PG Music Home
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 04:47 AM
Hi there,

I am a BIAB user from Germany and this is my first post here. It's a christmas song reflecting about feelings of loneliness during Corona lockdown. Hope you like the song and if so, pls also spend me a like or comment on youtube smile Thanks a lot

https://youtu.be/kSXXoncI3g4

All playback instruments and backing vocals come from BIAB. I added some bells, additional drums and pad sounds and, of course, the lead vocal. Looking forward to your comments smile

Edit: Now also on Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/uwefischermusic/christmas-without-you-the-analogue-natives-feat-pauline-mykell
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 12:27 PM
This is really good. Very pro sounding.

Excellent use of BIAB. A well-written song. Beautiful vocal.

And a good mix. Nice video, too. The sax at the end was a nice touch...

Welcome to the Showcase.

fj
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 04:17 PM
Yes, this is beautiful in spite of the sadness. It gives a wonderful sense of hope. Love it. So well done and such a good write. Really cool use of the BGVs BiaB offers.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 05:08 PM
oops, the reply button does not do what I expected. I guess I have to use the quote button to have my reply attached to the original comment?
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 05:29 PM
"Yes, this is beautiful in spite of the sadness. It gives a wonderful sense of hope. Love it. So well done and such a good write. Really cool use of the BGVs BiaB offers."

Thanks Babu, and especially for your comment on youtube. I am following you now wink
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
This is really good. Very pro sounding.

Excellent use of BIAB. A well-written song. Beautiful vocal.

And a good mix. Nice video, too. The sax at the end was a nice touch...

Welcome to the Showcase.

fj

Thanks a lot for listening and your praise, am very happy you like it. Good that you mentioned the sax...it is also from BIAB, of course, and originally I had a sax intro and solo in the middle which I later replaced with the bell melody to provide a little bit more of a Christmas vibe. But in the coda it fits perfectly.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 09:57 PM
Indeed. I agree. Nicely done. Smooth vocal.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Christmas Without You - 12/09/20 11:54 PM
What a beautiful vocal. I just love the tone of your voice. Lovely song and perfect timing. With the covid problems it is very relatable . Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Christmas Without You - 12/10/20 03:51 AM
Great job, got a Thom Bell, Philadelphia soul vibe to the arrangement. Vocalist was excellent.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/10/20 06:46 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great job, got a Thom Bell, Philadelphia soul vibe to the arrangement. Vocalist was excellent.

Cool, that never entered my mind. Thanks for this connotation. Vocals are really great, agreed. I hired a vocalist for that.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/10/20 06:48 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a beautiful vocal. I just love the tone of your voice. Lovely song and perfect timing. With the covid problems it is very relatable . Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the praise. Really appreciate it. I will tell Pauline who sang it for me. I am only the composer and producer smile If you can please write your comment on youtube so Pauline can see it, too.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Christmas Without You - 12/10/20 10:47 PM
Very pretty song!! Singer has a sweet voice, and the song is melodic with a nice catchy chorus! Very well done in every way! Great first post!! WELCOME!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: The Don Re: Christmas Without You - 12/11/20 02:32 PM
Very nice work!!
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/11/20 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very pretty song!! Singer has a sweet voice, and the song is melodic with a nice catchy chorus! Very well done in every way! Great first post!! WELCOME!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg. It really encourages me to go on sharing my music.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/11/20 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: The Don
Very nice work!!

Thanks a lot, Don smile
Posted By: cliftond Re: Christmas Without You - 12/11/20 05:01 PM
Awesome, what a beautiful song!!! The vocal is bright and spot on, music is just right, and yes it is a good Christmas song!!! certainly we will be hearing more from you and looking forward to it.

Cliff
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/11/20 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: cliftond
Awesome, what a beautiful song!!! The vocal is bright and spot on, music is just right, and yes it is a good Christmas song!!! certainly we will be hearing more from you and looking forward to it.

Cliff

Your comment sounds like music to my ears, Cliff. Thank you so much
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Christmas Without You - 12/12/20 12:07 PM

This sounds great to me! Very soothing.

Happy Holidays over there!

smile
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/12/20 04:57 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This sounds great to me! Very soothing.

Happy Holidays over there!

smile

Thanks a lot, David. I am glad you like it.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/16/20 03:40 PM
Just to let you know for further communication: I changed my user name here from Senhor Pescador to Uwe Fischer...same guy, different name smile
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/23/20 08:25 PM
My song CHRISTMAS WITHOUT YOU has been translated into Dutch by an Italian singer named Gabriella Massa who is a newcomer in the field of German Schlager. How cool (or weird) is that? It's my first song ever that someone else translated. Am very happy with it. Find her version using my BIAB playback here:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJGmPtkACRc/
Posted By: dcuny Re: Christmas Without You - 12/23/20 11:25 PM
Really like the sound and the mix. smile
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Christmas Without You - 12/24/20 07:47 AM
Really nice, it all hangs together very well==composition, production, BIAB elements, vocal. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm glad you posted this. Great work! Merry Christmas!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Christmas Without You - 12/24/20 11:15 AM
Simply sweet song. Very cool about the translation, Uwe. A very good write! The production is perfect where everything floats as a bed for that beautiful voice of Pauline. You and the rest of the folks on this forum really made a BIG difference in this otherwise crazy year. Merry Christmas, Uwe! Glad for me it's not without y'all.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/24/20 03:43 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Really like the sound and the mix. smile

Thank you David, and happy Christmas to you and your family & friends!
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/24/20 03:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Really nice, it all hangs together very well==composition, production, BIAB elements, vocal. I thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm glad you posted this. Great work! Merry Christmas!

And I am glad you told me! After so many years making music just for myself it feels good to get such positive feedback.
Posted By: Uwe Fischer Re: Christmas Without You - 12/24/20 03:49 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Simply sweet song. Very cool about the translation, Uwe. A very good write! The production is perfect where everything floats as a bed for that beautiful voice of Pauline. You and the rest of the folks on this forum really made a BIG difference in this otherwise crazy year. Merry Christmas, Uwe! Glad for me it's not without y'all.

Hey Marty, once again thanks for your kind words. Since you mention Pauline I would love her to know about your praise. So if you have a minute would you mind to share your comment again also on youtube so she can read it for herself? I am sure she will be very happy.
Here is the shortcut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSXXoncI3g4

Thank you so much! Happy Xmas!
© PG Music Forums