PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David A Visit With George - 01/30/21 11:20 PM
A Visit With George

I put this together earlier today.

A little backstory: As most of the long-time members on the forum know, Di (my wife) had a major, debilitating stroke a few years ago. She's also significantly disabled. She almost died twice over the past 30 months or so (not COVID-19) and her health is very poor. That's why she hasn't sung anything new for the past three or four years. When she was in the hospital the two times after the stroke, the doctors gave her, at most, a 30% chance of surviving. But she did, both times.

Those were some pretty dark days. For comfort, I would go home from the hospital and put on some easy music - often George Benson. Regardless of the state of mind I was in, every time a George Benson song played, it made me smile and gave me a sense of comfort. Those were my "Visits With George". So, thinking back on all that, I put this together. It just felt good to do so.

If interested, this was my approach to creating the song:

I tried to "frame" the guitar by using what I call the "shadow box method". The two rhythm guitars are panned l/r at 28 separation on each side respectively, slightly behind the piano in the mix. The electric piano is panned slightly wider than the rhythm guitars. I then centered the lead guitar and placed it between the rhythm guitars and the EP in the depth of the mix. I then introduced the vibes in the first chorus to fill out and expand the background ambience. I dropped the vibes back somewhat in the second verse and brought them back up in the second chorus.

I created a new chord arrangement for the style (leaving the chord pattern in the chorus about 70% the same as the style demo) added the lead guitar, replaced the drums and bass. I added a small amount of echo/delay to the lead guitar. I tried to mix the new bass track such that it was solid but not overbearing. I placed the new drums slightly more forward in the mix than some Smooth Jazz pieces, but it sounded somewhat better to me as such. This is where all that ended up. About 6 hours of work.

Hope you enjoy it.

Alan

File:A Visit With George.SGU

Key=D , Tempo 75, Length (m:s)=2:59

Style is _LAYBACK.STY (Lay Back Atmospheric Lounge Funk)

RealTracks in song: ~1636:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: ~1639:Piano, Electric, Rhythm JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075
RealTracks in style: 3331:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm JazzyPop16thsMark Ev16 080
RealTracks in style: 3329:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm LoungeFunkSwells Ev16 080
RealTracks in song: 2816:Guitar, Electric, Soloist SmoothSoulSlowBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 3765:Vibes, Rhythm PopBallad Ev 085
RealDrums [in Song:NashvillePop16^1-a:Snare, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 04:20 AM
Al, you nailed it from the first note.

Thanks for sharing the story behind your production, this really helps to put the song together even more perfectly.

Music is the universal language. And you have communicated so much in this delivery. Quite outstanding. Everything sits together so remarkably well. "Quite Excellent"
Posted By: Crossroads Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 07:09 AM
Hello Alan,

I had hoped I might be the first to comment on this marvellous tune you put together in that short amount of time. What the heck, you can't be always the first...

It's Sunday morning over hear (softly snowing), so I have more time today than I had when I wrote my last comment.

Of course I have known about Di's poor health but I had not known that she suffered from stroke - what a terrible fate - as a former SLP I treated hundreds of stroke patients with aphasia in my active years and I therefore know all about the sufferings that are caused by this devilish disease. You know that Maha's and my thoughts are with you - you're both very bravel< managing the neverending consequences.

Having heard some songs with Di as the singer I can only repeat that it's a pity second to none that she is no longer able to delight the world with her infinite talent.

Speaking about talent: You just can't hide yours, too, dude ! What a lovely George Benson tribute that is. Yes, his way of playing is immortal and Brent surely picked it up impressively well (like he seems to be a genious with every style anyway).

Thanks for the interesting info on how you put the mix together and how you exchanged single instruments. As good as those ready-to-use styles may be, it's sgreat that we have the possibility to customize them.

Alan, again so good !!!!!

best regards to Di - take good care of each other and stay safe,

Stefan
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 01:01 PM
Outstanding and well arranged love this super tone and phrases very well done thanks Alan for sharing Eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 01:26 PM
Oh ya this is George all the way!

