PG Music Home
The Blues Is Nothing

The Blues Is Nothing was born from Scott jamming during his daily playing. The song bed was modeled after a ZZ Top basic 12 bar blues but slowed way down. He thought the song needed a lyric so he contacted his Spirit Level mates and Ray developed a lyric that J&B feel is excellent lending itself to multiple interpretations. Scott felt the guitar solo would work best with a female vocalist so Ray suggested Janice and contacted us. Ray and I (Bud) have previously chatted about mixes and bass playing so when I heard from him regarding the vocal we were on familiar grounds. And the outcome was this collaboration. Those guys exposed the ethereal side of Janice!

We all four thank you for listening and welcome your comments and thanks to PG Music for BiaB and this community.

Scott Collingwood: lead guitar, rhythm guitar, arrangement & mix

Ray Cochrane: lyric, melody, bass, rhythm guitar, arrangement & mix

Janice Merritt: lead vocals, harmony vocals and melody

Bud Merritt: vocal engineering, mastering & SC photo

Piano: RT 3088,ElectricVintage, Rhythm AmericanaSlow128Mike Sw 040
Guitar: RT 565 Electric, Rhythm Blues Monday Sw 065
Guitar: RT 3356 Baritone Electric, Rhythm Moody128Brent Sw 060
Organ: RT 675 B3, Background Blues Monday Sw 065
Drums: MIDI 41 Brushes Kit (41)

Scott’s guitar – Gretsch duojet
Amp – Fender DLX Clone (Purdy)
Guitar Delay Effect -  Eventide H9.

Mixed in Studio One 5 and mastered with Logic Pro X and Izotope plug-ins.

The Blues Is Nothing
© 2021 S. Collingwood, R. Cochrane & J. Merritt
Wake up from dreaming,
Where nightmares are nothing new,
Break up from loving,
When loving has nothing for you.
But recall the pain and go there again
The blues is nothing but history ignored.

You won’t learn from this
You won’t heed my call
You won’t believe me
No, not at all
Until you’ve been here
And walked in my shoes
My shoes, my blues
Until you’ve made the mistakes
That everyone makes

The blues is nothing,
But a history in song, of every wrong
The song begins with "Wake up from dreaming", but listening is just the opposite, like finding myself in a hazy, bluesy dream. smile

Nice playing and arrangement. Cool effects on the guitar and vocals.

To steal the phrase, everyone sings/plays it "like they feel it".

A real sonic landscape - nice collaboration! smile
Originally Posted By: dcuny
The song begins with "Wake up from dreaming", but listening is just the opposite, like finding myself in a hazy, bluesy dream. smile

Thanks David. Yeah it'll take more than her first line to get one outa that dream. This was very different for Janice and we are most pleased that you liked it!

J&B
Every thing is great about this.
I love how the vocal repeats and I particularly love the effect
on Scott's guitar. Very smooth and haunting. Well constructed lyrics.
Great work all involved. Rob4580
Wow!

Such an interesting and unexpected collaboration!
Very unusual and super tasty tune. I have no words... CONGRATS to all! This one is very special. Love it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

This is awesome y'all.

It was so good, I can only give it my absolute highest North Carolina compliment.

Oh Hayle Yeah.

smile
This NEEDS to be in a movie. I don't care if "they" have to make a movie just to have this song in it! There's just such a strong emotional vibe from this.

You choose the perfect tempo. Any slow, it would have maybe dragged. Any faster, and I feel it would have lost the vibe that you have here.

If you have any idea how much I love the emotional content of a song you would know why I like this so much.

Scott-I love your tone choice and effects to really create the atmosphere. It's these kinds of things that brings songs to a completely different level. You fill in where it needs to be done; but never obstructs anything else. Not an easy role in my opinion. This song would have been totally different had you made different choices. I can't even begin to explain how glad I am you didn't. I love what you did!

Ray Cochrane: True to my word, I started grabbing the lines I liked and kept going and going...and noticed I had the song. It's not long lyrically but the word choice was fantastic. I love the whole theme of not learning from mistakes and that's what the song is about. Brilliantly done.

Janice-I don't think anyone else could have sung this song and had this level of impact. I'm very curious if the emotion of the song stays with you well after you have song it? I know great method actors who struggle with that. I'm thinking it may be the same with a great singer? I really appreciate what you brought to this song. Stunning.

