up Carl Mogensen on Soundcloud!!

Best, C
Beautiful playing.
Nicely put together.
BIAB is an amazing thing but, nothing beats playing your own instruments.

Enjoyed it!

moto
Hi Carl,

this is awesome ! Love everything about it: Such a beautiful melody, so tastefullly played. And the sound is perfect. Really enjoyed the listen a lot!

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: camog Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 11/30/20 02:24 PM
Hi Moto - I very much appreciate you taking the time to listen and to comment, thanks so much!!
Really glad you like my Hymn!!

Best regards, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 11/30/20 02:27 PM
Hi Stefan, thanks so much for listening and for your nice comments - really glad you enjoyed my Hymn!!

Very best wishes, Carl
I Figured such superb sounds wouldn't come cheap. Nice gear. I liked Love Lost too. I look forward to hearing more!
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 12/01/20 05:43 AM
Wow! Great recording. Good work well done.
Rob
Posted By: camog Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 12/01/20 08:01 AM
I very much appreciate your nice comments on my sound Ghostgum - if you look at websites like Gearslutz.com I think you'll find that my setup (as home studios go) is quite modest, I have acquired over a long period of time enough good quality gear to produce the best sound I can! You can of course spend countless thousands on equipment and still get a poor sound - but after all it's really the music that counts, eh!

Thanks again for listening - and to "Love Lost" as well!

All the best there in AUS, Carl
Posted By: camog Re: "Hymn" - Nylon Guitar/Piano Instrumental - 12/01/20 08:02 AM
Hi Rob, thanks a lot for taking a listen - glad you enjoyed my "Hymn"!!

Best regards, Carl
© PG Music Forums