Excellent choice in RTs that were mixed to perfection.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 04:35 PM
Alan, this is just PHENOMENAL! I love everything about it... the chords, instrumentation, mix, everything!

I share your appreciation for George Benson's music, it calms me the same way it calms you. (Unfortunately, it also makes me want to cut off my fingers with a butter knife, but that's a whole different discussion.)

Thanks for the details about how you approached the project.. that's the sort of thing that makes this forum so useful! I appreciate it when people aren't stingy about sharing their knowledge!

Having been away from the forum for so long, I was NOT aware of Di's health changing events. Please tell her I said "hello" and that I remember and cherish the gracious hospitality she showed me when I visited y'all a few years ago. Y'all have been through some stuff, haven't you? I can't even imagine the strength required to get to where you are.

Keep the music coming, I'm already listening for the next one!
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 06:10 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Al, you nailed it from the first note.

Thanks for sharing the story behind your production, this really helps to put the song together even more perfectly.

Music is the universal language. And you have communicated so much in this delivery. Quite outstanding. Everything sits together so remarkably well. "Quite Excellent"

VT ...

Those are some real nice compliments. Thank you very much! Take care.

Alan
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 06:11 PM
Yeah, Benson had a great way to carry you away in a musical cloud!! This really captures his vibe well Alan!! Another instrumental treat!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 06:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Crossroads
Hello Alan,

I had hoped I might be the first to comment on this marvellous tune you put together in that short amount of time. What the heck, you can't be always the first...

It's Sunday morning over hear (softly snowing), so I have more time today than I had when I wrote my last comment.

Of course I have known about Di's poor health but I had not known that she suffered from stroke - what a terrible fate - as a former SLP I treated hundreds of stroke patients with aphasia in my active years and I therefore know all about the sufferings that are caused by this devilish disease. You know that Maha's and my thoughts are with you - you're both very bravel< managing the neverending consequences.

Having heard some songs with Di as the singer I can only repeat that it's a pity second to none that she is no longer able to delight the world with her infinite talent.

Speaking about talent: You just can't hide yours, too, dude ! What a lovely George Benson tribute that is. Yes, his way of playing is immortal and Brent surely picked it up impressively well (like he seems to be a genious with every style anyway).

Thanks for the interesting info on how you put the mix together and how you exchanged single instruments. As good as those ready-to-use styles may be, it's sgreat that we have the possibility to customize them.

Alan, again so good !!!!!

best regards to Di - take good care of each other and stay safe,

Stefan

Stefan ...

Guten Abend, mein fruend! Und, Maha auch.

Where I live now, Alabama, there is hardly ever any snow. Where I grew up, near St. Louis, Missouri, we got snow three or four times each year. Sometimes as much as 20 cm. And when I lived in Germany, we got snow often. I lived near Kaiserslautern, then in Pirmasens, and finally in Wuerzburg.

Thank you for all those nice comments! I appreciate them very, very much. You and Maha are so talented. So, when I get such nice words from you, the mean a lot.

And yes, you and I have spoken about your previous career as an SLP a couple of times in the past. Di's cognitive skills are pretty good. It's more her physical issues that are a problem. I have been diagnosed with anomic aphasia. I'm not sure how to say that in German. I often forget what to call common things. Several months ago, I could not remember the word for keys. All day, I had to say "The thing you use to lock a door or to start a car". I was fine the next day. But I have such episodes every few weeks. Oh well, I could be much worse. So, no complaints!

As far as the approach I used to "assemble" the song, I thought other folks might want to know how I do it. Maybe there's something I said that might be of interest to other composers. "Shadow Box" approach is just a word I use to explain how I layer and place the instruments in the mix. I don't think it's a real musical term - just my way of describing what I do.

As always, it's a true pleasure to hear from you. Please give Maha our very best wishes and hope she continues with her recovery as well as possible.

Wir danken dir fur dein Fruendschaft.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Leon1 Re: A Visit With George - 01/31/21 08:01 PM
Hi Alan
A superb composition, very reminiscent of George Benson (whose music I also find very soothing). All the very best to you and Di.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 03:25 AM
Originally Posted By: F.M.M.
Outstanding and well arranged love this super tone and phrases very well done thanks Alan for sharing Eric

Hi Eric ...

Thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed your listen. Thanks for letting me know. Wishing you the best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 03:26 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Oh ya this is George all the way!

Excellent choice in RTs that were mixed to perfection.

HI Mario ...

Tis always a pleasure when you drop in for a listen and leave a word or two. Thank you very much for the kindness. I appreciate it very much. Stay warm, up there! Best to you, my friend.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 03:35 AM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Alan, this is just PHENOMENAL! I love everything about it... the chords, instrumentation, mix, everything!

I share your appreciation for George Benson's music, it calms me the same way it calms you. (Unfortunately, it also makes me want to cut off my fingers with a butter knife, but that's a whole different discussion.)

Thanks for the details about how you approached the project.. that's the sort of thing that makes this forum so useful! I appreciate it when people aren't stingy about sharing their knowledge!

Having been away from the forum for so long, I was NOT aware of Di's health changing events. Please tell her I said "hello" and that I remember and cherish the gracious hospitality she showed me when I visited y'all a few years ago. Y'all have been through some stuff, haven't you? I can't even imagine the strength required to get to where you are.

Keep the music coming, I'm already listening for the next one!

Hi Pat ...

So,. what does one say in response to such a great review/comment? I sincerely appreciate all that! I'm always quite willing to share whatever I can contribute. But my techniques are quite archaic. I don't even use a DAW. Everything I post is whatever BIAB gives me on the chord input page. I do all my editing there. From the chord input page it goes to Audacity for a little touch-up. Usually, just a little EQ adjustment where needed and a little bit of compression. That5's my complete process: drop in a few chords, select a style, find some tracks, save in a desktop folder, send to Audacity, and save as a WAV file in aforementioned folder. DONE!

It was our pleasure to have you as a guest - no, a friend - in our house. We just moved into a new home we had custom-built. It's a lot nicer than the house we had when you visited.

I'll pass on your kind regards to Di. I'm sure she will appreciate it. Wishing you everything good. Take care.

Alan & Di

PS: I have another waiting in the wings ... a 3/4, very slow Rock Blues. I'll post it when this one disappears from the top page and I have all the comments answered.
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 03:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Yeah, Benson had a great way to carry you away in a musical cloud!! This really captures his vibe well Alan!! Another instrumental treat!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg ...

Many thanks for all that kindness! Sure do appreciate it. And yeah ... that musical cloud has a lot of soft lining. I see him as the contemporary version of Wes Montgomery. Glad you enjoyed the song! Wishing you and yours the very best.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 03:38 AM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Hi Alan
A superb composition, very reminiscent of George Benson (whose music I also find very soothing). All the very best to you and Di.
Regards,
Leon

Hello Leon ...

Many thanks for your very nice comments. They put a smile on my face! And all the best to you, you. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: musician17 Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 01:44 PM
Alan, you are - without a doubt - one of the very most sensitive writers on here. It invariably is a joy when you post something new and I get to listen to it.

I'm so sorry that your wife has the health problems that she has, but am happy that you can turn to music to alleviate the pain. This track is a little pearl that makes the day shine brighter. I am genuinely so grateful that you share these joys with us - thank you and please, whenever you can, keep sharing.
Posted By: tommyad Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 02:19 PM
Alan, this is very well put together. You have certainly found the formula for relaxing, calming jazz with a great sound. The mix is outstanding. Back when I played all the time live I would wind down on the drives home with this easy listening type of music. Much different from what I just finished playing. It worked well. This tune would have also worked well. Good one, Tom
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 02:20 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
Alan, you are - without a doubt - one of the very most sensitive writers on here. It invariably is a joy when you post something new and I get to listen to it.

I'm so sorry that your wife has the health problems that she has, but am happy that you can turn to music to alleviate the pain. This track is a little pearl that makes the day shine brighter. I am genuinely so grateful that you share these joys with us - thank you and please, whenever you can, keep sharing.

James ...

You are so very kind with your words. I sincerely appreciate all you have to say about my music. Di is relatively stable at the moment. But she has left the house but twice since March of last year. Both were medical visits. Thank you for your consideration regarding her well-being.

