Posted By: tommyad One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/03/21 07:07 PM

A love story...

Bouzouki, Rhythm SlowWaltz Ev 100
Bass, Electric, PopWaltz Ev 180
Fiddle, Background PopWaltz Ev 180
Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming PopWaltz Ev 180
Royalty Free Loops
Recorded in Logic Pro X
Plug Ins : Nectar 2, Neutron 2, Ozone 8, Tonal Balance, Waves LinMB, Waves, L3-LL Multi Limiter,
Logic Pro Metering, Scuffam Amps S-Gear, Waves Vocal Rider, Waves Bass Rider, Waves NX Ocean Way Nashville

Vocal, Janice Merritt
Harmony Vocal, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Lyrics, Mix & Mastering, Tom Adams
Arrangement, Tom & Janice
Lead vocal recording & Spiritual Advice, Bud Merritt

https://soundcloud.com/tommyad/one-minute-more

https://tommyadamsmusic.com/track/2621293/one-minute-more-co-written-w-janice-merritt

One Minute More

He asked for her hand would she like to dance
And led her out on the floor
She hid her eyes being ever so shy
Feeling like never before

Not ever late when out on a date
They followed the rules to a T
Turned out so well it was easy to tell
Forever was meant to be

She said
All I want is one minute more
Please so I can tell him
If given the chance I gladly would dance
I’d do it all over again

years went by fast they looked at their past
And swore it was just yesterday
An innocent glance at a high school dance
Eventually ended this way

They knew in their hearts that there was a part
Where you can no longer pretend
You have to be glad and try not to be sad
When it all winds down at the end
When it all winds down at the end

She said
Please so I can tell him
I’d do it all over again

She said
Please so I can tell him
I’d do it all over again
I’d do it all over again

©2021 Thomas Adams / Janice Merritt
Loved it. You people just keep creating great songs, one after the other. This, I thought, was especially beautiful and Janice's voice just sparkles - to my ears, at least, it's clearer and more communicative than I ever remember hearing it. Great job, everyone.
Posted By: MarioD Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/03/21 08:59 PM
WOW! This is radio ready, but all of your songs are. I have run out of adjectives describing how great and professional sounding your songs are. You all are pros!
Very well done. Excellent produced... and the vocal from Janice is just stunning good!

Thanks for sharing!
Will
Posted By: Al-David Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/03/21 09:42 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
WOW! This is radio ready, but all of your songs are. I have run out of adjectives describing how great and professional sounding your songs are. You all are pros!

Yep ... everything Mario said. He said it about as good as it could be said. I can't add anything more. Just that I think it's superb music and makes me realize I have a long way to go to be even half this good. Best to all of you..

Alan
Posted By: Leon1 Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/04/21 01:25 AM
Beautiful. While excellent in every respect, I found the chorus particularly lovely. With the talent involved I knew this was going to be good even before I hit play and you all delivered exactly as expected.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: dcuny Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/04/21 02:17 AM
Janice sounds great, Tommy excellent on the backup vocals.

Love the inner rhyme Given the chance/I gladly would dance.

The instrumentation slowly builds to the first chorus - I didn't even notice the drums were absent until the second listen. Loved the playing on the guitars. The extended fiddle solo worked really well.

Good write - classic country trick of the verse changing the meaning of the chorus the second time around.

My biggest complaint about Waves NX Ocean Way Nashville is that it can't be used for causal listening, so I'm using I'm using the dSONIQ Realphones. I can this close to getting the NX Abbey Roads plugin, because I really miss using my VRM Box. But for $35... tempting.

Anyway, stellar work all around. laugh
Vocal, Janice Merritt
Harmony Vocal, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Lyrics, Mix & Mastering, Tom Adams

PG Music's version of an 'All-Star' Band!

Always a commercial quality, radio-ready production - providing better quality than today's cookie cutter repetitive song craft. Refreshing and always solid entertainment. Looking forward to what's next from you guys. Whatever it may be, surely it's worth the wait.
Just about as good as it gets I think wink

Excellent write, excellent vocals (of course!), pro mix.

Collaborations are the best, I always enjoy hearing them.

Really enjoyed this one, well done!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/04/21 12:10 PM
Wow! Where to start? That was awesome!

First of all, Janice takes every song out of the park.. they're all home runs as soon as she gets involved!
LOVE the cello in this project... from the first few notes of the song it sucked me into the mood, like a whirlpool for the senses.