Bud : I think a great vocal of this caliber being lost in a mix would be criminal. I know Janice sounds great...that's a given, but you always make room for her to shine. Your treatment of the vocal ALWAYS impresses me. Your sense of balance of what is going on is such a tremendous asset to any of these projects you do.

I also have to admit that I didn't realize how much I missed cover art until I started noticing the exceptional work you and a few other's on the forum create. It gives me a bit of nostalgia, yet also a new happiness to know this artform has not been lost. Thanks for your talents here as well. For me, it's a simple (not necessarily easy) step that adds that completeness to a project. It's much appreciated and does not go unnoticed. It makes me want to step up in this department. See, just another way you are inspiring people on the forum. smile

Overall, what's not to love? Really, really enjoyable listen. Thank you for sharing this gem. I'm sure PG Music is proud to be able to showcase songs like this!
Excellent collaboration, people. Janice's vocal is of course wonderful. She is a world class singer. I particularly like the way she repeats some phrases (for me that's what really elevates the song). Also enjoyed Scott's moody, burbling guitar. Nice lyrics from Ray and the bass playing and tone is great.
Regards,
Leon
What a pleasure it was work on this song with Ray, Janice and Bud.

Originally Posted By: dcuny

Thanks David for the awesome comments. Ray's lyrics were very special and so well timed and relatable to these trying times. Janice took the lyrics to very special place. Was deeply moved by them and Janice's interpretation of them..

Originally Posted By: Rob4580

Thanks Rob for checking out the song so glad you liked it..
Yeah!!

This is the best song I've heard on here for a while I think.

Like Misha says, an unexpected collaboration, but man, it works big time!

Excellent write and solid performance from Ray.

Scott sounds great, a very different approach to soloing over a blues progression, but it works and it sounds unique and fresh.

And Janice!!! Just when I think she can't possibly get any better ... she does! Man, those harmonies and answering vocals .. sublime!

Bud, I love what you did right at the end to the vocal, that big reverb you added to it, very effective and a great way to end the song.

A big tip of the proverbial hat to all involved, fabulous!
Thanks for the kind words folks.
I think the response to this song may have something to do with the results garnered from a really pleasant collaboration.
I was a complete pleasure working with Janice and Bud on this as their creativity is matched with a calm, casual, yet on the ball, approach that made the song better at every stage.
Working with Scott is always a pleasurable breeze.
This is all very good.
Silk and satin.
Well done to all.

Vic
Originally Posted By: Rob4580

Thanks Rob. This was a fun and different in a good way project for Janice. We're glad you liked it!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Wow!

Very unusual and super tasty tune. I have no words... CONGRATS to all! This one is very special. Love it. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.

Thank you Misha! And we are glad you are feeling better. Take care.

J&B
Very cool, very trippy blues soup!!! A new PG collab is born!! A delicious, dark journey with a great interplay of Scott's guitar and Janice's vocal!! Well-written, played and produced!! Congrats to all!!! Take care. Greg
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is awesome y'all.

It was so good, I can only give it my absolute highest North Carolina compliment.

Oh Hayle Yeah.

smile
[quote=David Snyder]

That compliment is well received and appreciated by us Georgia folks!

J&B
Whoa! Good grief, folks, them there's some real despairin' blues you done conjured up. Had to take my anti-depressant meds after listening to the recording just one time! shocked Only an empathetic and skilled bartender could cure this kind of blues, but then he/she would have to put you out when the bar closes. Don't worry, hospital emergency rooms are always open.

The blending of actual instrumental musicianship from Mr. Collingwood and Mr. Cochran (oooOOO, yazz, yazz, YAZZ, fellahs, make them strings SING!) with the BIAB tracks is seamless, and therefore mutually complementary. The super-slow tempo lends a feeling of everything just winding down, down, down...to zero. Ms. Merritt sounds as though she's holdin' on to dear life itself. Somebody get that poor woman a seat and a fan!