And yes, music is a cathartic phenomenon. I can immerse myself in it and temporarily let the rest of the world pass on by without interruption.

Again, many thanks for your kindness. Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: jannesan Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 02:45 PM
Really comforting piece, I can imagine those visits. You have created lovely tribute, such a beautiful chording and smooth instrumentation and well balanced mix.

Janne
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Really comforting piece, I can imagine those visits. You have created lovely tribute, such a beautiful chording and smooth instrumentation and well balanced mix.

Janne

Thanks very much, Janne. The visits were'nt very pleasant. But, she came home both times, so it's all good. Glad you liked your listen! Take care. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: vicarn Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 04:50 PM
Hi Alan.
That's pretty smooth sounding.
I'm sure it brings cheer to your wife.

Vic
Posted By: Birchwood Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 04:53 PM
Hi Alan,

I can agree with all the wonderful comments you got on this song!
As I wrote on your SoundCloud page I think George would certainly have loved it, or maybe would have been a a little jealous on that nice guitarplay of yours! We don't know, but both are possible. At least, that's how I felt about it. I never managed to play a leadguitar so easy as you do. Hat off!

Wish Di all the best from the 'Dutchman' and take some of it too,
Hans
Posted By: Ardent Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 04:54 PM
Listening to a 'A Visit With George' provoked memories of many of the most intimate, starry-eyed and sweet feelings that I have expressed to anyone I ever gave my heart to. Your Real Style choice and its accompanying instruments created and sustained a dreamy, timeless ambience that took me to a 'higher plane' of enjoyment of the music. Your technical adjustments to the tracks obviously enhanced the mix, which made each instrument sound clear and distinct, so that the soul just poured right out of them.

I offer my sincerest wishes for your wife's continued well-being, and also for your continued good health as you care for her.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 04:54 PM
Alan,

I knew this would be exceptional before I even clicked on it.
Your usual STELLAR work on instrumentals.
And you are always on the top of your game when you channel George...

Beautiful. Excellent mix. A great listen.

Best to you and DI.

fj
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 06:09 PM
That's a pretty in depth explanation of your mix.
Same can be said for the inspirational story behind it.

I can see why you wanted this done right.

Mission Accomplished!!!

Smooth as George.

My best wished to Di.

moto
Posted By: Tano Music Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 08:40 PM
Wow! This took you ONLY six hours!?! I am impressed at the grasp do you have of the software and the components to do something like this so quickly. What I really like about your work Allen is that you have a definite idea of where you’re going as you develop your projects... The result shows how successful your methodology is! Totally enjoyed my listen!
Posted By: Al-David They paid me qwa - 02/01/21 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Alan, this is very well put together. You have certainly found the formula for relaxing, calming jazz with a great sound. The mix is outstanding. Back when I played all the time live I would wind down on the drives home with this easy listening type of music. Much different from what I just finished playing. It worked well. This tune would have also worked well. Good one, Tom

Hi Tom ...

I remember the days when I played 20 - 30 gigs every month. Loved it! They paid me way too much for the good time I was having but I always accepted it! I often miss those days. But, Di needs to much care and assistance for me to be gone very often. Besides, it's not much of a sacrifice - she's a really cool lady. I enjoy my time with her.

Many thanks for all those comments. They mean a bunch. Best to you & yours.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Hi Alan.
That's pretty smooth sounding.
I'm sure it brings cheer to your wife.

Vic

Good to hear from you, Vic!

Thanks for the listen and the nice comments. Much appreciated. Wishing you the best. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 10:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Alan,

I can agree with all the wonderful comments you got on this song!
As I wrote on your SoundCloud page I think George would certainly have loved it, or maybe would have been a a little jealous on that nice guitarplay of yours! We don't know, but both are possible. At least, that's how I felt about it. I never managed to play a leadguitar so easy as you do. Hat off!

Wish Di all the best from the 'Dutchman' and take some of it too,
Hans

Hello Hans ...

Thank you so much for all those very nice comments! I hope George would at least "Not too bad"! But I seriously doubt he would have been jealous. But that's nice of you to say. That was an RT, not me playing. But once upon a time, I wasn't too bad. I still practice an hour or two almost every day.

