Dani
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/15/21 06:28 PM
This is a great fun song.
Your girl ran off with your truck.
I bet you miss the truck!
Loved it, great story line.
Rob4580
Posted By: Ardent Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/16/21 02:59 AM
Ha, ha! Got a chuckle, a smile, a smirk, a guffaw and a hoot outta me, that's for sure, and I didn't even finish all of my beer(s). The first "humorous" song I've listened to on this forum. Easy to imagine the loud, smokey and noisy drinking establishment the song would likely be performed in. Music was just right, poking along to your very-low-gear vocal performance that seemed to declare to the audience, "Ladies and gentlemen, if you don't mind, I think I'll just take my sweet time singing this song , thank you very much!" Ha, ha, again!
Posted By: rayc Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/16/21 05:41 AM
Nice one Mario.
I was, initially concerned about the treatment of the vocal then i realized my brain was focussing because the vocal is slightly off centre.
Fun, well constructed and well performed.
Nice one!
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/16/21 01:23 PM
What a clever idea for a song. A novelty hit! Very well done all around (lyrics, vocals, and band). Great job.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/16/21 05:05 PM
Very sad.
Very Country.
Indeed.
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/17/21 11:50 AM
Dani, Rob, Ardent, Ray, jpt3, and Floyd for listening and commenting on this song. I greatly appreciate any comments.

Ray, I put the vocals slightly off center so when the harmony part comes it is directly opposite the lead. That plus my brain is slightly off center also!
Posted By: Derochette Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/17/21 12:26 PM
Hi MarioD,

it's great this composition. I had fun listening to it. The sung narration is very well done and the end made me laugh.

Kindly regards
Take care of yourself

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: edshaw Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/17/21 08:34 PM
The vocal quality is striking, if not a mite hard to understand in parts. Still, for someone just trying a country song for the fun of it, the effect is astonishing, in good taste, with a great sense of humor as the story unfolds.It rolls right along, just as it is supposed to.
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/17/21 09:20 PM
Hey Mario ...

And who says you can't write a country song? well, ya did! It gave me a David Allan Cole moment. And your vocal was pretty dang good, I thought. I think it's always fun to occasionally jump into uncharted waters just to see what happens. I enjoyed it a lot! It wouldn't hurt my feelin gs (or my ears) at all if you did a vocal here and there. Lots of fun!

Best to you and yours.

Alan
Posted By: Crossroads Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/19/21 10:25 AM
Mario,

I guess that was the only personal tragedy that hadn't been sung about in Country ...

And, oh man, if you could see my eyes soaking wet. Those salty tears dropping on my jeans. Still can't figure it out: tears of sadness or tears of laughter...?

Where's that darn Kleenex box...?

Cheers,

Stefan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/19/21 11:15 AM
I'm pretty sure there is no "outside" of your comfort zone, Mario. You are so relaxed in this one, and I can't believe you could comfortably sing it with a straight face. Love the harmonies, too. Really outstanding lyrics, man. Hahaha. Gotta pay on it, and your girlfriend is still in the backseat. Wow. Genius. Sad songs can make you cry, but this one brings out tears of laughter. Mario, if I'm wrong about there being no outside to your comfort zone, please never go back inside.
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/19/21 02:00 PM
Awesome tune Mario. Loved the lyric. Got to tell you after listening I miss your truck lol. Super country tune. Well done
Posted By: musician17 Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/19/21 03:20 PM
Mario ... you are a class act. Please, please, please don't ever change a thing and please trust yourself as a songwriter ... this is superb. I loved it - couldn't stop laughing for all the right reasons ... but, look, with you there is no such thing as a "comfort zone", to us listeners at the very least.

I am not going into hyperbole when I say that I look forward to listen to whatever you've just created when you post on here ... and you never, ever disappoint. Your instrumentals I love for your command over harmony, arrangement skills and, of course, creativity ... and this? This was both amusing to the point of tears of laughter and a superbly crafted song. AND I enjoyed hearing you sing!!! So please don't worry about stuff like comfort zones and just belt out whatever you want to create :-) - with you in the driving seat, if you arranged the proverbial telephone book to music, it'd sound amazing ... which brings me to your lyrics ... I'm still grinning, but - again - wonderfully crafted :-)

Encore! More! :-) Keep creating, sir ... a joy to listen.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/20/21 11:10 AM
This one put a smile on my face - thanks for sharing smile Easy on the ears and a change of pace for you I'd imagine - good work on this!
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/20/21 09:42 PM
Derochette, thanx so much for your rave review.