"The blues is nothing, but a history in song, of every wrong." Thank God we got music to help us get the blues out of us before it does even more damage, right? smile

A great song happens when you marry the right words (message) with the right flavor and texture and that's exactly what you guys did...great vocals and guitar solo work...man this was cool...thanks Dan
rayc, Scott, Janice & Bud,

What a wonderful collaboration.
This collaboration is really unexpected.
Quite different personalities of rayc, Scott and Janice are mixed with to create a complex sound.
I found a special blues there that I hadn't even thought of.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
My usual approach to a Janice & Bud post is to get right to the song, push play and smile --well, I'm usually already smiling by then, so smile wider. This time, with SCOTT and RAYC in the mix I had to read first. Really cool how the song developed with such talent. Man, EVERYTHING about this is so good. Had to listen 3 times (so far).
J&B, Scott & Ray,
Such a great achingly dreamy feel to this- the band so supportive to Janice`s marvelous vocal.
Flawless mix... love the ending!

Robert
Team

That was was a great listen,a very moody intro and some superb singing by Janice, and a great harmony arrangement.

Everything nicely in it's place, Ray's bass is well played as is Scott's guitar. The overall sound is
superbly bluesy. Nice end.

Seems like a lot of work has gone into this one.

Well done to all involved.

Peter
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
Wow!

Misha.

Thanks Misha for checking out the song. So glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is awesome y'all.

Oh Hayle Yeah.

smile

Thanks David So glad to hear from you. Really glad you enjoyed the song
Unless I missed something, you are driving one another to new heights. Excellent work.
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
This NEEDS to be in a movie. I don't care if "they" have to make a movie just to have this song in it! There's just such a strong emotional vibe from this.

You choose the perfect tempo. Any slow, it would have maybe dragged. Any faster, and I feel it would have lost the vibe that you have here.

If you have any idea how much I love the emotional content of a song you would know why I like this so much.

Scott-I love your tone choice and effects to really create the atmosphere. It's these kinds of things that brings songs to a completely different level. You fill in where it needs to be done; but never obstructs anything else. Not an easy role in my opinion. This song would have been totally different had you made different choices. I can't even begin to explain how glad I am you didn't. I love what you did!

Ray Cochrane: True to my word, I started grabbing the lines I liked and kept going and going...and noticed I had the song. It's not long lyrically but the word choice was fantastic. I love the whole theme of not learning from mistakes and that's what the song is about. Brilliantly done.

Janice-I don't think anyone else could have sung this song and had this level of impact. I'm very curious if the emotion of the song stays with you well after you have song it? I know great method actors who struggle with that. I'm thinking it may be the same with a great singer? I really appreciate what you brought to this song. Stunning.

Bud : I think a great vocal of this caliber being lost in a mix would be criminal. I know Janice sounds great...that's a given, but you always make room for her to shine. Your treatment of the vocal ALWAYS impresses me. Your sense of balance of what is going on is such a tremendous asset to any of these projects you do.

I also have to admit that I didn't realize how much I missed cover art until I started noticing the exceptional work you and a few other's on the forum create. It gives me a bit of nostalgia, yet also a new happiness to know this artform has not been lost. Thanks for your talents here as well. For me, it's a simple (not necessarily easy) step that adds that completeness to a project. It's much appreciated and does not go unnoticed. It makes me want to step up in this department. See, just another way you are inspiring people on the forum. smile

Overall, what's not to love? Really, really enjoyable listen. Thank you for sharing this gem. I'm sure PG Music is proud to be able to showcase songs like this!

Man we don’t know what to say. Firstly we deeply appreciate your time to write such a thoughtful and supportive review. We’ll let Scott and Ray comment on the well deserved praise you offered them.

I have often referred to Janice as a method actor also. I think floyd once referred to it as “living with” a song. She hears it in her head all the time when working it up ... around the house, hiking, biking, etc., and is hearing BGVs also. Generally speaking I have little idea what’s happening until we record smile But unlike what you mentioned with some method actors when she’s finished recording it’s pretty much done as she poured out all the emotion in her typical one take. And since we don’t gig it soon all fades away. I do have to mention that Scott played a big part in how the vocals sat in his mix. Great job I think.
And a big thanks for your comments on the photo editing.

So thanks again for every word!

Bud on behalf of J&B
Nice job to all. Well played. Well sung. Nice mix. Good back up band. Another top notch collaboration.
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn

Thank you so much for the awesome comments. Creating backtracks and playing to them is my happy place. Most of my backtracks are just for personal use as are what I consider jams. Put them on a loop and play until my fingers hurt. Every once in awhile one because special. The more I play the song the more it grew. When I presented to Ray and Robert I knew it didn't really fit our Spirit Level material and was more suitable for a female voice. Ray picked it up and add some excellent bass and guitar work and when Ray approached Bud and Janice it took on another life. Janice's vocal gave the song so much emotion and feeling. I have to add that Bud was also key in the production of this song. His vocal mix and master perfectly accented the backtrack mix Ray and I put together.
Holy Smokes!
I aint been here for a week or two and the first thing I hear is this!!!

