PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/26/21 03:14 PM
So I'm still pulling vocals off of old recordings with Steinberg SpetraLayers...this song was not originally a bluegrass track but I thought it fit perfectly...hope you enjoy.

BiaB stuff: 2912 Bass, 599 Mandolin, 3409 Acoustic Guitar, 593 Fiddle, 623 Banjo, 597 Acoustic Guitar and Real Drums=NasTrainEv @105 bpm

https://soundclick.com/r/s8gfrg
Posted By: Marty Ricciotti Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/26/21 03:44 PM
Wow! Very nice tune. Nicely done.
Posted By: firesong Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/26/21 05:23 PM
Thanks Marty I appreciate it...Dan
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/26/21 05:26 PM
Whatever it was before it sounds great now. Well constructed lyric with a clear message. I like it.
Posted By: dcuny Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/26/21 06:59 PM
Hi, Dan.

Nicely done - vocals sound excellent, and the style fits well.

I've learned the hard way that I should avoid speaking to the content of a song. But since the reason for the song seems to be to promote a sincere belief on your part, I'm going to make an exception here.

I find this song problematic. Not because it espouses your beliefs, but because it does it in a way that seems to denigrates others.

• It mis-characterizes the theory of evolution.
  • Insults those who do believe the theory of evolution. A "humorous" insult is still an insult.
  • Fosters division by suggesting that people of faith and people of science belong to different clans.
  • Suggests that a creation story where God "reaches down", forms man "from the ground" and "breathed life" into man is far more believable than one that says "we come from monkeys".

Again, I find the song well done, both in construction and delivery. I just wish it made it didn't try to make some of its points at the expense of others.

Thanks!
Posted By: MarioD Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/26/21 10:12 PM
You had me from the git-go! Super backing track, excellent vocals (loved the harmonies), but those lyrics took it over the top for me.

Super message and super song.
Posted By: firesong Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/27/21 12:23 AM
[quote=dcuny]Hi, Dan.

I find this song problematic. Not because it espouses your beliefs, but because it does it in a way that seems to denigrates others.

David...thanks for the comments...let me briefly address this comment...I understand your point...my intent in posting the song was to demonstrate the wonders of BiaB since I think that's what this forum is about...the the music I have written over time has had (with the exception of a handful of songs) a blatantly Christian theme...this one is no exception... Christ is the reason I write songs...I didn't mean to "denigrate others"...in espousing my cosmological beliefs my intent is to stay true to what Jesus taught and Himself believed...the tongue-in-cheek is on me...perhaps I can plead the first line of the song (I'm not the smartest guy around) and everyone can dismiss me as the fool...it does however "espouse my belief" concerning evolutionary theory...there is no middle ground on this issue either we were created or we evolved from apes...this little song is indeed propaganda...but hey, those bluegrass chops are way cool aren't they?

I always appreciate your comments and find them helpful and insightful...thanks.

Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/27/21 12:55 AM
Super recording. So clear. I like the tune. It has the quality of the great songs like "Loving Her Was Easier Than Anything I'll Do Again" and others yet stays on this side of original. Very nice work.
Posted By: Scott C Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/27/21 12:03 PM
Excellent tune. Super vocal. Well done
Posted By: edshaw Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/27/21 03:21 PM
That "Small Town Boy" video is really something!
Posted By: firesong Re: God's Alive (blue grass remake) - 02/28/21 01:05 AM
Originally Posted By: edshaw
That "Small Town Boy" video is really something!

Thanks Ed...glad you enjoyed it...nothing like sharing your home movies with the whole world...it was fun.
© PG Music Forums