PG Music Home
Posted By: Janice & Bud Wild Women - 01/25/21 11:27 PM
Wild Women

Wild Women (public domain) was recorded in 1924 by Ida Cox -- the uncrowned queen of the blues. This is a departure from the original arrangement and melody but the lyrics are the same - a nearly 100 year old woman's lib statement! Our objective was a 30’s “jump blues” vibe with the piano centric rhythm and bass fiddle along with a bit of a modern sound. This safe link is a very short article about Ida Cox and well worth a minute of your time.
Thanks to PG Music, Peter and, yeah, Janice the Wild Woman smile Lyric below and on SC. Thanks for your time and comments are most welcome!

Note: Artists own all rights to their original interpretations of public domain songs.

Janice: Lead and BGVs
Peter: Guitar solos
Bud: Bass

Vocals: Rodes NT1 mic > Scarlett 212 > Nectar 3

Guitar Solos: What Peter does smile

Bass: An old Kay upright > MXL mic > Waves Bass Rider > Neutron 3

Drums: RealDrums BluesRockShuffle > Waves CLA Drums
Snare: RealDrums BluesRockShuffle > Neutron 3 > 140 EMT plate reverb sim

Guitar Rhythm: RealTrack 421: Electric, Rhythm
Blues Sw 120 > Waves CLA Guitar

Piano: MIDI SuperTracks 1800 Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130 > Logic Pro Grand Steinway > Logic Pro Direction Mixer > Waves CLA Unplugged

Logic Pro X: vocal recording, mix and mastering

Mastering: Logic EQ > Waves LinMB > Ozone 9 Maximizer > Ozone Tonal Balance 2 > Logic Pro Loudness Meter

Wild Women
© Trad Arr B. Merritt, J. Merritt & P. Fulham

I hear these women raving 'bout their cheatin’ men
About their trifling husbands and their no good friends
These poor women sit around all day and moan
Wondering why their wandering papa's don't come home
But wild women don't worry, wild women don't have no blues

Now when you've got a man, don't never be on the square
'Cause if you do he'll have a woman everywhere
I never was known to treat no one man right
I keep 'em working hard both day and night
'Cause wild women don't worry, wild women don't have their blues

I've got a disposition and a way of my own
When my man starts kicking I let him find another home
I get full of good liquor, walk the streets all night
Go home and put my man out if he don't act right
Wild women don't worry, wild women don't have their blues

You never get nothing by being an angel child
You better change your ways and get real wild
I wanna tell you something, I wouldn't tell you a lie
Wild women are the only kind that really get by
'Cause wild women don't worry, wild women don't have their blues
Posted By: ROG Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 08:37 AM
Hi J&B + Peter,

"Wild women don't have no blues" - brilliant.

What fun! Loved the whole feel of the track - very full of
life and humour and sounding like a live band.

All the usual excellent performances from Janice and Peter, but
eclipsed this time by Bud's spectacular upright bass. Just fabulous, Bud.

Great song, great arrangement, great mix.

Wonderful.

ROG.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 12:31 PM
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi J&B + Peter,

"Wild women don't have no blues" - brilliant.

What fun! Loved the whole feel of the track - very full of
life and humour and sounding like a live band.

All the usual excellent performances from Janice and Peter, but
eclipsed this time by Bud's spectacular upright bass. Just fabulous, Bud.

Great song, great arrangement, great mix.

Wonderful.

ROG.

Thanks for all Rog! Your are too kind regarding the bass. About all I do is thump out the old walking lines I used back in the bluegrass days and all near the nut too. Fingers would need calluses and hands would need a lot of playing to get back in the groove. And too many other things to do but I certainly do appreciate you saying that.

J&B
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 12:35 PM
Great Collab super vocal love the harmony's peter great job and great bass and mix thanks for sharing Eric
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 03:21 PM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Great Collab super vocal love the harmony's peter great job and great bass and mix thanks for sharing Eric

Thanks for both listening and commenting Eric.

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 06:18 PM
Now, is this a terrific song or what??!! I say terrific song without a hesitation.

First, Peter does what he does so danged good! A real musical treasure with a guitar in his hand.

Janice is obviously the main reason the microphone was invented. Love those background voices she slips in.

A philosophical question: in the line, Wild women don't have the blues", is that the same as "Wild women don't haver a conscience"? Just wonder and being silly.