Love it!
Great job everyone, such a nice job on the vocals.
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Excellent collaboration, people. Janice's vocal is of course wonderful. She is a world class singer. I particularly like the way she repeats some phrases (for me that's what really elevates the song). Also enjoyed Scott's moody, burbling guitar. Nice lyrics from Ray and the bass playing and tone is great.
Regards,
Leon

Thank you Leon. You put a big smile on Janice's face! She has them all the time but this one was big smile

J&B
This is so dreamlike and ethereal It lowered my blood pressure and removed all the stress from my day. I love a slow minor blues and this is fresh take thanks to Scott’s unique sound and Janice’s brooding delivery. Definitely a different approach to the blues. The heavy delay on the guitar gave it a bit of a psychedelic edge. Ray’s lyrics and bass playing are standout and the whole package including Bud’s input on mix and mastering have created an excellent end product. Very much enjoyed. Tom
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah!!

Scott sounds great, a very different approach to soloing over a blues progression, but it works and it sounds unique and fresh.

And Janice!!! Just when I think she can't possibly get any better ... she does! Man, those harmonies and answering vocals .. sublime!

Bud, I love what you did right at the end to the vocal, that big reverb you added to it, very effective and a great way to end the song.

Thank you Dave. I’m glad you like the harmony and answering. You are too kind but I appreciate it!

Janice

We thank you Dave. Scott tweaked some extra verb on the tag for that effect.
Thanks for your supportive comments!

Bud
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon for checking out the song. So glad you liked it

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Yeah!!

The Dave for checking out the song. Really glad you liked the song.
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Quite different personalities of rayc, Scott and Janice are mixed with to create a complex sound.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Best regards.
Shigeki Adachi

ありがとうございます。
Yes, different folk, with quite a lot of common ground.
The who grappled with a bit what over some when across the globe becasue they could and it seemed like a good idea.
I think it proved to be one too.
Again...
Thank you sir.
Originally Posted By: vicarn
This is all very good.
Silk and satin.
Well done to all.

Vic

Thanks Vic!

J&B
Hi Janice, Scott, Ray and Bud,

I've listened several times to the song. Beautiful, mysterious and ethereal. and it can't get out of my head.
"The blues is nothing but history ignored"; what a true and nice/ cynical line. Love it.
I think you have to perform more together. It was a surprise to read about this cohab and to hear the result, but a beautiful one!
More words I cannot find to say how I appreciate this, but I did. I think maybe I'm a bit jealous(?). But with a smile. You earned it!

Hans
Originally Posted By: vicarn
This is all very good.
Silk and satin.
Well done to all.

Vic

Thanks Vic Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool, very trippy blues soup!!! A new PG collab is born!! A delicious, dark journey with a great interplay of Scott's guitar and Janice's vocal!! Well-written, played and produced!! Congrats to all!!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg for checking out the song. So good to hear from you..
A Goosebumps song.

EVERYONE is at the top of their game.

Such a cool sound!

Ray's bass sounds great. Scott's guitar is his best work to date. Janice is chillingly good - goosebumps.

A solid write. Excellent mix. This one "has it all".

A GREAT listen. Y'all should be struttin' proud.

Big WOWs all around.

fj
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Thanks Greg. I’ve been calling Janice “Grace” lately after the trippy vocal smile

Glad it worked for you!

J&B
Well, when musicians like these get together...nothing but a masterpiece is expected, and you guys sure delivered!

Mike B.
Originally Posted By: bluage
Whoa! Good grief, folks, them there's some real despairin' blues you done conjured up. Had to take my anti-depressant meds after listening to the recording just one time! shocked Only an empathetic and skilled bartender could cure this kind of blues, but then he/she would have to put you out when the bar closes. Don't worry, hospital emergency rooms are always open.

The blending of actual instrumental musicianship from Mr. Collingwood and Mr. Cochran (oooOOO, yazz, yazz, YAZZ, fellahs, make them strings SING!) with the BIAB tracks is seamless, and therefore mutually complementary. The super-slow tempo lends a feeling of everything just winding down, down, down...to zero. Ms. Merritt sounds as though she's holdin' on to dear life itself. Somebody get that poor woman a seat and a fan!

