PG Music Home
Let's Try Some Blues
Let's Try Some Blues on Babu Music YouTube

A song, as Dave says, that tells of The Blues being the singer's salvation. Dave Bell did the mixing and mastering and added a sweet guitar to bring the whole project to a much higher level. I played bass and sang (and made a cover pic). Please let us know of anything we can do to make it better. Thanks!!

Style is _TBLZSLS.STY (Texas Blues 12/8)

RealTracks in style: 1923:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Brent Sw 060
RealTracks in style: 1924:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Sol Sw 060
RealTracks in song: ** N/A ** 675:Organ, B3, Background Blues Monday Sw 065
Dave also added an EZDrummer track.

Let's Try Some Blues

It's a cold and lonely night, and nothing's going right.
I can still hear the slammin' of the door.
No matter what I do my mind cries out for you.
So why can't it be just like before?
There's nothin' I have tried that keeps you by my side.
I've nothin' left so N

The blues has been that friend I'll count on till the end.
When all else fails she never fails to please.
I come on home alone with no time for the phone,
but the blues will bring me swooning to my knees.
When things go wrong all day, I crawl on home to say,
"I need good news so N."

BR: All it takes is nights alone home cryin'
while listening to all those lonesome blues
to bring out the fact that I'm not dying.
So who cares what else I have to lose? SOLO

I wake up now each day, and let the blue mood stay.
It gets me through chaotic don'ts and dos.
It sits inside my soul right next to rock and roll,
and keeps me right in spite of all I lose.
My smile now spreads good cheer when music's in my ear.
So now I say N

END: If I see you on the street just staring at your feel,
if you're swaying without sufficient booze,
I'll bring you to my room to wipe away the gloom by saying N
Marty & Dave

Very engaging listen. Enjoyed the vocal and lyric - (a bit hard at times to hear the word "blues" at the end of the lines).

Bass was excellent, Dave's Strat sounded great and as ever tasteful, and that cover image is great.

Pro quality all round.

Peter
Don't change noth'n.

Nice job!

Very creative picture.

moto
Real blues. 'The singer's salvation' - and most definitely the guitar player's as well!

After this track 'For You' came on and blew me away. Great stuff.
I'm not really a blues guy but this was really well done. Sounds great !!
Hi Marty & Dave ...

Really cool song and executed so sweetly! I agree with the Cap'n ... don't change a thing! There's nothing to pick apart ... it all flows so nicely! Thanks for a terrific listen. Be safe ...

Alan
Hi Marty & Dave ...

Really cool song and executed so sweetly! I agree with the Cap'n ... don't change a thing! There's nothing to pick apart ... it all flows so nicely! Thanks for a terrific listen. Be safe ...

Alan
Love this.
Your vocals are very engaging , drawing me in to the story that you are telling. Very nice guitar licks and overall great production and entertaining listen ........but geeze Marty , that pic is a bit freaky!:)
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty & Dave

(a bit hard at times to hear the word "blues" at the end of the lines).

Peter

Thanks, Peter. Ever since Rayc pointed out my lisping Ss, I've been over-conscious about the sibilance. He gets the credit for making me better; I get the blame for over doing it. haha.

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto

Very creative picture.

moto

Thanks, Moto! That pic was taken in Ryholite, a ghost town in Nevada near Death Valley. The statue is from a group of artwork made there in 1984 by Albert Szukalski from Belgium. He got a bunch of locals to hold their pose with plaster-of-paris soaked burlap until dry in the hot desert. Crazy.

Originally Posted By: Chris Dent
Real blues. 'The singer's salvation' - and most definitely the guitar player's as well!

Thanks, Chris. Yeah, I love that tune.
Hi Marty,

You are becoming a real concurrent of Chris. Isn't she worried now? Or Dave?
This is a real nice performance of how Blues has to sound! Although I agree (a bit) with Peter.
But you managed to get rid of all the sibilance, so the only thing you have to do is get away from the mike when using the word 'blues'.
I hope Alan and the Captain won't be too mad at me and still try to listen to my songs as well (you are allowed to complain on everything on my songs...).

And Marty, I have one more thing to say something when I heard you singing: it always looks/sounds as if you have so much pleasure in singing and I really like that. It is something joyful in your voice I hear all the time. even if you sing about "but the blues will bring me swooning to my knees. When things go wrong all day, I crawl on home to say, I need good news so N."!

So I enjoyed this song very much,
Hans
Marty & Dave,

Blues. Done right. Of course.

Love the Bass! Love the guitar! And that gravel-y vocal!

Excellent mix. Excellent listen.

fj
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Marty & Dave

Very engaging listen. Enjoyed the vocal and lyric - (a bit hard at times to hear the word "blues" at the end of the lines).

