PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef The One Without - 01/24/21 07:11 PM
Hi all, I hope you all are doing well!

I've finally managed to get some inspiration again and I have done this little instrumental... it is a kind of lo-fi chill/jazz with a hint of reggae (I think). smile

https://soundcloud.com/user-656274325/the-one-without

Realtracks used in this one:
RT711:Bass, Acoustic, Bossa
RT2703, Synth Rhythm CloudRapHighOrgan
RT2327: Koto, Synth, Rhythm, NewAge
RT1071: Trumpet, Soloist SmoothJazzPoppy
RealDrums: AltHipHop

Will
Posted By: Robertkc Re: The One Without - 01/24/21 07:35 PM
Will,
You could have added Oriental Mystique to your description... and a few other tags as this moves effortlessly between genres
The synth CloudRap organ coming in is a sweet surprise, and everything as always, sounds
polished and still natural.
Enjoyed!

Robert
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/25/21 09:28 PM
Hi Robert,

Thanks a lot for listening! Your nice comments are always appreciated!

Will
Posted By: MarioD Re: The One Without - 01/25/21 10:25 PM
Yes, a nice oriental touch, especially during the intro. You have crafted a masterpiece by intermixing different instruments that I would have never thought would sound so good together. Your mix is super.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: The One Without - 01/26/21 02:48 AM
Very good use of RTs. Original. I enjoyed it.
Posted By: dcuny Re: The One Without - 01/26/21 06:07 AM
Interesting! The drums sound a more like Middle Eastern percussion than a standard drum kit, which fits the rest of the song.

Very cool! smile
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: The One Without - 01/26/21 11:01 AM
Really well done - the mix is fantastic, and the koto realtrack fit perfectly in the mix. It flows tremendously wewll and make for a 'cerebral' listen, if you will. I wouldn't change a thing - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Tano Music Re: The One Without - 01/26/21 07:14 PM
Love how you started out with such a bare, simple mix to state your motif—that is doing the most with very little. The slow,slow tempo gives the bossa bass a completely unique feel. And that trumpet solo—sounds great!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/27/21 09:08 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Yes, a nice oriental touch, especially during the intro. You have crafted a masterpiece by intermixing different instruments that I would have never thought would sound so good together. Your mix is super.

Thanks a lot for your heart-warming words, Mario. Very much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/27/21 09:09 PM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Very good use of RTs. Original. I enjoyed it.

Thank you, TuneMonger! smile

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/27/21 09:10 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Interesting! The drums sound a more like Middle Eastern percussion than a standard drum kit, which fits the rest of the song.

Very cool! smile

Thank you for listening, David. Much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: Leon1 Re: The One Without - 01/27/21 10:15 PM
Very well put together, Will. Love the trumpet. A great listen.
BTW, this is the second song I've listened to on the showcase this morning featuring the Koto!
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 03:13 AM
wow, I like this a lot, and it left me at a loss for words, so I'm going to simply echo everything that has been said so far.

So very interesting, a song like that would never occur to me in a million years.
Posted By: Birchwood Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 07:10 AM
Hi Will,

What a coincidence we both used a Koto in our songs!
You made nice use of it too, although the performance was a little short.
Probabely that is because so much more happens in your song! I liked how you did that.
All those instruments together are working out marvelous, to my humble opinion.
But what I liked the most though, is that tension of the rhythm section.
I think that glued everything together in a very attractive way

A nice peace of work,
Hans
Posted By: Crossroads Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 07:26 AM
Hi Will,

finally! Finally you're back - I've been missing your very maverick productions.

And this one is another typical example of your creativity - kept my attention from the get-go to the last note. VERY enjoyable!

Take care and stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: rayc Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 07:58 AM
It really came together when the synth kicked in...propelled the song and filled the left channel.
Nice.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 09:10 AM
Will,

A wonderful musical experience! An outstanding "mix of genres".