"The blues is nothing, but a history in song, of every wrong." Thank God we got music to help us get the blues out of us before it does even more damage, right? smile

Great to hear from you! Welcome back. Thanks for the great review and for writing it in such a fun engaging way. The seat and fan worked and Janice is fine smile Ray’s lyric line you quoted is enduring and certainly has implications beyond the typical blues tune!

We appreciate it all!

J&B

Originally Posted By: bluage

Wow good to hear from you again as well. Loved your comments. So glad you enjoyed the song. Look forward to hearing some of your tunes as well.

Originally Posted By: firesong
A great song happens when you marry the right words (message) with the right flavor and texture and that's exactly what you guys did...great vocals and guitar solo work...man this was cool...thanks Dan

Thanks for checking out the song. So glad you like it
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A Goosebumps song.
Such a cool sound!
Ray's bass sounds great. Scott's guitar is his best work to date. Janice is chillingly good - goosebumps.
Big WOWs all around.
fj

Thanks fj,
for my part - it's a case of being lifted by the company.
It came together fairly quickly and Scott's mix made the most of the available elements.
Hi Janice | Bud,

It is really excellent. The effects of the double voice and the superb guitar solo make this composition something very pleasant. What I admire about you is the quality of your compositions, nothing is left to chance. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you Shigeki for checking out the song. Really appreciate your comments.

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
My usual approach to a Janice & Bud post is to get right to the song, push play and smile --well, I'm usually already smiling by then, so smile wider. This time, with SCOTT and RAYC in the mix I had to read first. Really cool how the song developed with such talent. Man, EVERYTHING about this is so good. Had to listen 3 times (so far).

Hey Marty Thanks for the awesome comments. I really enjoyed working with Janice an Ray on this song.
Originally Posted By: firesong

Thank you Dan!

J&B

Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

We appreciate your comments Shigeki. Ray wrote a very special lyric!

J&B
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Team

That was was a great listen,a very moody intro and some superb singing by Janice, and a great harmony arrangement.

Everything nicely in it's place, Ray's bass is well played as is Scott's guitar. The overall sound is

Peter

Thanks for checking out the song Peter. Glad you liked it.
The atmosphere really stands out for me . Love that song. Scott done himself proud with that guitar sound. As others have said, fabulous collaboration. Janice matches the guitar mood with her ethereal vocal. Splendid show indeed!
Well the Blues is certainly Something when performed like this.
Give me a comfortable chair under a shady palm tree by the ocean , hand me a cold frothy Budweiser (or whatever you drink in the States) , then play me this wonderful track and I am in Nirvana !
All around fantastic ,music and vox ,this is great.
cheers
Gary.
Excellent collaboration, more than sum of its parts.
Name David Lynch comes to my mind... such a cinematic experience.
Story is simple, told in few words, but they are all very meaningful.
Nicely effected guitars and Scott's playing is really atmospheric
Hauntingly beautiful vocal performance, the harmonies are great and the ending effect is wonderful.
And what a mix, so airy and warm, yet oozing sadness in every sound. The blend of Ray's bass and the baritone guitar is especially powerful.

Janne

Originally Posted By: BabuMusic

You are way too kind man. But we’ll take it! smile

Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B, Scott & Ray,
Such a great achingly dreamy feel to this- the band so supportive to Janice`s marvelous vocal.

Robert

Thank you Robert!

Janice
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Team

Peter

Thanks Peter. It was definitely a different take on the blues for us!

J&B
Originally Posted By: edshaw
Unless I missed something, you are driving one another to new heights. Excellent work.

Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice job to all. Well played. Well sung. Nice mix. Good back up band. Another top notch collaboration.
[

quote=CaptainMoto]Holy Smokes!
Love it!
Great job everyone, such a nice job on the vocals.[/quote]

Thanks guys. We appreciate the spin and the comments!

