PG Music Home
Posted By: Barry F. Peck Four Footed Friends - 01/26/21 04:11 PM
Four Footed Friends

My tribute to pets.

I built the song in BIAB and finished the tracks in Studio One. I played the guitar solo at the intro and break and the string background starting at the break.

The style I used for this song was _CELTICUS.STY. I used the following RealTracks:
Bass=1106 Banjo=1105 Harmonica=2859 Guitar=1108 Guitar=1109 Piano=1188 Drums=NashClassicWaltzSW Fiddle=1107

Below is the link to my song Four Footed Friends:
https://youtu.be/35PMar-uwMs
Posted By: Al-David Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/26/21 05:57 PM
Barry ...

A very nice tribute to a furry loved ones. We have a mini Dachshund. She was given to us just before our son passed away, so she's pretty special. Nice playing and a really sweet lyric. The mix is perfectly balanced. I enjoyed my listen a lot.

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: Barry F. Peck Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/26/21 06:39 PM
Thank you Alan. I really appreciate your comments.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/26/21 06:52 PM
Loved it. Great song, super vocal and video, all in the perfect mix.

We always have had dogs. Today we have two [*****]-Tzus so I can really relate to this song. You put into music how we feel about our pets.

Excellent work!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/26/21 09:01 PM
What a cool song. I enjoyed it.

I've got a dog.... Lilly. Many of the folks here know her story..... I'll just say that she's my buddy and goes almost everywhere with me. She's a certified HRD K9 and we are a team. She's a most amazing dog.

Loved the song.
Posted By: Barry F. Peck Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/29/21 02:50 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: Barry F. Peck Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/29/21 02:51 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/29/21 03:40 PM
Hey Barry! I liked that a lot!

In my opinion, using video to engage more of the listener's senses is a good idea whenever it makes sense to do so... and especially in this case, pictures of cute animals are bound to generate a whole separate home run. When you combine an interesting song and a well made video, the end product benefits from the extra work you put into the production. Given the choice between listening to an audio-only tune or an audio-visual production, I'll pick the video first every time.

I look forward to hearing/seeing more from you!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/30/21 04:21 PM
I really enjoyed this! laugh

Honestly, I wasn't sure I'd like this song when I clicked it. I figured it would be maudlin and cute.

Which, of course, it is.

But it was also catchy, really cleverly written, self-aware of the genre, and made nice use of alliteration.

I mention this as a compliment that you've won me over despite my entirely unreasonable predisposition to not enjoy the song.

I was happy to be proven wrong, and in such a big way. laugh

And since I was thinking "Cats don't come when we call", so you get an extra star for addressing that! (As well as a number of other questions, both theological and silly). grin
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/30/21 10:01 PM
We all need some friends.

Nice little tribute to those that are the most loyal.

Nicely done.

moto
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Four Footed Friends - 01/30/21 10:24 PM
"There's no way to convince them to get off of the bed." Ain't that the truth.

This is a good sing along song.

Your lyrics are spot on about our beloved critters.
Posted By: Barry F. Peck Re: Four Footed Friends - 02/01/21 02:37 PM
Thanks Pat! I usually look for the songs that have videos too. I like the videos that contain the lyrics. I'll watch it the first time for the pictures and then watch it again and read the lyrics.
Posted By: Barry F. Peck Re: Four Footed Friends - 02/01/21 02:42 PM
Thank you David for the comments! We have two stubborn cats and I'm not even convinced they know they have names. If they do they never let on.
Posted By: Barry F. Peck Re: Four Footed Friends - 02/01/21 02:44 PM
Thank you Ezekiel!
Posted By: furry Re: Four Footed Friends - 02/01/21 05:04 PM
Loved the song Barry. Beautifully written. Ours leaves the gifts on our doorstep LOL LOL
© PG Music Forums