I thoroughly enjoyed the instrumental passages between verses. Especially the little bit before the last verse. Very nice use of the musical real estate.

The thought occurs to me as I listen to the lyrics that each generation has its own version of viewing and romanticizing relationships. This song, I would say, portrays my generation's point of view. Romantic songs written by young 'uns are different in a way I haven't yet analyzed well enough to articulate.

Tommy, you have the magic. Every musical idea you touch is brought to perfect fruition. I never hear anything by you that even suggests maybe it could be a little bit better if only you would change this or that. You know how to resolve an idea musically, and that is a wonder to experience.

Hats off to both of you. I'm expecting you'll both be famous any day now.
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/04/21 12:42 PM
This is one of those deceptively simple songs that leaves you wondering why nobody ever wrote it before. Everything about the production is balanced and exactly where it should be. Great job.
Posted By: Scott C Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/04/21 01:51 PM
Such a beautiful vocal and backtrack. It reminded me of an Alison Kraus. Incredible lyrics and production. Well done
Originally Posted By: musician17
Loved it. You people just keep creating great songs, one after the other. This, I thought, was especially beautiful and Janice's voice just sparkles - to my ears, at least, it's clearer and more communicative than I ever remember hearing it. Great job, everyone.

Thanks guys. Tom did a wonderful job putting all this together!

Janice
Tom & Janice (and the ever lurking Bud)...

A sweet love song. It has a "familiar" ring to it, an immediate classic kind of sound, like you've heard this all your life. Nicely written. It has heart. Nice sing-able, slow-dance-able melody.

Beautiful production. The acoustic lead was "just right". Nice "little touches" throughout. The pumping bass was a good interlude. Excellent mix (no surprise there).

Superb vocal (of course). Nice harmony, too.

A wonderful listen.

fj
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/04/21 04:29 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
Thanks for listening and commenting. Janice did a great job on the vocal and melody, Tom
Thanks Mario. We appreciate the kind words,Tom
Posted By: rayc Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/04/21 05:40 PM
Excellent intro...then the space opens for THAT voice.
One of the best bass tracks I've heard from BIAB - I suspect some serious editing created that fit.
Wonderful song - well done all.
Hi Tom and Janice,

What a very nice song this is! A nice solid guitar playing and a very strong voice.
Janice, I think you sounded very bright in this song. Very nice.
In a way the melody reminded me of the Pogues. Not your voice, Janice, you are far in the lead on that!
I enjoyed it a lot,

Hans
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Very well done. Excellent produced... and the vocal from Janice is just stunning good!

Thanks for sharing!
Will

Thank you Will! Tom certainly handed me a fine lyric.

Janice
Very well crafted song. Lovely arrangement. I love the melody expressed through the vocals. Outstanding mix. So clear. Good job to everyone. I like that band too.
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/05/21 08:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef

Thanks for sharing!
Will
Thanks for the very nice review,Tom
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Yep ... everything Mario said. He said it about as good as it could be said. I can't add anything more. Just that I think it's superb music and makes me realize I have a long way to go to be even half this good. Best to all of you..

Alan
Alan, thank you for being so supportive and for your thoughtful comments,Tom
What my words can't convey is the huge smile on my face. I, too, ditto Mario's comment. This song is so good; now I'm gonna do it all again.
Originally Posted By: Al-David

Alan

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Beautiful. While excellent in every respect, I found the chorus particularly lovely. With the talent involved I knew this was going to be good even before I hit play and you all delivered exactly as expected.
Regards,
Leon

Thanks y'all. It always makes my day when Tom invites me in on a song!

J&B
Hi Tommyad,

Very pretty song full of charm and emotion. The voice and the arrangement are in perfect harmony. It looks nice.

Kindly regard
Take care of yourself
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Robertkc Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/05/21 07:34 PM
Tom & Janice,
A simply lovely old time country waltz- sung with grace and accompanied just about perfectly...well done to you and Bud, its hard to imagine how this could be better!

Robert
That was spectacular. I really like a well done acoustic song and this is that.

Great job with all involved.
So good!
Reminds me of the Dickie Chicks "Travelin' Soldier"

Loved it.

Well written and performed.
That really came together as a fine collaboration, which we don't get much of in these days of covid.

moto
Posted By: Deej56 Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/06/21 12:27 AM
Tom and Janice,

Superb! A really masterful production on the bones of a terrific write, wonderful vocal and outstanding harmonies. Love that short musical break after the penultimate chorus—really pops. Wow—killer stuff!