Whoever did that bassline deserves a raise. He's better than really good.

And as always, the mix sits perfectly from left to right, top to bottom and front to rear.

A cool song that's really hot! Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: MarioD Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 06:41 PM
Janice's vocal = outstanding as usual
Peter's guitar = outstanding as usual
Bud's bass = outstanding = love that walking bass. Bud you should play more often.
Mix = outstanding as usual

This is fantastic. If I heard this in a record store I would buy it on the spot.

You three are fantastic together and pro all the way. Keep those songs coming.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 07:50 PM
J&B and Peter,
Love the lyrics-timeless attitude!
Not being familiar with the original, I`d say this was written for Janice; a wonderful vocal.
Everything works- great edgy guitar breaks and the drum sound is felt as well as heard.
Fantastic revival work.

Robert
Posted By: dcuny Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 10:50 PM
Thanks for the music history lesson.

The whole band sounds great - excellent mix, clear and balanced. Everything sounds good, from the lead vocals to that hot guitarist you've got there.

Nice work on that bouncy bass line! The Kay bass sounds a lot better than their cello!

I really enjoyed this - so much I went played several times! It feels like a funhouse ride each time! :
Posted By: rayc Re: Wild Women - 01/26/21 11:09 PM
Yes, fantastic guitar Peter, yup fabulous vocal performances Janice and wow oh wow a fanmazing capture of the upright bass: it has the punch and thud I'd expect if I were at the front of the stage.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 06:09 AM
Great job as always, musicmaking at its best. I always enjoy the Bonnie Raitt doppelganger's singing and all the great ear candy around it. Doesn't get any better than this. Thanks!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 08:29 AM
Listened to this little gem a while back. Love the arrangement and everyone's performance!

Nice to listen again after reading your production notes, especially interested in your drum treatment! Did you actually strip out all the snare hits from the realdrum track? Sounds great BTW.
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 11:14 AM
You guys have this blues thing together. I enjoyed the song and a good job by everyone.

I do appreciate that you take the time to find these old songs and redo them to give them a new life. Kinda like music historians and restorers.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 01:42 PM
What a cool song. Engaging right from the start. Lovely vocal Janice. Boy an upright bass. How cool is that. Peters guitar was excellent. Perfect for the song. And as always just loved the mix and production. Well done
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
Now, is this a terrific song or what??!! I say terrific song without a hesitation.

First, Peter does what he does so danged good! A real musical treasure with a guitar in his hand.

Janice is obviously the main reason the microphone was invented. Love those background voices she slips in.

A philosophical question: in the line, Wild women don't have the blues", is that the same as "Wild women don't haver a conscience"? Just wonder and being silly.

Whoever did that bassline deserves a raise. He's better than really good.

And as always, the mix sits perfectly from left to right, top to bottom and front to rear.

A cool song that's really hot! Take care ...

Alan

We've said it many times Al -- You are too kind! But we'll take it smile

"A cool song that's really hot" is nice compliment and has hook possibilities!

We appreciate every word of your review and Bud was humbled by your comment on the bass.

Thank you!

J&B
Posted By: furry Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 08:01 PM
A FOOT THUMPER FROM THE FIRST BAR. BRILLIANT ALL ROUNDER GUYS
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 08:34 PM
Fantastic! Everyone was right on the mark. What a great remake of a very old song. Vocals, instrumentation (including BIAB) and the mix, all top notch. Congrats to all of you.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 09:23 PM
"You never get nothing by being an angel child
You better change your ways and get real wild"

I love those lyrics... what a good find you did here and it is a nice interpretation of that song.

The lyrics are very much putting words on how I always thought the 20's were... wild life, lots of partying, experimenting, etc. Those years gave us dadaism, surrealism and many more interesting art forms.

I wonder if this century's 20's will be a kind of the same, because we have Cuvid-19 and they had The Spanish Flu in the beginning of the decade... and I think people have been isolated for so long now that we all are desperate to get out and party "wild" smile

Thanks for sharing,
Will
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Wild Women - 01/27/21 10:53 PM
What a fabulous interpretation of a great old song. Had me doing a little chair dancing as I listened (several times). Peter sounds right in the zone, Bud's bass is right there with him, and I'll have to get out the thesaurus to try and come up with some new superlatives to describe Janice's singing. Suffice to say the queen of the showcase more than does justice to the uncrowned queen of the blues! (I'd not heard of Ida Cox so enjoyed checking her out, thanks.)
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Wild Women - 01/28/21 03:09 AM
well THAT was fun! I think that's the first of your songs in which I got to hear Bud play bass! And the tempo was so good I would never have caught it if Rog hadn't pointed it out in his reply! Just awesome to hear all of you collaborating on this, what great performances all around!