Again, thank you very much. You are very kind with your replies! Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 10:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Ardent
Listening to a 'A Visit With George' provoked memories of many of the most intimate, starry-eyed and sweet feelings that I have expressed to anyone I ever gave my heart to. Your Real Style choice and its accompanying instruments created and sustained a dreamy, timeless ambience that took me to a 'higher plane' of enjoyment of the music. Your technical adjustments to the tracks obviously enhanced the mix, which made each instrument sound clear and distinct, so that the soul just poured right out of them.

I offer my sincerest wishes for your wife's continued well-being, and also for your continued good health as you care for her.

Good Evening Ardent ...

Well, you certainly made me smile with your wonderful accolades. I appreciate that very, very much. There's no finer compliment than a fellow musician saying your work brought them joy or comfort. I am humbled it!!! And thank you for your well wishes for Di. I will pass them on to her. Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 10:38 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

I knew this would be exceptional before I even clicked on it.
Your usual STELLAR work on instrumentals.
And you are always on the top of your game when you channel George...

Beautiful. Excellent mix. A great listen.

Best to you and DI.

fj

Floyd ...

I'm always at a loss to reply to your wonderful reviews of my music. Thank you hardly seems adequate. All I can say beyond that is I am humbled and very pleased to read your reviews. Thank you many times over. Best to you & yours. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 10:40 PM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
That's a pretty in depth explanation of your mix.
Same can be said for the inspirational story behind it.

I can see why you wanted this done right.

Mission Accomplished!!!

Smooth as George.

My best wished to Di.

moto

Hello Moto ...

Many thanks for all that kindness! You put a smile on old guy's face. Will be 74 next month. Yikes!!! You are too kind. But I'll find a way to deal with it. Thanks again. I'll pass on your greetings to Di. Best to youo & take care.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 10:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
Wow! This took you ONLY six hours!?! I am impressed at the grasp do you have of the software and the components to do something like this so quickly. What I really like about your work Allen is that you have a definite idea of where you’re going as you develop your projects... The result shows how successful your methodology is! Totally enjoyed my listen!

Hello Tano ...

Sincere thanks for your kind remarks. I'll probably die with a guitar guitar in my hand. That would be just fine!

With every song I write, there's a movie playing in my brain's cinema - literally. I evaluate that movie and look for the elements that make it "work". I notice the spatial placement of everything and translate that into my mix formula.

I almost always have a general idea in mind when I start. As I progress with the assembly of the song, I let that guide me to the finer points. Also, most of my posts have been created in a 3 to 12 hour time allotment. Not because I've set those limits ... because that what it takes me to achieve my goal most of the time.

Being philosophical for a minute, when I start to write anything - be it a song or a novel - I do not have the thought of perfection as a goal. In the past when I did, I found my finished products were sterile or uninteresting. I now simply work for a good sound (music) or a good story (novels). My ears and my imagination are my guides. Once I've rewritten a musical passage, or scene in a novel, several times and it sounds/reads no better, I accept I have improved the product as much as my talents will allow. I don't fret about what I wasn't able to accomplish. I know the limits of my abilities and work within them. As such, I rarely get frustrated. I'm pretty pragmatic - deal with the tools I have. And I'm good with that.

Anyway, that's probably a lot more than you wanted to read. Again, many thanks for your kindness to my music and your constant support. Wishing you everything good. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Henry Clarke Re: A Visit With George - 02/01/21 11:11 PM
What a GREAT PERFORMANCE !!!! Love this song. You no me. I just listen to the song in it's entirety. This is just flat out great !! - Henry
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/02/21 12:17 AM
Henry ...

Yes, just let me hear something that makes my ears smile. Thank you so much. I truly appreciate those wonderful comments. Wes Montgomery and George Benson are two of my very favorite guitarists for jazz. There's also a guy in Japan I like a lot. Tak Matsumoto. In country music, I'm pretty big on Brent Mason and Jimmy Capps. Fred Newell also comes to mind.

Again, many thanks. Best to you.