J&B
Originally Posted By: tommyad
This is so dreamlike and ethereal It lowered my blood pressure and removed all the stress from my day. I love a slow minor blues and this is fresh take thanks to Scott’s unique sound and Janice’s brooding delivery. Definitely a different approach to the blues. The heavy delay on the guitar gave it a bit of a psychedelic edge. Ray’s lyrics and bass playing are standout and the whole package including Bud’s input on mix and mastering have created an excellent end product. Very much enjoyed. Tom

Stress removal is great! We both felt that psychedelic edge ... I called Janice "Grace" all though the video work smile

Thanks for ALL you said Tom!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
I've listened several times to the song. Beautiful, mysterious and ethereal. and it can't get out of my head.
"The blues is nothing but history ignored"; what a true and nice/ cynical line. Love it.
I think you have to perform more together. It was a surprise to read about this cohab and to hear the result, but a beautiful one!
More words I cannot find to say how I appreciate this, but I did. I think maybe I'm a bit jealous(?). But with a smile. You earned it!
Hans

Hans,
Thank you.
Yes, it is a cynical truth isn't it?
The soon to be posted video will amplify the meaning if you need more.
WoW! Blown Away! First I love the vocal call back. And then the lyrics are well written and philosophical. Then the sweet sounds of the guitars. And what a solid master! And last that fade out is inspired.

So well done from start to the very end!
Originally Posted By: gruverider
WoW! Blown Away! First I love the vocal call back. And then the lyrics are well written and philosophical. Then the sweet sounds of the guitars. And what a solid master! And last that fade out is inspired.

Thanks Gruverider,
definitely more than the sum.
Originally Posted By: Birchwood

Hans

Thank you Hans! We felt the same about lyric. Very dark and ethereal indeed.

J&B

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A Goosebumps song.

Such a cool sound!

Big WOWs all around.

fj

Thanks mr jane! It’s fun to go down a different path ... well most of the time smile

We all appreciate your support.

J&B
Originally Posted By: edshaw

Thanks allot Ed. Your comments are very much appreciated
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt

Thanks for checking out the song. Glad you liked it
Originally Posted By: cubanpete
Well, when musicians like these get together...nothing but a masterpiece is expected, and you guys sure delivered!

Mike B.

Thank you Mike!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Derochette
Hi Janice | Bud,

It is really excellent. The effects of the double voice and the superb guitar solo make this composition something very pleasant. What I admire about you is the quality of your compositions, nothing is left to chance. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Thanks for listening!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
The atmosphere really stands out for me . Love that song. Scott done himself proud with that guitar sound. As others have said, fabulous collaboration. Janice matches the guitar mood with her ethereal vocal. Splendid show indeed!

Thanks for listening and your time to offer support comments!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Gary Weder
Well the Blues is certainly Something when performed like this.
Give me a comfortable chair under a shady palm tree by the ocean , hand me a cold frothy Budweiser (or whatever you drink in the States) , then play me this wonderful track and I am in Nirvana !
All around fantastic ,music and vox ,this is great.
cheers
Gary.

Thanks Gary! And trust me we drink MUCH better beer than Budweiser! smile

J&B
J&B, Ray and Scott,

Great in all aspects! Your collaboration has produced something that checks all the boxes for a super tune! Many have commented in such complimentary ways that I wholeheartedly agree with! I appreciate all of your efforts! Thanks, T
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
J&B, Scott & Ray,

Robert

Thanks Robert. Glad you liked the song. Maybe SL will have to try a blues tune in the future.

Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Holy Smokes!

Love it!
Great job everyone, such a nice job on the vocals.

Thanks for checking out the song, Glad you liked it.

Thanks Tommy for the awesome comments. They are very much appreciated. So glad you liked it
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Excellent collaboration, more than sum of its parts.
Name David Lynch comes to my mind... such a cinematic experience.
Story is simple, told in few words, but they are all very meaningful.
Nicely effected guitars and Scott's playing is really atmospheric
Hauntingly beautiful vocal performance, the harmonies are great and the ending effect is wonderful.
And what a mix, so airy and warm, yet oozing sadness in every sound. The blend of Ray's bass and the baritone guitar is especially powerful.

Janne

Janne, thank you for the thoughtful and nice review. The mention of David Lynch is a remarkable compliment. Janice is very much appreciative of your comments on her vocal. It’s all appreciated!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider

Thank you Lawrence. Yes, Ray’s lyric is subtle but delivers a strong message. You put a big smile on Janice with your vocal comments!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
J&B, Ray and Scott,

Great in all aspects! Your collaboration has produced something that checks all the boxes for a super tune! Many have commented in such complimentary ways that I wholeheartedly agree with! I appreciate all of your efforts! Thanks, T

Thanks Torrey!

J&B
© PG Music Forums