PG Music Home
Posted By: rayc THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/04/21 05:51 PM
Hello Folks,
I've prepared, with Bud, Janice & Scott's indulgence, a video to illustrate this song.
It includes footage recorded by Bud & Scott as well as some snippets found on the Prelinger Archive and similar places.
BIG thanks to Janice for being not just the voice but also the face of the song.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/04/21 07:50 PM
Nice work on this Ray! It's so good to see Janice and Scott performing their parts in this! It really gives the song a more personal element for the forum members to relate to these talented folks! There's one of the contributors conspicuously missing though and you know who I mean!!! You are far too humble a guy Ray! I appreciate that about you though! Keep up the good work! T
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/04/21 10:17 PM
Good work!

Nice to see Scott working the fret board and Janice swaying to the music!

moto
Posted By: Scott C Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/05/21 12:15 AM
This is a new experience for me. Have been playing in anonymity way down in my man cave. A little nervous for sure...
Posted By: sslechta Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/05/21 01:35 AM
Nice work everyone!
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/05/21 07:41 AM
That was great, guys! Loved seeing everyone in action.

Favorite part of the video was the end with the smile and wink from Janice and the thumbs up from Bud wink

Plus I got to hear this great song again!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/05/21 07:04 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Nice work on this Ray! It's so good to see Janice and Scott performing their parts in this! It really gives the song a more personal element for the forum members to relate to these talented folks! There's one of the contributors conspicuously missing though and you know who I mean!!! You are far too humble a guy Ray! I appreciate that about you though! Keep up the good work! T

Thanks Torrey and that’s what we also told Ray to no avail!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/06/21 11:55 AM
Originally Posted By: CaptainMoto
Good work!

Nice to see Scott working the fret board and Janice swaying to the music!

moto

Thanks. Janice dances around the house to music all the time but, yeah, the ethereal vibes of this tunes brought out the sway
Posted By: floyd jane Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/06/21 12:21 PM
Cool! Great to see!

Nice to hear again.

Thanks for the shot of "Bud the Wizard" at the end!! smile
Posted By: Robertkc Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/06/21 08:29 PM
A good video for an excellent song, Ray. Interesting to see those political images which add a subtle subtext to the lyrics, and everyone playing in b&W adds a serious tone.

Robert
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/07/21 10:35 AM
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Nice work everyone!

Thanks ... it was a fun journey.

J&B
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/07/21 09:42 PM
Excellent video. It's good to see the artists behind the music.
Posted By: Al-David Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/08/21 04:47 AM
Howdy Everyone ...

I listened and watched to this yesterday ... and again now. I haven't had time to post anything new or comment on others' songs the past few days. But have a little time tonight. And yeah, nice to see everyone doing their part. Now, fopr the record, Janice is much easier to look at than all you other folks! But all of you sound equally fantastic.

Loved the way the vocal tailed with more reverb and a slow drop in volume. Excellent in every way . The talent on this forum simply blows me away. And you folks are a big part of that.

Wishing all of you the very best. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/08/21 10:37 AM
One of the most interesting blues tunes I have heard in the Showcase.
Great to see most participants in action! Ray, good work on video!

M.
Posted By: Leon1 Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/08/21 10:19 PM
Nice one, Ray. But your conspicuous absence likewise noted.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: rayc Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/09/21 02:18 AM
Originally Posted By: Leon1
Regards,
Leon

Thanks Leon,
I considered making an appearance but it wouldn't have helped the narrative or flow so wasn't necessary. I'm learning when to leave out notes, words and appearances.
Posted By: rayc Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/09/21 02:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David

...nice to see everyone doing their part. Now, for the record, Janice is much easier to look at than all you other folks! But all of you sound equally fantastic.
Loved the way the vocal tailed with more reverb and a slow drop in volume.
Alan

Thanks Alan,
It was a concerted effort and everyone brought a little bit of magic to the table. Thanks for sparing the time to watch & comment.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/09/21 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
That was great, guys! Loved seeing everyone in action.

Favorite part of the video was the end with the smile and wink from Janice and the thumbs up from Bud wink

Plus I got to hear this great song again!

Thanks Dave. That was our first performance video as all the ones we’ve done over the years have been lyric vids with still shots.

J&B
Posted By: bluage Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/09/21 02:07 PM
Spooky...surrealistic...has a coldly mechanistic, David Lynch's 'Eraserhead'-meets-Fritz Lang's-'Metropolis' kind of visual style that makes poor Ms. Janice seem so lonely and abandoned that she looks like a kidnap victim trying to keep her captors entertained. YIKES shocked !!! No wonder she's singing such dark and despairing blues.
Posted By: Derochette Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/09/21 04:54 PM
Hi rayc & Cie

Very nice video which really highlights the composition. Congratulations to the whole team. Very well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/10/21 10:47 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Cool! Great to see!

Nice to hear again.

Thanks for the shot of "Bud the Wizard" at the end!! smile

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
A good video for an excellent song, Ray. Interesting to see those political images which add a subtle subtext to the lyrics, and everyone playing in b&W adds a serious tone.

Robert

Thanks y’all!

J&B
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/12/21 09:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm
Excellent video. It's good to see the artists behind the music.

Thanks!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Howdy Everyone ...

I listened and watched to this yesterday ... and again now. I haven't had time to post anything new or comment on others' songs the past few days. But have a little time tonight. And yeah, nice to see everyone doing their part. Now, fopr the record, Janice is much easier to look at than all you other folks! But all of you sound equally fantastic.

Loved the way the vocal tailed with more reverb and a slow drop in volume. Excellent in every way . The talent on this forum simply blows me away. And you folks are a big part of that.

Wishing all of you the very best. Take care ...

Alan

Thanks Al. Ray did a great job of expressing the lyric with his video.

J&B
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/12/21 10:35 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss

Yes, very cool!! Always love to hear the forum vocal queen do her thing, and the tasty licks on the guitar are fun to watch as well!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: rayc Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/12/21 11:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson

Yes, very cool!! Always love to hear the forum vocal queen do her thing, and the tasty licks on the guitar are fun to watch as well!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg,
The vocal and guitar licks are ACE.
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/13/21 01:51 AM
Cool video. Great shots of the performers. There is real talent displayed.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/14/21 10:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
One of the most interesting blues tunes I have heard in the Showcase.
Great to see most participants in action! Ray, good work on video!

M.

Thanks for watching!

J&B

Originally Posted By: Leon1
Regards,
Leon

We tried!

J&B

Originally Posted By: bluage
Spooky...surrealistic...has a coldly mechanistic, David Lynch's 'Eraserhead'-meets-Fritz Lang's-'Metropolis' kind of visual style that makes poor Ms. Janice seem so lonely and abandoned that she looks like a kidnap victim trying to keep her captors entertained. YIKES shocked !!! No wonder she's singing such dark and despairing blues.

You’ll be glad to know I have escaped the kidnappers and am doing well smile

Love your description of it all!

Janice
Posted By: bluage Re: THE VIDEO - The Blues Is Nothing - 03/14/21 11:48 PM
YAY! Glad to read it. Seriously, though, your delivery of those downward-spiraling blues was chilling and heartbreaking, even. Felt it in my bones. Couldn't shake it off too easily. You'll probably want to record something upbeat next, huh?
© PG Music Forums