PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong A Voice - 02/09/21 03:23 PM
Revamping an old song with a new arrangement, some new lyrics and and emphasis on simplicity. BiaB was the key.

I used BiaB 2021 and these elements from BLUERIJ>STY Blue Ridge Mountain Country Folk
521 Bass, Electric Pop Syncopated Ev 36
3156 Fiddle, 5 string, Rhythm Americana Mountain
3185 Guitar, Acoustic Rhythm Mountain
1108 Guitar Acoustic Fingerpicking

Thanks for listening...Dan

https://soundclick.com/r/s8g7uq
Posted By: vicarn Re: A Voice - 02/09/21 06:55 PM
Hi Dan.
Something in your voice reminds me of Marty Robbins.
It's a good voice and I think you should bring it up a couple of db in the mix.

Vic
Posted By: dcuny Re: A Voice - 02/09/21 11:40 PM
Hi, Dan.

Well done - your voice really carries this song. Nice write and production as well.

Apropos to nothing, verse one got me thinking - on paper, "Lord" and "word" should be a stronger rhyme than they actually are. wink
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/10/21 01:14 AM
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Hi Dan.
It's a good voice and I think you should bring it up a couple of db in the mix.

Vic

Vic...thanks man you make me want to put on my "white sports coat and pink carnation" (younger folks won't understand that) other than suggesting you get your hearing tested, thanks for the high compliment...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/10/21 01:15 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Hi, Dan.

Well done - your voice really carries this song. Nice write and production as well.

Apropos to nothing, verse one got me thinking - on paper, "Lord" and "word" should be a stronger rhyme than they actually are. wink

David...I appreciate your kind words...Dan
Posted By: Deej56 Re: A Voice - 02/10/21 02:12 AM
Dan,

Great vocal on this—agree with Vic it could come forward just a bit. It’s too good to hide. I like the song; soft and easy on the ear, with a pretty melody. Like those back vox as well—they really add depth. Good stuff!

Best regards,

Deej
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/10/21 04:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Dan,

Great vocal on this—agree with Vic it could come forward just a bit. It’s too good to hide. I like the song; soft and easy on the ear, with a pretty melody. Like those back vox as well—they really add depth. Good stuff!

Best regards,

Deej

Deej...thanks for the comments...I like to put the vocals into the mix and don't care for them too out front...I probably err the wrong way...I don't hear "Marty Robbins" when I sing I hear me and that scares me enough to try to hide my lead vocals...now given the genre of music I write that's counter productive because the message is more important than the song or the singer... so I know your council is sound...it's always been quite a quandary....thanks for he thoughts...Dan
Posted By: MarioD Re: A Voice - 02/10/21 09:24 PM
I also got a Marty Robbins vibe and yes I remember "A White Sports Coat and a Pink Carnation".

You do have a good voice, don't a afraid of it and don't bury it in the mix. Nice harmonies on this very good song.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: A Voice - 02/10/21 10:54 PM
You did a really great job with the style! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us.
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/11/21 01:34 AM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I also got a Marty Robbins vibe and yes I remember "A White Sports Coat and a Pink Carnation".

You do have a good voice, don't a afraid of it and don't bury it in the mix. Nice harmonies on this very good song.

Hey Mario...thanks for the encouragement...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/11/21 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
You did a really great job with the style! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us.

Ember...thanks for your comments...BiaB is an incredible tool for songwriters such as myself...it's styles and versatility are inspiring in and of themselves...I have used it on countless demos...thanks again...Dan
Posted By: Will Josef Re: A Voice - 02/11/21 09:48 PM
Hello firesong,

Oh, this is a nice song, your vocal shines and hold everything together. Very well done!

Will
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/12/21 01:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Josef
Hello firesong,

Oh, this is a nice song, your vocal shines and hold everything together. Very well done!

Will

Will...thanks for the compliment and thanks for giving it a listen...Dan
Posted By: Birchwood Re: A Voice - 02/12/21 07:58 AM
Hi Firesong,

You made a very nice song with this one!
While listening to it, something sounded familiair and made me think of Harry Belafonte (in a way).
Also your use of the background vocals is very good.
I liked it!

Hans
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: A Voice - 02/12/21 09:41 AM
Yeah, Dan! Great use of BiaB. It's perfect for reworking songs. [I found an old file yesterday of a song called Blue Prince, and there were 15 different versions]. Man, so glad you brought this one out of the "old song" category. It may be a simple arrangement, but it's simply brilliant.
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/12/21 02:44 PM
Hans...thanks for commenting on the song...I'm glad you enjoyed it...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/12/21 02:47 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Yeah, Dan! Great use of BiaB. It's perfect for reworking songs. [I found an old file yesterday of a song called Blue Prince, and there were 15 different versions]. Man, so glad you brought this one out of the "old song" category. It may be a simple arrangement, but it's simply brilliant.

Is it too much to say I love BiaB?...or just that I really like it...I bet I have at least 50 songs that I've either written or redone because of BiaB...the perfect tool for the writer/ composer that doe not have a band at their disposal...Dan
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: A Voice - 02/13/21 03:59 PM
To steal a Greg Allman phrase, "Everything's hittin' the note!"

We enjoyed the write, the band, the mix and the vocal.

We remember a LOT more about Marty than just "A White Sports Coat..." And yeah there is a bit of his timbre in your vocal but ultimately it's yours and a good one.

Nice!

J&B
Posted By: firesong Re: A Voice - 02/24/21 03:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
To steal a Greg Allman phrase, "Everything's hittin' the note!"

We enjoyed the write, the band, the mix and the vocal.

We remember a LOT more about Marty than just "A White Sports Coat..." And yeah there is a bit of his timbre in your vocal but ultimately it's yours and a good one.

Nice!

J&B

Janice & Bud...thanks for your kind words...glad you enjoyed the song...Dan
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: A Voice - 02/25/21 10:16 PM
Clean and crisp production. Nice band selection. Fine vocal performance!
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: A Voice - 02/26/21 10:14 AM
Originally Posted By: vicarn
Hi Dan.

Vic

Totally agree with Vic! A very professional singer. Speaking of the song, what a great voice. Inspiration at its best, Dan.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: A Voice - 02/27/21 10:02 PM
Well done!

moto
© PG Music Forums