PG Music Home
Posted By: SongCrafters When You Coming Home - 02/24/21 05:46 PM
A melancholy ballad about a broken relationship and it's
attempt at rebuilding.

A BIAB country ballad style with pop guitar phrasing.

You can find it here:

https://youtu.be/DkzD7oPIj94

Thanks for your support. Comments always welcome.

Duane
Posted By: dcuny Re: When You Coming Home - 02/24/21 07:30 PM
Hi, Duane.

Your songs are top of the line. Seriously good.

Saying anything past that seems superfluous.

But... I noticed that you have three songs on the front page today - two of which are new.

Out of fairness to others on the forum, it's probably best to put stagger your songs, so it gives other people a chance to share the front page.

I also noticed you've posted 15 different songs since you've joined.

That's a lot of really good music.

But... in all your posts, I've only seen two that were comments on other people's songs.

While there's no formal rule saying that you need to engage with the community, it would nice to reciprocate.

Thanks for posting! smile
Posted By: Alexander Paul Re: When You Coming Home - 02/25/21 05:00 PM
Really good track, both in terms of melody and arrangement! If I may mention one thing that could be improved upon it's that it's sometimes hard to hear what you sing. I think it's mostly a mixing issue.
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: When You Coming Home - 02/26/21 01:11 PM
Wow, what a good song, and the video was superb, you need to post the lyrics on here so we can follow!!
Posted By: SongCrafters Re: When You Coming Home - 02/28/21 05:25 PM
OK Ronnie, just for you:

When You Coming Home[u][/u]

Heaven sent me you
But he took you away
You fell in his arms
The devil had his day
Now time has erased him
With all the hurt I knew
Forgiving isn't easy
But easier than losing you

CHORUS
So when you coming home
Once again, at my side
I hear it in our voices
Nothing we can't deny
So when you coming home
When you coming home

2nd VERSE
His passion stole you
When mine forgot to be
Do you blame you only
Would be a fools way to see
I took you for granted, I'm guilty as charged
It's been a cold hard lesson
And we both wear the scars

CHORUS

BRIDGE
Here we are, two troubled hearts
Much wiser now since we've been apart
A late night call, but not a call too late
If there's still love than let's control our fate yeah
It's not too late, no

CHORUS and ENDING
So when you coming home
Once again, at my side?
I hear it in our voices
Nothing we can't deny
So when you coming home
When you coming home
When you coming home
When you coming home

Copyright 2018 T. Hofmeister

Probably my favorite song in his collection so far.

Duane
Posted By: SongCrafters Re: When You Coming Home - 02/28/21 05:48 PM
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your comments. I listened to your track "The Storm" on your website and I must say, it's outstanding!! The female vocalist has a perfect recording voice. Did I detect a slight US southern accent? Just make sure to continue to feed her quality lyrics, the rest you already have in terms of production. I'm curious - why you didn't add an instrumental break in the musical "space" presented before the last chorus? Not that there's anything wrong with what you have, it just dialed the intensity back at that point I thought.

All in all, great job!

Duane
Posted By: Al-David Re: When You Coming Home - 02/28/21 07:09 PM
Duane ...

Another stellar submission. Your music is always among the best posts at any given time. In reference to some previous comments, I usually wait three or four days between posts, or until any of my songs have fallen off the first page ... unless it's an older song that someone brought back to the first page after having fallen off the first page.

Nonetheless, I always enjoy your music. Wishing you continued success with your music production. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: SongCrafters Re: When You Coming Home - 02/28/21 07:58 PM
Hi Alan!

What a lovely and gracious note! Thank you.

Yeah I've been getting beat up a little around here lately. Especially when the rules say make one entry per song. I'm still curious why I got called called out and another member (with a lot more experience) did the same thing as I did on the same day (3 song posted within a minute or two) and not a peep out of the guys who took me to task.

My conduct on this board has also been called into question regarding being a "full participant" whatever that's supposed to mean. I put songs on this board strictly for the entertainment of the listener. If I'm asking people for 3 or 4 minutes of their time I feel it's my obligation to give them something of value for that time. I don't post incomplete songs or vocals with bad intonation, I feel I owe them better. I'm the type of person that's very uncomfortable being critical of other people's art who I don't know. The times I felt it helpful to make a "downer" comment meant to help them, I did so privately so as not to embarrass the poster publicly. I guess the forum police missed those.

Sorry for the rant my friend, but now seemed as good a time as any to respond to my critics. (I won't do this to you again!)

Duane
© PG Music Forums