The public domain approach works well for y'all.. you get songs that are well written, have stood the test of time, and there's nobody to sue you when you make your version! Winning!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Wild Women - 01/28/21 07:14 AM
Hi Janice, Bud & Peter,

well that made it clear: Bud, you better toe the line...

Seriously, that's another awesome tune - there's nothing but a good blues shuffle anyway, but this one stands out. Again..

Love the write a lot, love the arrangement a lot. And again I'm a sucker for your vocals, Janice - both lead and background vocals are absolutely top-notch.

And Peter, I always enjoy your playing, but these solo parts are outstanding, marvellous, I think..

And like always everything sounds brilliant, Bud, crystal-clear, yet with the drive the tune deserves. Great fun, great listen!!!

Take care, stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Wild Women - 01/28/21 07:26 AM
Hi Janice and Bud,

Are you already walking next to your shoes after all these compliments you have received on this forum (and -of course- in the rest of the world)?
Well hold on, I also have some big compliments for your performance of this song.
This very swinging, humorous song put a smile on my face. And that's a huge achievement (no, that's a joke).
As allways the vocals are outstanding, but have I told you you sound a bit like John Lennon? ;-)

I enjoyed it all the way and beyond,
Hans
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Wild Women - 01/28/21 09:49 AM
J&B&P...

It has gotten to point of being hard to say anything that hasn't already been said... so I'll simply repeat...

As Good As It Gets.

Y'all just keep getting better (if that is even possible).

Janice IS a STAR. Period.

Peter's guitar fits perfectly. Nice solo.

And Bud's Bass is a delight!

Stellar mix. Snappy snare!! Nice piano, too...

Superb.

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto...

fj
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/28/21 03:26 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Bud's bass = outstanding = love that walking bass. Bud you should play more often.

This is fantastic. If I heard this in a record store I would buy it on the spot.

Thanks! It was a fun project. Bud appreciated the mention of the bass fiddle.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B and Peter,
Love the lyrics-timeless attitude!
Not being familiar with the original, I`d say this was written for Janice; a wonderful vocal.
Everything works- great edgy guitar breaks and the drum sound is felt as well as heard.
Fantastic revival work.

Robert

Thanks Robert! It's always fun to attempt a decent revival of a 100 year old tune. Glad you
felt we did it justice.

J&B
Posted By: tommyad Re: Wild Women - 01/28/21 06:47 PM
Now Janice is surely deserving of all the accolades that have come her way, but dammit man she was born to do this! Some very tasty guitar work from Peter and Bud’s bass lines put the swing in this thing. I’ve got a feeling the old Kay is going to be seeing a lot more action now that we have uncovered these major contributions from the new bass man on the block. Super mix. The clarity is exceptional with everything is where it should be. This is remarkable music that should be on everyone’s playlist. Well done, Tom
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/28/21 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Thanks for the music history lesson.

The whole band sounds great - excellent mix, clear and balanced. Everything sounds good, from the lead vocals to that hot guitarist you've got there.

Nice work on that bouncy bass line! The Kay bass sounds a lot better than their cello!

I really enjoyed this - so much I went played several times! It feels like a funhouse ride each time! :

Thanks for the listens! Glad it all worked for you. Yeah those old Kay Swingmasters have a nice tone unlike many of their products - got mine 40 years ago. Did they really make a cello?

Appreciate it all.

J&B
Posted By: PeterF Re: Wild Women - 01/29/21 01:57 AM
Thanks all for the comments on the guitar part.
It was an inspired choice by Bud & Janice to resurrect this old blues.

Here is a link to the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FVFjbRfSuY

Janice's vocal arrangement was brilliant and what can I say about Bud's bass that hasn't already been said!
A great 1,5 1,5 !:)

Peter
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/29/21 11:10 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Yes, fantastic guitar Peter, yup fabulous vocal performances Janice and wow oh wow a fanmazing capture of the upright bass: it has the punch and thud I'd expect if I were at the front of the stage.