My very humble regards,

Deej
Posted By: PeterF Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/06/21 02:33 AM
Tom Janice & Bud

That was simply a class act all round. Lovely work by all involved. A beautiful mix, melody and lyric.

Janice sounds superb in this, and all the backing parts Tom provided including the harmony just enhance the track perfectly.

Wonderful.

Peter
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/06/21 08:44 AM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Regards,
Leon
Leon, we appreciate your kindness, Tom
Originally Posted By: dcuny

The instrumentation slowly builds to the first chorus - I didn't even notice the drums were absent until the second listen. Loved the playing on the guitars. The extended fiddle solo worked really well.

Good write - classic country trick of the verse changing the meaning of the chorus the second time around.

My biggest complaint about Waves NX Ocean Way Nashville is that it can't be used for causal listening, so I'm using I'm using the dSONIQ Realphones. I can this close to getting the NX Abbey Roads plugin, because I really miss using my VRM Box. But for $35... tempting.

David, thanks for pointing out the way the meaning of the chorus changes. There were some subconscious elements going on during the write. Janice pointed out that the pumping bass in the instrumental bridge section seemed to signify the passage of time or the clock ticking down. The NX Nashville plugin works as advertised. It opened the mix up for me and enabled me to hear things that I previously didn’t hear. You just have to remember to disable it during the final mix down. I think it’s a keeper, Tom
Originally Posted By: dcuny

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Vocal, Janice Merritt

Always a commercial quality, radio-ready production - providing better quality than today's cookie cutter repetitive song craft. Refreshing and always solid entertainment. Looking forward to what's next from you guys. Whatever it may be, surely it's worth the wait.

I appreciate that very much Charlie.
Tom really did create a nice arrangement!

Janice
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/07/21 09:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Vocal, Janice Merritt

Charlie thanks for stopping by. We appreciate it and have been thinking of you lately. Stay well, Tom
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Dave, thanks for the very nice comments,Tom
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

First of all, Janice takes every song out of the park.. they're all home runs as soon as she gets involved!
LOVE the cello in this project... from the first few notes of the song it sucked me into the mood, like a whirlpool for the senses.

I thoroughly enjoyed the instrumental passages between verses. Especially the little bit before the last verse. Very nice use of the musical real estate.

The thought occurs to me as I listen to the lyrics that each generation has its own version of viewing and romanticizing relationships. This song, I would say, portrays my generation's point of view. Romantic songs written by young 'uns are different in a way I haven't yet analyzed well enough to articulate.

Tommy, you have the magic. Every musical idea you touch is brought to perfect fruition. I never hear anything by you that even suggests maybe it could be a little bit better if only you would change this or that. You know how to resolve an idea musically, and that is a wonder to experience.

Pat, it’s so great to read your review. Your comments are always so well written. They are a pleasure to read, Tom
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude

Thank you Dave! Collabs are a lot of fun for sure.

Janice
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/07/21 07:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
This is one of those deceptively simple songs that leaves you wondering why nobody ever wrote it before. Everything about the production is balanced and exactly where it should be. Great job.
Thanks for the great review,Tom
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Such a beautiful vocal and backtrack. It reminded me of an Alison Kraus. Incredible lyrics and production. Well done
Thanks for all that Scott, Tom
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr

Pat, not only is it great to “talk” with you again but also to read your kind remarks about my vocal. Your songs reviews are always a joy to read and very much appreciated.

Thank you and take care!

Janice
Originally Posted By: Ghostgum

Thank you!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Scott C

My goodness - thank you Scott. That was very sweet of you!

Janice
Posted By: vicarn Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/08/21 07:20 PM
Awww!
This takes me back to the good old country music days.
By that I don't mean it's dated. It just means "hello, where have you been?"
Lovely gentle and honest song.
Vic
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/09/21 09:24 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

A sweet love song. It has a "familiar" ring to it, an immediate classic kind of sound, like you've heard this all your life. Nicely written. It has heart. Nice sing-able, slow-dance-able melody.

Beautiful production. The acoustic lead was "just right". Nice "little touches" throughout. The pumping bass was a good interlude. Excellent mix (no surprise there).

A wonderful listen.

fj
floyd, we are always grateful to receive a great review from you. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: rayc
One of the best bass tracks I've heard from BIAB - I suspect some serious editing created that fit.
Ray, thanks for the kind words, Tom
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

A wonderful listen.

fj

Thank you floyd! It was so easy to fall into this.