Bass was excellent, Dave's Strat sounded great and as ever tasteful, and that cover image is great.

Pro quality all round.

Peter

Thanks for mentioning the guitar, Peter, and for pointing out that the word "blues" was too quiet. I totally missed that. I think I have it a bit better now wink
Great vocal, great guitar, great bass. As expected you two are as blue as it gets. This is a real solid song with fine performances and it is a pleasure to listen to,Tom
This is very cool.
tasty guitar licks, solid hop skip bass lines and shuffling drums really underpin this well.
There's some "crack" at the beginning of some words where you either overloaded the mic or, more likely, it's the compressor & reverb/delay attacking too hard.
Never mind my blathering...this is cool.
Hi Marty & Dave,

ha, you got me again ! Brilliant blues with great vocal and wonderful guitar playing, Dave (the axe sounds marvellous)and a very nice bass job, Marty.

A flawless production - love it!

All the best,

Stefan
Loved the blues Marty and you play and sing them so darn good !!!!. Bass lines were very cool.. Loved this tune. Daves guitar was just perfect for the song. Loved the way he dialed in super a clean tone then brought out some nasty when he leaned into the pick. Well done
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Great vocal, great guitar, great bass. As expected you two are as blue as it gets. This is a real solid song with fine performances and it is a pleasure to listen to,Tom

Exactly!!! This is some sweet blues you can just lose yourself in!!! EVERYTHING done just right!!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Chris Dent

Thanks, Chris!

BTW, I just remixed "For You" a couple of days ago, mostly changes to the intro.
A blues song about the genre itself ... can't get much better than that!

At the risk of redundancy you two are always, as Gregg Allman has said, "hittin' the note."

And that covers the spectrum. The fine vocal, guitar and bass performances are packaged in
an excellent mix.

Your photos are outstanding. The cypress tree shots really brought it all home to us two
southerners smile The lighting on that distant light house shot is as good as it gets.

We often walk into the living room and tell Siri to play some blues on the HomePod -- we'd ask her to "try some blues" but we have to say it that way. smile

Most enjoyable!

J&B

Marty and Dave,

Yeah, that’s some sweet stuff!. Nice production work throughout. While I love Dave’s guitar work and your bass work as well, the vocal really makes it for me. Very engaging. Well done, boys!

My best to you both,

Deej
A stellar blues, gents! I especially liked the intro but the whole thing was terrific. Great write: a tribute to the genre.
Originally Posted By: Henry Clarke
I'm not really a blues guy but this was really well done. Sounds great !!

Haha. Thank you very much. I wouldn't count you as a blues guy either, Henry, but I hold your opinion very highly. Love your music, man! Thanks for the listen.

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Marty & Dave ...

Alan

Thank you, Alan!! You stay safe also.

Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Love this.
but geeze Marty , that pic is a bit freaky!:)

Haha. Right? It would've creepier to be one of the "stand-ins" hired to help make it. [see above reply to CaptainMoto]

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Marty,

It is something joyful in your voice I hear all the time. even if you sing about "but the blues will bring me swooning to my knees. When things go wrong all day, I crawl on home to say, I need good news so N."!

So I enjoyed this song very much,
Hans

Thank you, Hans. B positive is my blood type. Enjoy whatever happens.
Sounded great you guys. "Real" instruments sounded fantastic. Good mix. Cool lyrics and vocals. Good job to the band too. Well done to both of you.
Great stuff, guys. Really enjoyed your vocal (and bass) on this one, Marty. For a singer it's common to say that one could happily listen to them singing the phone book. Not sure what the equivalent is for a guitar player, but whatever it is, it sure does apply to you, Dave. I never tire of hearing you play.
Regards,
Leon
Thanks so much for the listen and comments, Floyd, Tom, RayC, Stefan, Scott, Greg, Janice, Bud, Deej, TuneMonger, jptjptjpt and Leon. You know, this year was a bust for many things, but you folks and the rest on this forum are by far the best thing for me this year. Stay safe, have a happy holiday season and let's keep up the good word.

Uh-oh. I just noticed that this is my 666th comment on the forum. It means nothing, right?

Sounds great y'all! So nice to see you collaborating like this!

Do it more often!

smile
Hi BaBuMisic,

Well-crafted and pleasant video. I like the blues you sing. And the harmonies are perfect. The solo guitar is well done.

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Excellent! This song did that rare thing to me when I just sit back and listen and forget to concentrate on "technical aspects" so that I may have something coherent to say about it by way of feedback. So, nothing coherent here ... just WELL DONE - loved it!
Thanks for listening and commenting, David, Derochette and musician 17.
© PG Music Forums