Ed, thanx for listening and commenting on my song. Yes I am not very good at enunciation. I do need work on that.

Alan, Thanx, and I was in uncharted waters for sure. Maybe I will sing a few more songs, who knows?

Setfan, thanx for that very clever review.

Marty, A nice thing about BiaB is that you can go outside your comfort zone and the backing tracks will sound terrific. It's I and my instruments that have outside your comfort zone problems. I'm glad you liked the song.

Scott, thanx so much for listening and commenting on this song.

James, thanx for that outstanding review.

Deryk, thanx for listening and commenting.

I greatly appreciate all of your comments, both good and those of constructive criticism.
Posted By: Leon1 Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/21/21 01:23 AM
Ha! You ought to step out of your comfort zone more often, Mario. Really enjoyed it.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: jannesan Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/21/21 12:29 PM
Well, I don't know why you don't do more vocal songs smile
Funny lyrics using country cliches cleverly and the surprise twist at the end is hilarious. Your vocals match the 'sad and experienced country singer' mood perfectly.

Janne
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/28/21 01:30 PM
I know longer have a pickup but if I did and it was stolen I would feel compelled to retire to a dark recess of the home and write a sad country song also.

Fun!

J&B
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/28/21 02:05 PM
Leon, Janne, and Janice and Bud, thanx so much for taking the time to listen and comment on my song. I greatly appreciate all of the comments.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/28/21 03:03 PM
Hey ... That sounded pretty good. Knock some of the verb off the vocal and crank it up a few dB and let it roll.

I'm glad you figured out the deal on those self driving vehicles. Last thing I need is my truck to drive off without me.

Cool song
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/29/21 01:04 AM
Still laughing Mario! That was fun!

You say "no wonder I tend to play instrumentals", but after hearing this you can put my name on the list of people who want to hear more singing in your tunes. I thought it was perfect!

Regarding the topic of a country song in which a man's self-driving truck leaves him: I bet such a song shows up on radio before too long. Its a cosmic inevitability. But now we all know YOU had the idea FIRST!
Posted By: dcuny Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/29/21 01:49 AM
A sad country song? crazy

A bit too much reverb on the vocal for my taste, because it made the vocals harder to hear.

And those vocals are definitely worth hearing! laugh

Bringing the drums back on the last verse provided a nice lift.

Fun listen!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/29/21 09:17 AM
Mario, you are certainly a creative dude! I would never have a expected a tune like this from you but you sure did a great job with it! Lyrics are super! T
Posted By: Robertkc Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/29/21 02:12 PM
Mario,
This is such a good write... lots of funny country cliche twists in the story and holding the punchline back shows you understand how to deliver; more please!
p.s. I`d also take a little reverb off the vocal and let your gravelly pipes have their day up front!

Robert
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/29/21 10:03 PM
Herb, Pat, David, Torrey, and Robert, thanx for taking the time to listen and comment on this. I will take the reverb suggestions into consideration if and when I decide to warble again.
Posted By: PeterF Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/29/21 10:15 PM
Mario

Enjoyable and a deeply sad, sad country song.

Nicely done & amusing.

Peter
Posted By: vicarn Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/30/21 11:26 AM
Real funny, Mario.
Maybe reduce the reverb on the vocal though.

Vic
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/30/21 03:30 PM
Who said you can't sing?!!!!!

That was great.......very sad though, Ha ha.

A fun listen.

You done good!

moto
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/31/21 05:32 PM
That gave me a good chuckle Mario!!! I think you made the right choice choosing Willie over the truck......someday technology will completely take over our lives.....even more than it already has. Very cool song!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/31/21 05:37 PM
Peter, Vic, Moto, and Greg for listening and commenting on this sad country song. I greatly appreciate it.
Posted By: furry Re: A Sad Country Song - 01/31/21 10:42 PM
Oh wow this caught me completely off guard. It's brilliant Mario. IMO Buddy you've found another comfort zone. Love the storyline ROFL
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Sad Country Song - 02/01/21 12:45 AM
Originally Posted By: furry
Oh wow this caught me completely off guard. It's brilliant Mario. IMO Buddy you've found another comfort zone. Love the storyline ROFL

I'm not sure about that new comfort zone Graham!

Thanx so much for taking the time to listen and comment.
© PG Music Forums