PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Sweet thing - 02/13/21 05:36 PM
Here's a tune I just finished. Slow dancing smooth jazz. Very surprised by the drum patch from Sforzando.
Sweet Thing

Style is BETTER.STY (Better Funky Synth)
BassCustom Synth is Hi-Q 040 01 Synth, Analog, FatBass Sforzando
DrumsCustom Synth is Hi-Q 001 01 Drums, Acoustic, Rock Kit Sforzando
PianoCustom Synth is Hi-Q 005 02 Piano, Electric, Vintage Sforzando
GuitarCustom Synth is Hi-Q 027 01 Guitar, Electric, Jazz Sforzando
StringsCustom Synth is Hi-Q 050 01 Strings, Ensemble, Movie Sforzando
Style MIDI Instruments are : Finger Electric Bass (34), Bright Piano (2), Muted Electric Guit (29), Synth Strings 1 (51),
MIDI SuperTracks in style: 3687:Bass, Synth, SmoothJazzCoolJeff Sw16 075
RealTracks in song: 1060:Sax, Soprano, Soloist SmoothJazzBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: ~1641:Piano, Electric, Soloist JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075 (Bluesy)
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Sweet thing - 02/13/21 08:48 PM
Hi, Mike.

Like this a lot. smile

IMNSO, the balance of the tambourine could come down a bit, though.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Sweet thing - 02/13/21 08:54 PM
Mike, this is a very good track which I enjoyed listening to. I have to agree with David that the tambourine is a bit loud compared with the other instruments.

Thanks a lot for sharing!
Will
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Sweet thing - 02/14/21 05:42 AM
Hi Pete. Nice groove. Very well done on the production.
I'm not much of a Jazz fan, but I really enjoyed this.
Rob4580
Posted By: Al-David Re: Sweet thing - 02/14/21 07:02 AM
HI Mike ...

Another really nice track from you. You always have a nice mix of lead instruments to share the spotlight. Nice chord progression and choice of backing tracks.

In my opinion, more than being a bit loud, the tambourine would better from cutting some of the higher EQ. I think that alone would "calm" it yet not compromise it's placer its place in the mix. Just my opinion. Nonetheless, this was a most enjoyable listen - as always.

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Sweet thing - 02/14/21 06:16 PM
Hm, to be honest, I don't hear the "tambourine" as loud as you all seem to hear ( I thought it was a hi hat). I use my "cans" to do the whole process so I'm not sure if it is the cans or my ears. Unfortunately that's the patch from Sforzando and I cannot edit that, at least I don't know how to do it. I might try to use a different VST and see if I can solve that. Obviously you all hear it, so it must be there.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Regards

Mike B.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Sweet thing - 02/18/21 06:59 PM
Sweet Thing is a sweet song!

Love those melodic sax lines.

Excellent!

J&B
Posted By: bluage Re: Sweet thing - 02/20/21 01:51 AM
A string of mental, visual, and emotional recollections of all the dear and respected 'sweet things' I've known and loved in my life eased through my mind and heart as I listened to your instrumental composition. That's how well you summoned the feel of that phrase through your musical imagination. Your 'changes' seemed to bring about great results from the Real Tracks you selected. If you could send the song back in time to the late 70's and/or the early 80's it would be a radio favorite, I'm sure.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Sweet thing - 02/20/21 10:35 AM
So much fun getting lost in your music, Mike. Really enjoy your ability to bring out such incredible sounds.
Posted By: tommyad Re: Sweet thing - 02/21/21 09:16 AM
Mike, good to hear you holding down the jazz corner. This easy listening piece is not hard to get lost in. You have a knack of getting the best out of your real track choices. Very well done, Tom
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Sweet thing - 02/22/21 11:52 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and I sure am that it brought such feelings.

Cheers

Mike B.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Sweet thing - 02/23/21 01:30 PM
Very cool groove Mike. Super listen. Love where the drums were sitting in the mix. Sax was very cool
Posted By: rayc Re: Sweet thing - 02/24/21 07:50 AM
The hihat
is a bit loud though.
Smooth n sweet.
I don't care for the string patch though.
© PG Music Forums