Keeps the ear engaged throughout. An excellent mix - each instrument is clear and crisp and has its own space.

very much enjoyed.

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 01:01 PM
That is a terrific production.

Man, what a creative mix, arrangement and mashup of genres.

Superb solo trumpet.

Excellent world music!

J&B
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Really well done - the mix is fantastic, and the koto realtrack fit perfectly in the mix. It flows tremendously wewll and make for a 'cerebral' listen, if you will. I wouldn't change a thing - thanks for sharing!

Much appreciated, Deryk! Thanks for listening.

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 09:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Love how you started out with such a bare, simple mix to state your motif—that is doing the most with very little. The slow,slow tempo gives the bossa bass a completely unique feel. And that trumpet solo—sounds great!

Thank you!, Yes, I love the trumpet too! smile

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 09:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Very well put together, Will. Love the trumpet. A great listen.
BTW, this is the second song I've listened to on the showcase this morning featuring the Koto!
Regards,
Leon

Hi Leon, Thanks a lot for listening and your kind words!
Will

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
wow, I like this a lot, and it left me at a loss for words, so I'm going to simply echo everything that has been said so far.

So very interesting, a song like that would never occur to me in a million years.

Hi Pat,

Thank you for listening. Much appreciated!
Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Will,

What a coincidence we both used a Koto in our songs!
You made nice use of it too, although the performance was a little short.
Probabely that is because so much more happens in your song! I liked how you did that.
All those instruments together are working out marvelous, to my humble opinion.
But what I liked the most though, is that tension of the rhythm section.
I think that glued everything together in a very attractive way

A nice peace of work,
Hans

Hi Hans, I liked how you used the Koto too! smile Thanks a lot for listening and commenting!

Will

Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Will,

finally! Finally you're back - I've been missing your very maverick productions.

And this one is another typical example of your creativity - kept my attention from the get-go to the last note. VERY enjoyable!

Take care and stay safe,

Stefan

Hi Stefan, I am happy to be back. Death in my close, close family and many other problems because of Covid-19 made me take a break from music.
I am glad you liked the tune!

Thanks for listening!
Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/28/21 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
It really came together when the synth kicked in...propelled the song and filled the left channel.
Nice.

Thanks a lot for listening, rayc!
Will

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Will,

A wonderful musical experience! An outstanding "mix of genres".

Keeps the ear engaged throughout. An excellent mix - each instrument is clear and crisp and has its own space.

very much enjoyed.

fj

Thank you for listening and for your kind words, Floyd!

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
That is a terrific production.

Man, what a creative mix, arrangement and mashup of genres.

Superb solo trumpet.

Excellent world music!

J&B

Hi Janice & Bud, I'm glad that you took the time to listen! Very much appreciated.
I learned about miss Cox yesterday through your song... that was very interesting and your song was - as always - great too! smile

Will
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: The One Without - 01/31/21 05:19 PM
Cool vibe!! Could be music for a movie score!! I would put some more verb on the percussion. NICE!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 01/31/21 09:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool vibe!! Could be music for a movie score!! I would put some more verb on the percussion. NICE!! Take care. Greg

Thank you for listening, Greg!

Will
Posted By: Ardent Re: The One Without - 02/01/21 03:04 AM
I like the downtempo funkiness and swagger of this piece. Had me bobbing my head and moving my bod. The use of a rather unusual ethnic instrument -- a koto -- to perform the melody left a haunting impression. The atmosphere of the song is bluesy, but the reggae rhythm gives it some attitude. It received multiple listens from me, and I kept the SoundCloud window open so I could go back and listen to it again when the feeling hit me.
Posted By: Al-David Re: The One Without - 02/01/21 03:48 AM
Hi Will ...

WOW! I love experimenting with all the sounds BIAB has for me at my fingertips. I think you just pushed all the best buttons for a genre mix that's outstanding. What a great mix of genres and instruments into one cohesive musical jewel! Totally enjoyed all the various musical variations. Nice work!!! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: The One Without - 02/01/21 05:33 PM
That's cool!
A very exotic sound.

moto
Posted By: dani48 Re: The One Without - 02/01/21 06:39 PM
Hi, Will !