Janice
What can I say that hasn't been said? Good stuff, Maynard.. Every blasted element works in this fine production.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/09/21 11:18 PM
Sweet lyric and absolutely classic vocal delivery and harmonies. The band is solid and the production well thought-out and continually interesting. I really enjoyed this life-love story.
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/10/21 08:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Tom and Janice,

What a very nice song this is! A nice solid guitar playing and a very strong voice.
In a way the melody reminded me of the Pogues. Not your voice, Janice, you are far in the lead on that!
I enjoyed it a lot,

Hans
Hans, thanks for all that. Janice did a great job on this one. Tom
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Very well crafted song. Lovely arrangement. I love the melody expressed through the vocals. Outstanding mix. So clear. Good job to everyone. I like that band too.
jpg, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to listen and comment,Tom
Originally Posted By: rayc

Thank you Ray. Tom's productions are always so supportive of the lyric and vocals!

Janice
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/10/21 06:35 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
What my words can't convey is the huge smile on my face. I, too, ditto Mario's comment. This song is so good; now I'm gonna do it all again.
Thanks Marty. We appreciate it,Tom
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Tommyad,

Very pretty song full of charm and emotion. The voice and the arrangement are in perfect harmony. It looks nice.

Kindly regard
Take care of yourself
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Thank you for the nice comments,Tom
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hi Tom and Janice,

I enjoyed it a lot,

Hans

Thank you so much Hans!

Janice
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/12/21 08:47 AM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Tom & Janice,
A simply lovely old time country waltz- sung with grace and accompanied just about perfectly...well done to you and Bud, its hard to imagine how this could be better!

Robert
Robert, those are some very kind comments. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Herb, Thank you for the great review,Tom
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic

Thanks for the nice comments!

Janice
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/13/21 12:40 PM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
So good!

Loved it.

That really came together as a fine collaboration, which we don't get much of in these days of covid.

moto

Thank you for the fine comments,Tom
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Tom and Janice,

Superb! A really masterful production on the bones of a terrific write, wonderful vocal and outstanding harmonies. Love that short musical break after the penultimate chorus—really pops. Wow—killer stuff!

My very humble regards,

Deej
Deej, Many thanks for the great review,Tom
A very sweet song!!! I love songs with a traditional feel, and when they are written by Tom and sung by Janice, it's hard to go wrong!! Production is also excellent!! This is a true gem guys!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Tommyad,

Kindly regard
Take care of yourself
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thank you!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Tom & Janice,

Robert

Thank you Robert. It was a pleasure to work with Tom again!

Janice
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
So good!

Loved it.

moto

Thanks guys for listening and commenting!

Janice
Great composition! Beautifully sung. And incredible soundstage. The reverbs are magical.
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/15/21 08:46 AM
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom Janice & Bud

That was simply a class act all round. Lovely work by all involved. A beautiful mix, melody and lyric.

Janice sounds superb in this, and all the backing parts Tom provided including the harmony just enhance the track perfectly.

Wonderful.

Peter

Peter, we appreciate the generous review,Tom
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Tom and Janice,

My very humble regards,

Deej

Thank you Deej! Tom’s productions are magical.

Janice

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Tom Janice & Bud

Wonderful.

Peter

Thank you Peter!

Janice
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Awww!
Vic

Thank you Vic. That’s a good place to be!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
What can I say that hasn't been said? Good stuff, Maynard.. Every blasted element works in this fine production.

Thanks!

Janice

Originally Posted By: Tangmo
Sweet lyric and absolutely classic vocal delivery and harmonies. The band is solid and the production well thought-out and continually interesting. I really enjoyed this life-love story.

And I’m glad you enjoyed it. Thank you.

Janice
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/16/21 12:03 AM
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Awww!
Vic
Thanks, good old country is a good place to be, Tom
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Thanks Dobie! Appreciated,Tom
Originally Posted By: Tangmo
That is a very thoughtful review. Thanks, Tom
Posted By: tommyad Re: One Minute More (Co-write Tom & Janice) - 02/16/21 12:05 AM
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Great composition! Beautifully sung. And incredible soundstage. The reverbs are magical.
Great that you stopped by. Hope to see more of you. Thanks, Tom
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
A very sweet song!!! I love songs with a traditional feel, and when they are written by Tom and sung by Janice, it's hard to go wrong!! Production is also excellent!! This is a true gem guys!! Take care. Greg

Originally Posted By: gruverider

Thank you!

Janice
© PG Music Forums