PG Music Home
Posted By: JoanneCooper Christmas Love - 11/29/20 08:48 AM
Hello friends

Sorry I have been so scarce. In May this year I was offered a full-time job and it is HECTIC! It is a fintech startup run by three young guys, full of go and ambition. It is good to see how it is done, though, and how success can be achieved through hard work, grit, and perseverance.

I am sure I am one of the few people who had the blessing of being offered full-time employment during this tough time and I am most grateful but my free time has been seriously curtailed and most of it has been spent maintaining my YouTube following.

Anyway, Liz Petty sent me these beautiful lyrics a few days ago and I finally got to writing the music and putting them down.

The Style is JJSHUFL.STY (Laid Back Country Shuffle w/ Aco). I didn't do much to the Band-in-a-Box bed except add a 12 string guitar, a bit of EQ, and some volume envelopes.

RealTracks in style: ~539:Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 120
RealTracks in style: 2124:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryShuffleJohn Sw 120
RealTracks in style: ~372:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 120
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleBrushesClassicShuffle: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes,
RT3219:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Rhythm CampfireSwing Sw 1

Lyrics:

CChristmas Love

V1
we’re not traveling
away from home
we’ll be gathering
around our phones
we’re not going to
holiday shows
we’ll be watching them
remote alone

C
it’s not the same
this Christmas
it’s not the same
as Christmas past
it’s not the same
this Christmas
but Christmas love
is in our grasp

V1
we’re not shopping at
those crowded malls
we’re not eating out
in dining halls
we’re not dancing at
big Christmas balls
we’re staying inside
our own four walls

C
it’s not the same
this Christmas
it’s not the same
as Christmas past
it’s not the same
this Christmas
but Christmas love
is in our grasp

B
all across the world we know
changes are keeping people close to home
giving us more time to think and reflect
on what we took for granted
and on love..
love we can’t forget

C
it’s not the same
this Christmas
it’s not the same
as Christmas past
it’s not the same
this Christmas
but Christmas love
is in our grasp
Posted By: rayc Re: Christmas Love - 11/29/20 09:53 PM
I nice take on the changes needed and how they can, comfortably, accommodate culture, tradition and help reflect on what they mean.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Christmas Love - 11/30/20 12:01 AM
Joanne,

Great vocal as usual, with some really cool harmonies. A contemporary twist on a Christmas song, capturing the downside of our current environment in a way that still gives us some hope that love, family and friends can overcome and have a great holiday nonetheless. Good stuff!

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: furry Re: Christmas Love - 11/30/20 02:24 AM
Very lovely song Joanne, always loved your songs and this one is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Christmas Love - 11/30/20 01:12 PM
Hats off to you and Liz,
Beautiful vocals.
Timely lyrics.
Nice job on pulling it all together.

moto
Posted By: tommyad Re: Christmas Love - 11/30/20 02:34 PM
Joanne, nice modern take on a pandemic holiday song. I liked the unexpected chord A and then the minor. Well done. Good lyrics,vocals, arrangement and production. Happy Holidays to to you and yours. Stay safe, Tom
Posted By: musician17 Re: Christmas Love - 11/30/20 05:12 PM
I enjoyed this one! You have a clear voice which carries and communicates. The song is beautiful, with a sparkle of innocence (at least to my ears). The message fits the time we are now facing, of course - and is, in its own way, inspirational. A great listen!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Christmas Love - 11/30/20 11:44 PM
Missed hearing your beautiful, beautiful voice. Nice message in a seasonal song. Enjoyed.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Christmas Love - 12/01/20 09:04 PM
Lovely vocal! Upbeat and uplifting song. Enjoyed it much.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Christmas Love - 12/03/20 09:12 PM
Pretty song Joanne!! First Xmas song I've seen on the forum this year. Really pretty melody and you sang it wonderfully......harmonies are tight and sweet! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums