PG Music Home
Posted By: Rebecca King On This Road - 02/19/21 03:41 PM
Hey there,

here is our latest work.

Special Thanks to ChicagoBob for his very good advice.

Feedback is very welcome.

Take care

Rebecca and Jochen

https://soundcloud.com/rebecca-newcountry/on-this-road

On this Road

What if we could leave, leave everyday life,
pack our things, take a chance and leave it all behind.

Oh, what if we could create a new path,
straight ahead into the wide open.

On this road, open road
I feel alive, alive again somehow.
On this road, open road
I feel my love, my love for you, for you.
Even if we get lost on the way.
I just know we will find back on track again.

What if we could built a ferry for the flow.
Follow where the water falls,
wherever it may go.

Oh, what if we could create a new path.
No, there is no turning back, just moving straight ahead to the wide open.

Key=Eb , Tempo 120, Length (m:s)=2:40
Style is _GLIMMER.STY (Glimmering Bright Country Pop)

RealTracks in style: ~~683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 2543:Pedal Steel, Background ModernCrossover Sw16 090
RealTracks in style: 796:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernCountrySync Ev 100 (B:finger)
RealTracks in style: 1684:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopPromiseCrispHeld Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 629:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanDirty Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 623:Banjo, Background Backporch Ev 098
RealTracks in song: 2625:Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm BluesBoogieBassAndLicks Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 623:Banjo, Background Backporch Ev 098
RealTracks in song: 1948:Mandolin, Rhythm PopUpliftingAndy Ev16 120
RealTracks in song: 1277:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopUpliftA-B Ev16 120
RealTracks in song: 1278:Synth Pad, PopUplift Ev 120

drums superior drummer 3 nashville preset
riser NI rise and hit
acoustic intro, etc. NI strummed acoustic
Posted By: rayc Re: On This Road - 02/19/21 05:43 PM
I clicked on the link ready to comment and wondered about how we've interacted in the past. I found you've not commented on anyone else's work since May last year. On that basis I'll demure.
Posted By: dcuny Re: On This Road - 02/19/21 05:51 PM
Nice catchy song. Good arrangement - good contrasts. Excellent pop - rhythmically interesting, contrasting sections, very hook-y. smile

And vocally, you always sound great!

In the past, I think I've complained that your high end was a bit too brittle for my tender ears. That's not a problem here - I can turn up the volume without the high end becoming painful or the mix sounding unbalanced. laugh

Some minor nits about pronunciation, though.

The vowel sound on "track" in "back on track" is being softening it so it comes across as "truck". (Just in case, I ran it through Spleeter and isolated the vocal to make sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me).

The lyric "leave everyday life" also doesn't come across clearly. You've almost dropped the /V/, and put an /UH/ sound in front of the word "day". I'm mis-hearing the line as "leave that free day alive". My son - who has much better hearing than me - heard it as "leave that great daylight".

An excellent track! smile
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: On This Road - 02/19/21 07:50 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
I clicked on the link ready to comment and wondered about how we've interacted in the past. I found you've not commented on anyone else's work since May last year. On that basis I'll demure.

It is true that this forum should be a two way street! Take care. Greg
Posted By: MarioD Re: On This Road - 02/19/21 09:35 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc

I'll give you a pass this time as I do not know your situation.

I think this is a great song. Super vocal, nice instrumentation, and a good mix. What's not to like about that!

Excellent song.
Posted By: bluage Re: On This Road - 02/20/21 01:36 AM
Ms. King...

Every couple that is struggling in their relationships with each other should have the opportunity to listen to and feel the reaching-for-the-sky energy in this song. It's exhilarating in its upbeat musicality and hopeful lyrics. I love the subtle way you harmonized your vocal. The songs feels free and playful in its form. It's a gift.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: On This Road - 02/20/21 09:14 AM
I’ll echo pretty much every thing that David said above..plusses and suggestions. One thing I’ll add..I think that your opening line could be improved..the way you broke up “cou—ould” into two syllables to cover the melody notes wouldn’t be a bad idea if you were going to continue that pattern throughout...but a better approach would be to re-engineer that first phrase...that’s what I wou—ould do!
Posted By: Rebecca King Re: On This Road - 02/20/21 01:02 PM
We want you to know, that your feedback always helpes us a lot to improve our work and encourages us to keep on trying and that we really appreciate you taking the time and making the effort to comment on our songs like we always try to communicate. We also were able to get to know some members and correspond with them via messages, received a lot of good advice there too and are very grateful for the collaborations, that came out of this. We always wondered, if it was okay to be in the Forum without responding a lot to the work of other members in the users showcase, because we simply did not find enough time to do so properly. You are absolutely right, everybody here deserves appropriate Feedback on his or her work, we want to apologize, if we offended anybody in not doing so. Best Regards and Take care.
Rebecca and Jochen
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: On This Road - 02/21/21 04:08 PM
I like the song and the vocals very much.
The "radio" EQ on parts is a bit much and somewhat distracting from the rest of the arrangement.

moto
Posted By: Alexander Paul Re: On This Road - 02/21/21 05:58 PM
Really like your voice! Great melody and mix as well.
Posted By: ChicagoBob Re: On This Road - 02/21/21 11:20 PM
Thanks for the shout out-- You always do such great work on your songs
© PG Music Forums