To me your tune sounds
quite extraordinary and
wonderfully mystique !
I could not put this into
any specific genré, it is
so special - it is simply Will,
which naturally is super
as that is probably what
we all strive for i.e.
to be ourselves as composers !

I like this very much!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Scott C Re: The One Without - 02/02/21 01:55 PM
Very cool song. Loved how you mixed the drums. Very interesting music choices. Loved the sound palette. Well done
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 02/03/21 09:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Ardent
I like the downtempo funkiness and swagger of this piece. Had me bobbing my head and moving my bod. The use of a rather unusual ethnic instrument -- a koto -- to perform the melody left a haunting impression. The atmosphere of the song is bluesy, but the reggae rhythm gives it some attitude. It received multiple listens from me, and I kept the SoundCloud window open so I could go back and listen to it again when the feeling hit me.

Thank you for your kind words! Very much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 02/03/21 09:21 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Will ...

WOW! I love experimenting with all the sounds BIAB has for me at my fingertips. I think you just pushed all the best buttons for a genre mix that's outstanding. What a great mix of genres and instruments into one cohesive musical jewel! Totally enjoyed all the various musical variations. Nice work!!! Best to you ...

Alan

Thanks a lot for listening, Alan. It means a lot to me that you take the time to do that.

Will

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
That's cool!
A very exotic sound.

moto

Thank you, CaptainMoto.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 02/03/21 09:24 PM
Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Will !

To me your tune sounds
quite extraordinary and
wonderfully mystique !
I could not put this into
any specific genré, it is
so special - it is simply Will,
which naturally is super
as that is probably what
we all strive for i.e.
to be ourselves as composers !

I like this very much!

Cheers
Dani

Thanks a lot, Dani! Good to see you back as well. I think we both had a break from this forum. I am glad that we both are back and producing.

Will

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool song. Loved how you mixed the drums. Very interesting music choices. Loved the sound palette. Well done

Thanks a lot for your nice comments, Scott!

Will
Posted By: Tangmo Re: The One Without - 02/04/21 12:53 PM
I do my best dancing in the chair with my neck. This works LOVED the instrumentation and you either really lucked out with lines or did some excellent comping, but this was seamless and very unique. I really enjoyed it, and feel better for having listened. Thanks.
Posted By: Derochette Re: The One Without - 02/08/21 11:48 AM
Hi Will Josef,

With the koto, you put a very pleasant oriental touch. It's a very pleasant instrumental piece to listen to. Everything is well spacialized and the melody is pretty. The playing of the trumpet is also great. Well done.

Kindly regard

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 02/09/21 10:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
I do my best dancing in the chair with my neck. This works LOVED the instrumentation and you either really lucked out with lines or did some excellent comping, but this was seamless and very unique. I really enjoyed it, and feel better for having listened. Thanks.

Thanks a lot, Tangmo! I probably lucked out, although I always spend a lot of time regenerating and editing the soloists tracks to get it how I want.
What is wrong with your neck? Sorry I have been away from the forum for quite a while.

Will

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Will Josef,

With the koto, you put a very pleasant oriental touch. It's a very pleasant instrumental piece to listen to. Everything is well spacialized and the melody is pretty. The playing of the trumpet is also great. Well done.

Kindly regard

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thank you for listening, Derochette! It is very much appreciated!

Will
Posted By: Tangmo Re: The One Without - 02/10/21 12:49 AM
LOL. Nothing wrong with my neck (except maybe it's a little skinny). It's NECK dancing. Try it. smile
Posted By: Will Josef Re: The One Without - 02/10/21 08:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
LOL. Nothing wrong with my neck (except maybe it's a little skinny). It's NECK dancing. Try it. smile

Sorry for being slow thinking... I understand it now... smile
© PG Music Forums