PG Music Home
Posted By: Gemini Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/12/21 05:51 PM
Guys...

This is another song I made completely with BIAB...
It`s in Brasil Bossa Style, 130 BPM, I sing in macedonian language.
I know you don`t understand my language, but hope you will like it anyway smile

Here is the link: https://youtu.be/TkHvjwz0Bgs

See you soon...

Nikola smile
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/12/21 08:58 PM
Nikola

What a great composition and production! Very nice all the way around! I especially liked the chorus--it's construction, and the arrangement elements that gave it lift and energy. Excellent work!

Please give us all the details about RealTracks that you used, or midi entries that you made!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/13/21 04:28 PM
Nikola,

Really nice. Good vocals. Nice melody. Good backing tracks.

Well mixed.

I enjoyed the listen. The chorus is catchy.

fj
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/13/21 06:35 PM
Gemini,

This is not quite my genre, but doesn’t stop me from enjoying the artistry it takes to put something like this together. The mix is solid—good vocal; the back up vox are excellent as well. I’m wondering whether the sax solo—which is terrific—might be sitting just a touch too much up front and might benefit from lowering a decibel or two . . . maybe not. See what others think. But really cool stuff. Great vibe to this.

All my best,

Deej
Posted By: Gemini Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/14/21 10:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Nikola

What a great composition and production! Very nice all the way around! I especially liked the chorus--it's construction, and the arrangement elements that gave it lift and energy. Excellent work!

Please give us all the details about RealTracks that you used, or midi entries that you made!

Thank you very much my friends...

Yes...the real tracks are as follows:
- Real 921 Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 110
- RealDrums BossaBrushes#1
- Real 923 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BossaFreeComp Ev 110
- Real 925 Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 110
- Real 475 Sax, Alto, Bossa Ev 140
- I also used midi track Acoustica instruments: Warm Pad

See you soon guys smile
Posted By: Ardent Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/14/21 03:16 PM
Hello, Gemini. A listener's unfamiliarity with a language is not necessarily a barrier to enjoying a song if it speaks to our emotions. To my ears and heart, your song easily conveys feelings of romantic longing thanks to the cool passion in your voice. The melody seems to have inspired excellent accompaniment from the Real Tracks that combine to create a melancholic mood unique to bossa nova ballads.
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/14/21 07:47 PM
Nice track. The production gave me the feeling I was in the room and I was totally enveloped. I liked the arrangement and the vocals were excellent.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/14/21 07:48 PM
Very well done.
The production is perfect.
Nicely done sir. Rob4580
Posted By: dcuny Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/15/21 05:10 AM
Sounds excellent in my headphone. Love the arrangement and mix.

The sax might be a hair up front, but not much.

Really well done!
Posted By: Gemini Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/16/21 01:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Ardent
Hello, Gemini. A listener's unfamiliarity with a language is not necessarily a barrier to enjoying a song if it speaks to our emotions. To my ears and heart, your song easily conveys feelings of romantic longing thanks to the cool passion in your voice. The melody seems to have inspired excellent accompaniment from the Real Tracks that combine to create a melancholic mood unique to bossa nova ballads.

Wow guys, I really appreciate your comments, it means to me a lot.
Thank you very much...
You reflect so much motivation smile
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/16/21 01:21 PM
Nikola,
I think that is the first Bossa I have heard in Macedonian language.
Recognized only a few words, but I guess Јасмина-сонце is the prominent theme smile

Very good arrangement and vocals. Interesting mix with a lot of presence. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/16/21 04:49 PM
You certainly captured a perfect Bossa arrangement.

I liked the build, it gave dimension and a sense of anticipation. Your vocal delivery is very, very good.

Overall, a very enjoyable listen.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/16/21 05:15 PM
Language not a problem, enjoyed it thoroughly, great work!
Posted By: Gemini Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/22/21 02:38 PM
Thank you guys... I appreciate your comments smile
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Nikola,

Well mixed.

fj

Agree with all that!! Really excellent production!! Very live sound to the track. Will have to check out those RTs! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Derochette Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/24/21 06:07 PM
Hi Gemini,

The arrangement is pleasant in this flowery atmosphere. The vocals are excellent and the saxophone plays wonderfully well. I enjoyed it.

Kindly regards
Take care of yourself

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Gemini Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/28/21 03:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Nikola,

Well mixed.

fj

Agree with all that!! Really excellent production!! Very live sound to the track. Will have to check out those RTs! Take care. Greg

Thank you very much my friend smile
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/29/21 02:05 AM
Gemini, this is very much to my liking! As Floyd said, it really comes alive when the tempo kicks in at the 1:00 marker.. (I guess that's where the bar markers changed from blue to green? )

Great chord choices! And your deep voice is such a good match for this genre... so many jazz crooners had deep voices.

This is the second song I've heard of yours, and I've totally enjoyed both. I guess that's an indicator of what to expect from you in the future.

Thanks for posting!
Posted By: Al-David Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/29/21 05:38 AM
HI Nikola ...

I lived in Europe 12 years but never got to Macedonia. I wish I had been able to visit your homeland.

Music is an international language. It's the language of the heart, the soul, the passion for life. All of that is understood by almost everyone. I totally enjoyed your song . Brazil is the home of Bossa Nova. Di (my wife) and I love it. And your song is a perfect example of what it should sound like. Your song is wonderful for the ears. Di and I enjoyed it very, very much. It felt like a live production. Excellent!!!!. Thank you for the very enjoyable listen.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Gemini Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/29/21 10:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Gemini, this is very much to my liking! As Floyd said, it really comes alive when the tempo kicks in at the 1:00 marker.. (I guess that's where the bar markers changed from blue to green? )

Great chord choices! And your deep voice is such a good match for this genre... so many jazz crooners had deep voices.

This is the second song I've heard of yours, and I've totally enjoyed both. I guess that's an indicator of what to expect from you in the future.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks a lot again Pat Marr... I really appreciate your comments and analyses.
You can also listen to my english language song which is in my signature link here.
Hope you will like it smile
Posted By: Gemini Re: Jasmina - Bossa Brasil Quartet style - 01/29/21 10:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
HI Nikola ...

I lived in Europe 12 years but never got to Macedonia. I wish I had been able to visit your homeland.

Music is an international language. It's the language of the heart, the soul, the passion for life. All of that is understood by almost everyone. I totally enjoyed your song . Brazil is the home of Bossa Nova. Di (my wife) and I love it. And your song is a perfect example of what it should sound like. Your song is wonderful for the ears. Di and I enjoyed it very, very much. It felt like a live production. Excellent!!!!. Thank you for the very enjoyable listen.

Alan & Di

Thanks a lot Al-David... I`m glad you liked it... all of your comments motivates a lot smile
© PG Music Forums