PG Music Home
Hello, formulates. Wrote another song this Xmas that I wanted to share. Like the last, it is from the era before me. Will post the tracks soon. Wanted to wish everyone tidings of peace, love, comfort and joy! Merry Xmas all!! Take care. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/christmasevealone

Christmas Eve Alone

It’s almost too much to believe
That I’d drop by on Christmas Eve
And find you here, I was so sure you wouldn’t be at home
Probably nothing for me in Santa’s sleigh
But this must be my lucky day
No on should spend Christmas Eve alone

I should have called ahead, but hey
I didn’t know just what to say
I thought I’d leave a note or something to wish you Christmas cheer
I know it’s been so many years
I wasn’t sure you still lived here
No one should spend Christmas Eve alone

I know no one lives without regret
But you’re the one I can’t forget
Ain’t met another like you yet
And I probably never will
Yet, here we are, this could be fate
My heart says it’s not too late
I truly feel that love might fit the bill

So let’s talk a while, we’ll take it slow
Just in case, I brought some mistletoe
I can pull it from my pocket if you’re feeling so inclined
You know I’m not the optimistic kind
But I’ve got romance on my mind
Hi Greg ...

Not sure what to say anymore ... I've already bankrupted the English language of its most wonderful adjectives from having commented on all your previous pieces of musical magic. As I said on Soundcloud, I now have to bring myself back from 1952 to the present. But as I listened, I really didn't want to.

A classic singer and songwriter creating more classic joy for the rest of us. I think you have no equal on these boards.

Wishing you & yours the very best. Have a terrific Christmas and fabulous New year. Warmest thought from both of us ...

Alan & Di
Hi Greg,

Fabulous track... it almost made me cry because I lost the one this year that I wanted to share the Christmas with...

Your voice is so great... your musical talent is amazing... I'm happy that you share it with us, so we can enjoy your wonderful songs!

Will
Thanks for another Christmas present! smile

Loved it - you continue to knock them out of the park.

As usual, you continue to be the commanding presence in the gjohnson category. wink

(Listening to your songs convinced me to finally track you down and find your interview on KDRT from last year).

Alan pretty much summed it up perfectly I think!

Just wonderful in every way!

Wishing you and yours the very best for the holiday season, Greg smile
Hey, who you callin' a formulate? Ah, I don't care what you call me, Greg. I saw it was a song by you and pushed Like while the ad was playing. Hope Soundcloud doesn't take that the wrong way. This is one of my favorite Christmas songs already. It pushed so many others down the list. Your voice drips like a dry martini, and, man, great choice of the soprano solo. Love it! Merry Christmas to you and yours, Greg.
Greg,

Few people can write a truly good, original Christmas song. You just pump them like it's nothing.

AMAZING.

A great write. A great vocal. Simply gorgeous.

You should record an entire album of original Greg Johnson Christmas and push it hard every year until it becomes the classic that it deserves to be. Sitting right beside that Mathis fellow...

Merry Christmas, buddy!!

fj
Greg,

I listened to this one just after listening to Christmas Lights. I can’t say anything else that wouldn’t be redundant, so I’m just going to say, “Ditto”. Excellent tune from first to last note!

Have a Merry Christmas,

Deej
Doubling down on Christmas songs, eh?

The forum is better for it!

Great bass and sax to back up a fine, fine vocal.

Classic sound all the way around and wrapped
up in a excellent mix package!

J&B
Nice ! ,,a bit of work here and there and I can almost hear buble doing his stuff with this,

The start made me feel I was jumping in to the song and not hearing the intro , apart from that the lyrics are flowing and a very commercial feel.

Great write and your vocals do a great job on delivering the song so well .

Thanks
Very smooth and nice Greg. Great work
Wonderfully done. I don't know what else to say. A fine performance. A fine write.
Great Xmas jazz ballad, you're working double time to get this kind of output. Terrific voice, have I said that before, LOL? The little mistletoe story stood out for me. Happy holidays to you and thanks for the great tracks throughout the year.
Beautiful Greg. Perfect timing.

Merry Christmas
Absolutely Wonderful Greg, ol´friend !

This a masterpiece and I
would not be surprised if
it turned up on records and
performances by other
world renown top artists !:))

WOW !

....and have yourself
a most Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Coronafree Year 2021 !

Cheers
Dani
This is another great example of your mastery of the genre. It sounds like an all time classic. You are so good at this. Perfectly executed in all ways, Tom
Merry Christmas man!!! I Love your song and vocals <3

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Hello, formulates. Wrote another song this Xmas that I wanted to share. Like the last, it is from the era before me. Will post the tracks soon. Wanted to wish everyone tidings of peace, love, comfort and joy! Merry Xmas all!! Take care. Greg

https://soundcloud.com/gjohnson-2/christmasevealone

Christmas Eve Alone

It’s almost too much to believe
That I’d drop by on Christmas Eve
And find you here, I was so sure you wouldn’t be at home
Probably nothing for me in Santa’s sleigh
But this must be my lucky day
No on should spend Christmas Eve alone

I should have called ahead, but hey
I didn’t know just what to say
I thought I’d leave a note or something to wish you Christmas cheer
I know it’s been so many years
I wasn’t sure you still lived here

I know no one lives without regret
But you’re the one I can’t forget
Ain’t met another like you yet
And I probably never will
Yet, here we are, this could be fate
My heart says it’s not too late
I truly feel that love might fit the bill

So let’s talk a while, we’ll take it slow
Just in case, I brought some mistletoe
I can pull it from my pocket if you’re feeling so inclined
You know I’m not the optimistic kind
But I’ve got romance on my mind
Hi Greg,
Cozy atmosphere in this holiday atmosphere of the end of the year. The mix is ​​well done and the volume of the voice is perfectly integrated. Pleasant. Well done.

Happy New Year and take care of yourself.

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Nice recording. Yes, it's like from a different era (one in which most of the great secular Christmas carols were written). Sweet sounds coming from the band too.

Merry Christmas.
Love this song Greg, sheer perfection all round. As others have said it like a lovely old school Christmas song .. Thank you for posting and stay safe
Greg,
Excellent holiday tune! Much nicer than most of what local radio has to offer smile
Smooth composition and amazing vocals! Thank you for sharing.

Misha
© PG Music Forums