Thanks Ray. Your support of the bass track is greatly appreciated!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/29/21 11:13 AM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great job as always, musicmaking at its best. I always enjoy the Bonnie Raitt doppelganger's singing and all the great ear candy around it. Doesn't get any better than this. Thanks!

Thanks for all. The Raitt commented was hugely appreciated by Janice! A big smile over the morning coffee. Doppelgänger hahahaha!

J&B
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Wild Women - 01/29/21 11:45 AM
There you guys go again making it look so easy! I've run out of accolades to offer up for Janice's excellent vocals! She is great! Peter's guitar sounds extra good on this....loved that tone and hey, that bass is pretty good too! Take care, T
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/29/21 03:02 PM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Listened to this little gem a while back. Love the arrangement and everyone's performance!

Nice to listen again after reading your production notes, especially interested in your drum treatment! Did you actually strip out all the snare hits from the realdrum track? Sounds great BTW.

Thanks Dave! See my email re drums. Glad you liked it.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/29/21 07:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
You guys have this blues thing together. I enjoyed the song and a good job by everyone.

I do appreciate that you take the time to find these old songs and redo them to give them a new life. Kinda like music historians and restorers.

Thanks Herb. We do love history and restorations so as you mentioned PD songs fit right in. Glad you liked the tune!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/30/21 10:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
What a cool song. Engaging right from the start. Lovely vocal Janice. Boy an upright bass. How cool is that. Peters guitar was excellent. Perfect for the song. And as always just loved the mix and production. Well done

Thanks Scott!

J&B
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Wild Women - 01/30/21 03:36 PM
I like Wild Women wink

All of the Janices sound great.
Nice job of pulling the band together on this one.

You guys are doing some real fine stuff.

Loved it.

moto
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/30/21 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By: furry
A FOOT THUMPER FROM THE FIRST BAR. BRILLIANT ALL ROUNDER GUYS

Thanks ... glad to get the foot thumpin'!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/31/21 11:38 AM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Fantastic! Everyone was right on the mark. What a great remake of a very old song. Vocals, instrumentation (including BIAB) and the mix, all top notch. Congrats to all of you.

Thanks for the spin and comments!

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Wild Women - 01/31/21 05:54 PM

I thins OUTSTANDING pretty much sums it up!!! Another gem from a top PG created band!!! Here's to Wild Women!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 01/31/21 11:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
"You never get nothing by being an angel child
You better change your ways and get real wild"

I love those lyrics... what a good find you did here and it is a nice interpretation of that song.

The lyrics are very much putting words on how I always thought the 20's were... wild life, lots of partying, experimenting, etc. Those years gave us dadaism, surrealism and many more interesting art forms.

I wonder if this century's 20's will be a kind of the same, because we have Cuvid-19 and they had The Spanish Flu in the beginning of the decade... and I think people have been isolated for so long now that we all are desperate to get out and party "wild" smile

Thanks for sharing,
Will

Thanks Will. Each year on Jan 1 as more songs enter the PD we search for possibilities. We were delighted to find this one and are glad you like it.

Your take on the Spanish Flu, COVID-19 and what art forms arose in the 20’s was very thought provoking. Thanks for mentioning it.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 02/01/21 01:24 PM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
What a fabulous interpretation of a great old song. Had me doing a little chair dancing as I listened (several times). Peter sounds right in the zone, Bud's bass is right there with him, and I'll have to get out the thesaurus to try and come up with some new superlatives to describe Janice's singing. Suffice to say the queen of the showcase more than does justice to the uncrowned queen of the blues! (I'd not heard of Ida Cox so enjoyed checking her out, thanks.)
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon. Your are very kind to say all of that. And, yes, there are a lot of hidden gems in the PD world...and the US adds another batch each Jan 1. We appreciate your support!

J&B
Posted By: dani48 Re: Wild Women - 02/01/21 06:24 PM
Hi, Bud & Janice & Peter !

Wild ! I always loved wild women
but then again I may get scared
if they are too wild ?

Now, this was again something
outstanding seen from every
aspect, music, playing, mixing and
Janice´s voice so perfect for
this genré !

I can only say WOW !!!

Cheers
Dani
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Wild Women - 02/01/21 09:07 PM
All sounds good here.

Peter's intro with the descending line hooks for sure. The guitar solo evokes a "wild woman" strutting her stuff.

