PG Music Home
Posted By: Angelomusic Nite at the club! - 12/30/20 01:42 PM
Hi all,

Just publish my latest tune. Nite at the club!
I used a lot of stuff.
Part A used a loop from Splice that I modified and deepened with other drums I created. I also implemented staccato synth/strings with the plugin Scaler (part A).

Part B uses Ez drummer and BIAB for
- the bass
- the electric piano chords and solo
- the sax solos

I play the guitars

Mixed in reaper, Ozone 9, THU full plugin for my guitar sounds (2 sounds used).

Then created the clip.

This one took me a lot of work! Hope you will enjoy it!
Posted By: TallPaul Re: Nite at the club! - 12/30/20 03:30 PM
Nicely done!
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Nite at the club! - 12/30/20 05:12 PM
Thank you very much TallPaul for taking time to listen to it and post your message!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Nite at the club! - 12/30/20 07:38 PM
Well, all your work was worth it because the result was excellent. TBH I can get bored with instrumentals but this held my interest throughout. Great work!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Nite at the club! - 12/30/20 10:36 PM
Hey Angelo ...

Man, what a treat! All that work you applied turned into one big heap of fun and entertainment. Your cuts are always very professional-sounding and have tons of commercial appeal. Loved that bass and hi-hat intro ... really cool! And the horn stabs are the perfect accent to everything else.

The variations are nicely blended and are mutually complimentary. Translation: Fantastic song that I truly enjoyed!

Look forward to more excellent cuts from you. Hope 2021 treats you in a most excellent way.

Alan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Nite at the club! - 12/31/20 01:47 PM
Man, that is one great display of the power of BiaB when used with strong user performance like your guitars.

Excellent mix and a terrific video.

No doubt about the amount of planning and effort that went into this and we most enjoyed the outcome!

J&B
Posted By: rayc Re: Nite at the club! - 12/31/20 06:24 PM
VERY modern jazz funk club of the 70s. I almost didn't listen though - the "title music" at the beginning is anodyne and almost turned me away. It might be better suited to the end.
The kick drum sounds wrong in the quieter passage...all click and no thud.
There're some lovely parts in this one but there're not enough of them repeated to ctreate some sense of SONG as opposed to jam.
Nice mix.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Nite at the club! - 01/01/21 06:38 AM
Hi Angelo,

I'm a sucker for great bass riffs and this one really does the job, wow.... A very fine and marvellously produced piece of funky stuff - a fantastic start into 2021. Thanks a lot and stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Nite at the club! - 01/01/21 12:38 PM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Well, all your work was worth it because the result was excellent. TBH I can get bored with instrumentals but this held my interest throughout. Great work!

Thank you very much! I totally see why instrumentals couldn't be that enticing so I thank you for your comment ! I wish you an happy new year!!

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey Angelo ...

Man, what a treat! All that work you applied turned into one big heap of fun and entertainment. Your cuts are always very professional-sounding and have tons of commercial appeal. Loved that bass and hi-hat intro ... really cool! And the horn stabs are the perfect accent to everything else.

The variations are nicely blended and are mutually complimentary. Translation: Fantastic song that I truly enjoyed!

Look forward to more excellent cuts from you. Hope 2021 treats you in a most excellent way.

Alan

Thank you for your feedback Alan. It was a lot of work to compose and adjust and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I wish you an happy new year!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Man, that is one great display of the power of BiaB when used with strong user performance like your guitars.

Excellent mix and a terrific video.

No doubt about the amount of planning and effort that went into this and we most enjoyed the outcome!

J&B

Thank you J&B! I love BIAB, this is such a wonderful and powerful tool indeed! I wish you a very happy new year!

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Angelo,

I'm a sucker for great bass riffs and this one really does the job, wow.... A very fine and marvellously produced piece of funky stuff - a fantastic start into 2021. Thanks a lot and stay safe,

Stefan

Thank you very much Stefan! Even if I play guitar, I do really love bass indeed, such a wonderful instrument! Thanks again, and happy new year!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Nite at the club! - 01/02/21 11:43 AM
Angelo,

Excellent track.

Nice guitars. Super cool bass (wish you had noted what BIAB track that was...).
Sax sound good. The brass stabs are cool (did you say where they came from?).

Good mix.

A very enjoyable listen.

fj
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Nite at the club! - 01/02/21 01:09 PM
Thank you very much Floyd!

My bad, here are the information :

Solo Electric piano, RT 1243 "smooth jazz poppy"
electric piano chords, RT 1437 "jazz funk groovin"
Basse, RT 903 "smooth cool"
sax solo, RT 1060 "smooth jazz balad"

Thanks again for listening and posting your feedback! Happy new year btw! smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Nite at the club! - 01/02/21 05:24 PM
Absolutely impressive from every perspective.

An excellent mix delivers a catchy and rhythmically entertaining production.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Nite at the club! - 01/02/21 06:42 PM
Well constructed piece and some excellent guitar playing.

The video was a good accompaniment for the song.

Peter
Posted By: MarioD Re: Nite at the club! - 01/02/21 07:29 PM
WOW, this is so good it is frightening! Everything is spot on. Loved every minute of this one. Outstanding mix! Super guitar chops and tone!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Nite at the club! - 01/03/21 11:16 AM
Angelo,
Funky stuff! Cool composition and excellent guitar playing. Liked it!
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Nite at the club! - 01/03/21 01:58 PM
Nice production.
All the instruments fit nice and tight.
Guitar sounds great.

moto
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Nite at the club! - 01/05/21 01:04 AM
VideoTrack, Rustyspoon, CaptainMoto, PeterF, and MarioD, you've all been so sweet and supportive! Thank you so much for taking time to listen to that tune and to leave your feedback!

I wish you all a wonderful and happy new year, full of musical achievement! wink
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Nite at the club! - 01/11/21 10:34 PM
Fantastic stuff!! And wonderful playing!!! A killer production......always love those Jeff Lorber keys (killer find by PG) and they are so well displayed here!! AWESOME!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Ardent Re: Nite at the club! - 01/12/21 01:51 AM
Lights, music, action! An entertaining production on all three counts
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Nite at the club! - 01/13/21 02:15 AM
Hi Angelo
Very well put together. Guitar playing is first rate.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: Nite at the club! - 01/20/21 01:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Fantastic stuff!! And wonderful playing!!! A killer production......always love those Jeff Lorber keys (killer find by PG) and they are so well displayed here!! AWESOME!! Take care. Greg

Originally Posted By: Ardent
Lights, music, action! An entertaining production on all three counts

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Angelo
Very well put together. Guitar playing is first rate.
Regards,
Leon

Sorry for the late reply guys, life got in the way.
Thank you so much for your support and nice words! I'm really touched that you enjoyed the tune!
© PG Music Forums