PG Music Home
Posted By: Chris Dent Counting the Ways - 12/04/20 08:35 PM
Sometimes I just can't seem to find my muse. This is where I find BIAB very handy!

This track was put together starting with 'Myriad' style and song format. I like the midi styles as I can add my own instruments to get an inspiring sound. Here I have used the bass and a couple of other tracks as a starting point. I added other synth tracks, guitars and drums.

https://soundcloud.com/user-663569023/counting-the-ways

Hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

Chris
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Counting the Ways - 12/04/20 10:41 PM
Cool track Chris!! BIAB is very frequently my muse! Sometimes an idea just comes to me, and sometimes I just play through the demos until something hits me. What is the pad sound.....really sweet!! And some really nice guitar work!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Counting the Ways - 12/04/20 10:59 PM
Band-in-a-Box is a really great tool to help people get inspired, and it sounds like you definitely found your inspiration in the end! Thanks so much for sharing. Great job with the added synth tracks.
Posted By: Chris Dent Re: Counting the Ways - 12/04/20 11:03 PM
Thanks Greg,

Most of the synth sounds I use are produced on a KV331Audio Synthmaster. It has excellent sound quality compared to any other synth I have.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Counting the Ways - 12/05/20 07:39 AM
Nice instrumental!

Love the tone on the guitar you bring in at 2:10 or so, and it blends quite nicely with the guitar playing the melody.

Enjoyed the listen, well done!
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Counting the Ways - 12/05/20 01:16 PM
Chill & Relax gets it!

Nice production.

moto
Posted By: Chris Dent Re: Counting the Ways - 12/05/20 06:08 PM
Thanks Dave, I have been experimenting with drive tones lately. I always used to play mostly with a clean tone. If you are interested, for the overdriven guitar I had the bridge pickup on full treble but the amps and pedals had the tone wound nearly all the way down. Drive is two overscream pedals and a 'feedback' pedal in sequence. (Amplitube)
Posted By: rayc Re: Counting the Ways - 12/06/20 02:45 AM
Yes, a cool starting point and you've been suitably inspired it seems.
Well done.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Counting the Ways - 12/06/20 07:10 AM
Hi Chris,

a very cool relaced instrumental, beautifully and tastefully played. The mix and the sound are flawless, I think. A very good job!

Take care,

Stefan
Posted By: tommyad Re: Counting the Ways - 12/06/20 08:35 AM
Sounds good. The guitar playing shines through and the production and mix are on track. Good work,Tom
Posted By: Scott C Re: Counting the Ways - 12/06/20 03:09 PM
Wow what a cool song Chris. Boy this just filled my studio with sound. Guitar was excellent. Loved the effects. Very cool listen. Well done
Posted By: dcuny Re: Counting the Ways - 12/06/20 06:07 PM
Excellent sound, loved the guitars. laugh
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Counting the Ways - 12/08/20 11:56 AM
Outstanding!

The overdrive sounds good and sits nicely in the mix.

And the mix? Great soundstage.

Enjoyed the listens!

J&B
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Counting the Ways - 12/08/20 01:13 PM
That Was Badass!!!!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Counting the Ways - 12/08/20 03:18 PM
Wow, what a wonderful way to delve into the inspiration, Chris. Really well developed. I'd say you can stop counting; THIS is the way.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Counting the Ways - 12/09/20 01:04 AM
Very pro sound and production! Really enjoyable, a little like eighties pop that was so synth driven but this had its own thing going on. Nicely done.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Counting the Ways - 12/09/20 01:35 AM
Hi Chris ...

So cool! I love this ambient sounds ... mesmerizing and totally relaxing. Great sounds on the guitars ... really liked the change up! Pads are super. And the arrangement is fantastic. Prop all the way! Loved it!

Take care and be safe.

Alan
Posted By: Chris Dent Re: Counting the Ways - 12/09/20 08:33 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Much appreciated...
© PG Music Forums