Janice's vocal is flawless with just the right amount of sultriness in it.

Mix is balanced and each instrument is distinctively placed.
Posted By: musician17 Re: Wild Women - 02/02/21 04:00 AM
Oh wow :-) What's there to say? I won't say anything on this one ... whatever I'd say wouldn't do it justice. Just hats off to each one of you. THIS is how it's done, children ... watch and learn :-)
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Wild Women - 02/02/21 11:59 AM
Oh, wow. You guys are the best!! Seriously, man, I'd wait in a long line, even sleep in that line, just to make sure I got a ticket to your show. So much entertainment in every note. You guys have so much fun and it's very contagious.
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Wild Women - 02/02/21 02:22 PM
Wow, I am in Awe, I could listen to this all day, fantastic song!!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 02/03/21 12:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
well THAT was fun! I think that's the first of your songs in which I got to hear Bud play bass! And the tempo was so good I would never have caught it if Rog hadn't pointed it out in his reply! Just awesome to hear all of you collaborating on this, what great performances all around!

The public domain approach works well for y'all.. you get songs that are well written, have stood the test of time, and there's nobody to sue you when you make your version! Winning!

Thanks Pat and your mentioned of the bass is appreciated. You are so right regarding PD songs. There are a lot of gems out there. We three appreciate your comments very much!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 02/03/21 08:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hi Janice, Bud & Peter,

well that made it clear: Bud, you better toe the line...

Seriously, that's another awesome tune - there's nothing but a good blues shuffle anyway, but this one stands out. Again..

Love the write a lot, love the arrangement a lot. And again I'm a sucker for your vocals, Janice - both lead and background vocals are absolutely top-notch.

And Peter, I always enjoy your playing, but these solo parts are outstanding, marvellous, I think..

And like always everything sounds brilliant, Bud, crystal-clear, yet with the drive the tune deserves. Great fun, great listen!!!

Take care, stay safe,

Stefan

Thanks Stefan. We know you are a blues man and that makes your comments all the special. We appreciate your support!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Janice and Bud,

Are you already walking next to your shoes after all these compliments you have received on this forum (and -of course- in the rest of the world)?
Well hold on, I also have some big compliments for your performance of this song.
This very swinging, humorous song put a smile on my face. And that's a huge achievement (no, that's a joke).
As allways the vocals are outstanding, but have I told you you sound a bit like John Lennon? ;-)

I enjoyed it all the way and beyond,
Hans

You do sound like him Hans...OK we said it again. Well as long as it’s not like Yoko. smile

Thanks for listening and we ALWAYS look forward to your comments!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 02/03/21 08:55 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
J&B&P...

It has gotten to point of being hard to say anything that hasn't already been said... so I'll simply repeat...

As Good As It Gets.

Y'all just keep getting better (if that is even possible).

Janice IS a STAR. Period.

Peter's guitar fits perfectly. Nice solo.

And Bud's Bass is a delight!

Stellar mix. Snappy snare!! Nice piano, too...

Superb.

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto...

fj

Thanks mr jane! We all three much appreciate every word and Bud thanks you for the bass and mix comments.

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 02/03/21 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Now Janice is surely deserving of all the accolades that have come her way, but dammit man she was born to do this! Some very tasty guitar work from Peter and Bud’s bass lines put the swing in this thing. I’ve got a feeling the old Kay is going to be seeing a lot more action now that we have uncovered these major contributions from the new bass man on the block. Super mix. The clarity is exceptional with everything is where it should be. This is remarkable music that should be on everyone’s playlist. Well done, Tom

You are too kind Tom but we ain’t gonna turn it down!

Janice was smiling big time when she read this and Bud much appreciated you mentioning the old Kay. And a mix compliment from you is golden. Thanks!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 02/03/21 10:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
There you guys go again making it look so easy! I've run out of accolades to offer up for Janice's excellent vocals! She is great! Peter's guitar sounds extra good on this....loved that tone and hey, that bass is pretty good too! Take care, T

Thanks Torrey. Appreciate the bass mention!

J&B

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
I like Wild Women wink

All of the Janices sound great.
Nice job of pulling the band together on this one.

You guys are doing some real fine stuff.

Loved it.

moto

All the Janices smile Thanks for the positive comments!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 02/04/21 09:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

I thins OUTSTANDING pretty much sums it up!!! Another gem from a top PG created band!!! Here's to Wild Women!!! Take care. Greg

Thank you Greg.