Alan
Posted By: dcuny Re: A Visit With George - 02/02/21 03:14 AM
Yep, you nailed the Benson "vibe", which made for a nice bit of listening.

You always get a good soundstage, which you touch on in your comments. And getting RealTracks to sound cohesive is also a knack that you've got.

So yes - I enjoyed it! laugh
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/02/21 07:00 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Yep, you nailed the Benson "vibe", which made for a nice bit of listening.

You always get a good soundstage, which you touch on in your comments. And getting RealTracks to sound cohesive is also a knack that you've got.

So yes - I enjoyed it! laugh

David ...

Thank you very much for those super comments. I'm delighted that my efforts end up with something decent to listen to. I went a little deeper with my comments regarding this song than I usually do. And I will for the next one, also. But after that, probably not so much - don't want to bore everyone to death.

Thanks again. Wishing you the very best.

Alan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: A Visit With George - 02/02/21 11:54 AM
Al. Al. All I can say is yeah, you got George down, man. Smiled all the way through --twice, and not the last. Thank you!
Posted By: Scott C Re: A Visit With George - 02/02/21 02:29 PM
Very cool song Alan. My first introduction to George Benson was via a CD. I had just bought my very first cd player. There was about 20 albums available at the time. One was George Benson. I did not know who he was or what kind of music he played. All I had was vinyl and I wanted to hear what this cd player sounded like. Very cool music. This is an excellent piece of music. Well done
Posted By: Sundance Re: A Visit With George - 02/03/21 01:14 AM
Really pretty playing. George one of my favs. I relate to what you said. Been listening to songs from younger easier days since hurricanes to help fall asleep. Best to Di. Josie
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/03/21 02:23 AM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Al. Al. All I can say is yeah, you got George down, man. Smiled all the way through --twice, and not the last. Thank you!

Hey Marty ...

I've always been a huge George Benson fan. It's just almost impossible to listen to him and not appreciate the quality of his music. I'm delighted you think I might have done him justice. Thanks! I always appreciate your input and time. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/03/21 02:25 AM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool song Alan. My first introduction to George Benson was via a CD. I had just bought my very first cd player. There was about 20 albums available at the time. One was George Benson. I did not know who he was or what kind of music he played. All I had was vinyl and I wanted to hear what this cd player sounded like. Very cool music. This is an excellent piece of music. Well done

Hello Scott ...

Thanks so much for the very nice comments! And I enjoyed your story about your first CVDE. My first was by a country artist - Reba McIntire. I was amazed at the clean quality of the format. Thanks again. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/03/21 02:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Really pretty playing. George one of my favs. I relate to what you said. Been listening to songs from younger easier days since hurricanes to help fall asleep. Best to Di. Josie

Hi Josie ...

So very nice to hear from you! We miss your music on the Users Forum. And thank you for your kind remarks. I don't know where you live, but there was bad tornado last week about 90 miles south of where we live (just outside Decatur, Alabama). Hope all is well where you're located. Take care and stay safe. Wishing you the very best ...

Alan

PS: I'll pass on your kind words to Di.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: A Visit With George - 02/03/21 07:40 PM
Alan, when I think of what you guys have been through in the last 2-3 years, it makes me all the more appreciative of your positivity, creativity and support for everyone here! I sure hope and yours have a great year! The song is fabulous and right on the mark! Thanks for being a part of this community! T
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Visit With George - 02/03/21 08:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Alan, when I think of what you guys have been through in the last 2-3 years, it makes me all the more appreciative of your positivity, creativity and support for everyone here! I sure hope and yours have a great year! The song is fabulous and right on the mark! Thanks for being a part of this community! T

Hi Torrey ...

That was very nice of you to say. Thank you. Whatever life brings, you just gotta deal with it. So, that's what we do. But we sure do appreciate your supportive words. Glad you enjoyed the song. Thanks for letting me know.

That's a two-way street with this community. Hopefully, Di and I offer something worthwhile. In return, we get so much support and we get6 tp hear a lot of terrific music - yours being some of the very best.

Wishing you the very best. Take care, my friend ...

Alan
© PG Music Forums