PG Music Home
Last month, a friend of mine who is starting a podcast, asked me to do his music.

This is the theme we're starting with. It's a podcast intro with voice over.

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14171516

Caleb wrote the words. He wanted a classic rock groove and selected this style out of 8 examples I sent.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: podcast theme - 01/04/21 07:23 PM
Great job Herb! I totally see this working perfectly! T
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Podcast theme ( a commercial project) - 01/04/21 09:32 PM
It's perfect - wakes you up and grabs your attention with that signature Herb Hartley sound. Also the cigar smoking , politically incorrect Caleb sounds like my kind of guy.:)
Have a great music making 2021.
cheers
Gary.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Podcast theme ( a commercial project) - 01/04/21 09:40 PM
I think Caleb picked the right intro! He sounds like my kind of guy. Do you know where and when his podcast will air?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: podcast theme - 01/04/21 10:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss

Caleb said essentially the same thing

Thanks
Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
It's perfect - wakes you up and grabs your attention with that signature Herb Hartley sound. Also the cigar smoking , politically incorrect Caleb sounds like my kind of guy.:)
Have a great music making 2021.
cheers
Gary.

Caleb is a cool fellow. Thanks
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I think Caleb picked the right intro! He sounds like my kind of guy. Do you know where and when his podcast will air?

I will have to find out from him. I still have to get him a few more cues..... so I will be asking that.
Sound good to me!

moto
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Podcast theme ( a commercial project) - 01/05/21 12:45 AM
Damn right it works. It fits the bill to a "T".
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Podcast theme ( a commercial project) - 01/05/21 09:53 AM
Herb.. really good demonstration of the utilitarian aspect of music composition, where it’s important to be attention grabbing, concise, and not too distracting, but at the same time interesting. I’d love to see more of these kinds of applications of music composition in the forum. Excellent work!
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Thanks

Good job Herb.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Podcast theme ( a commercial project) - 01/05/21 12:24 PM
I've always thought that this type thing would be a good application for BIAB. Pop in a couple of chords and you've got good background music.

Coming from you, I would have thought a rock-based cue would be more guitar-centric with a Keith Richards kind of catchy lick... this is pretty bass heavy. If your customer is happy, that's all that matters.
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Sound good to me!

moto

Thanks
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Damn right it works. It fits the bill to a "T".

I appreciate that.
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Herb.. really good demonstration of the utilitarian aspect of music composition, where it’s important to be attention grabbing, concise, and not too distracting, but at the same time interesting. I’d love to see more of these kinds of applications of music composition in the forum. Excellent work!

I'm going to be doing a few more if these.

Thanks
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Thanks

Good job Herb.

Thanks
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
I've always thought that this type thing would be a good application for BIAB. Pop in a couple of chords and you've got good background music.

Coming from you, I would have thought a rock-based cue would be more guitar-centric with a Keith Richards kind of catchy lick... this is pretty bass heavy. If your customer is happy, that's all that matters.

You're correct. This was a hurry up and get something. I'm going to dig back in and redo it with my picking. The official start of the show is still to be determined.

Thanks for your insight
So.... Caleb has his premiere episode up on the net.
Go to. Podbean.com and use the search function to look for Revolutions Revival. That should get you there.

BTW.... The final version was edited a bit. Guitars were added. And I high passed it.

I'm listening to Revolution's Revival with Caleb Shumate | This is the Dawn: Revolution's Revival Premiere on Podbean, check it out! https://www.podbean.com/ea/pb-54h96-f72e8b

https://revolutionsrevival.podbean.com/e/this-is-the-dawn-revolutions-revival-premiere/
Posted By: Derochette Re: Podcast theme ( a commercial project) - 01/11/21 05:26 PM
Hi GuitarHacker,

The composition is short and does not allow you to fully appreciate your work. It's quite sober and classic but the quality is there.

Kindly regards
Take care of you

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Podcast theme ( a commercial project) - 01/11/21 07:16 PM
Wow! Nice band.
Love to hear if you turned this into a full song.
Well done on the production.
Rob4580
Worked well for us. Attention getting but not obtrusive.

Cool to see an unexpected use of BiaB on the forum!

J&B

PS Now the cigar? Nah... smile
© PG Music Forums