J&B

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Bud & Janice & Peter !

Wild ! I always loved wild women
but then again I may get scared
if they are too wild ?

Now, this was again something
outstanding seen from every
aspect, music, playing, mixing and
Janice´s voice so perfect for
this genré !

I can only say WOW !!!

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani. Be careful with those wild women smile

J&B

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
All sounds good here.

Peter's intro with the descending line hooks for sure. The guitar solo evokes a "wild woman" strutting her stuff.

Janice's vocal is flawless with just the right amount of sultriness in it.

Mix is balanced and each instrument is distinctively placed.

Thanks! Peter is excellent at supporting vocals and lyrics with his playing.

J&B

Originally Posted By: musician17
Oh wow :-) What's there to say? I won't say anything on this one ... whatever I'd say wouldn't do it justice. Just hats off to each one of you. THIS is how it's done, children ... watch and learn :-)

Thank you very much!

J&B

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Oh, wow. You guys are the best!! Seriously, man, I'd wait in a long line, even sleep in that line, just to make sure I got a ticket to your show. So much entertainment in every note. You guys have so much fun and it's very contagious.

Thanks! It is fun.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Ronnie Fields
Wow, I am in Awe, I could listen to this all day, fantastic song!!

Thank you Ronnie
Posted By: Derochette Re: Wild Women - 02/08/21 12:43 PM
Hi Janice & Bud,

It's always nice to listen to your compositions. It's super well done and Janice's voice still looks pretty. Well done.

Kindly regard
Take care of yourself

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Wild Women - 02/11/21 06:36 PM
Whoa...you know you're late to the party when the previous guest left 2 days prior!

FIRST IMPRESSION-before I even heard it was the cover art! I'm not gonna lie, I was worried. The red, the devilish smile...dare I push play? OF COURSE!

It's hard to believe this would have been written that far back. Those are some very progressive lyrics for that time. I mean, it's one thing to have an opinion like given when this was. But to actually put out a song took a pretty strong conviction. I'm sure there were some gasps and judgement from this. Still shaking my head that she had the guts to stand on principle. All in a, in my opinion, fun song. I'm not sure I've ever heard a blues song singing about not having the blues before. Maybe?

I could heap the same praise I always do for you three. I mean, it sounds great in ever aspect that I routinely mention from you works. Every part from photo, to mixing, to performances very strong. Together, unstoppable. I don't believe I have ever disliked something you have done. I'm not sure I can say that about many artists at all.

Thank you for giving me something to look forward to listening to; then delivering another great performance!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Wild Women - 02/12/21 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Janice & Bud,

It's always nice to listen to your compositions. It's super well done and Janice's voice still looks pretty. Well done.

Kindly regard
Take care of yourself

Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Whoa...you know you're late to the party when the previous guest left 2 days prior!

FIRST IMPRESSION-before I even heard it was the cover art! I'm not gonna lie, I was worried. The red, the devilish smile...dare I push play? OF COURSE!

It's hard to believe this would have been written that far back. Those are some very progressive lyrics for that time. I mean, it's one thing to have an opinion like given when this was. But to actually put out a song took a pretty strong conviction. I'm sure there were some gasps and judgement from this. Still shaking my head that she had the guts to stand on principle. All in a, in my opinion, fun song. I'm not sure I've ever heard a blues song singing about not having the blues before. Maybe?

I could heap the same praise I always do for you three. I mean, it sounds great in ever aspect that I routinely mention from you works. Every part from photo, to mixing, to performances very strong. Together, unstoppable. I don't believe I have ever disliked something you have done. I'm not sure I can say that about many artists at all.

Thank you for giving me something to look forward to listening to; then delivering another great performance!

Yowzers! Thank you Chad for ALL of that ... we are so glad you decided to push play!

Yes, Ida Cox was an amazing woman and we are most exited to have learned more about her. And that lyric is all hers.

We appreciate your supportive remarks on the photo, the mix and the performances. A lot!

J&B
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Wild Women - 02/14/21 10:39 PM
Janice & Bud and Peter,

Peter's arrangement for the public domain song is amazing.
Janice's vocal is outstanding as usual.
I'm also impressed with how to make this drum sounds.
Everything is nicely blended for a great performance.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
© PG Music Forums