PG Music Home
Posted By: firesong Calling My Name - 03/05/21 06:23 PM
I'm still disassembling some of my older songs with Steinberg SpetraLayer 7 Pro and putting new BiaB tracks with some of the old ones to freshen up some old material...here's the latest attempt...Took the drums, bass and vocals off the old track and teamed them with BiaB acoustic guitar, resonator guitar and lead solo electric...trust me it's much improved...loving Biab and SpectraLayer as a team.

Used CMPFMD.STY Campfire, Medium Fingerpicking as the base style
365 Acoustic Guitar
3521 Electric Guitar
377 Resonator Guitar

https://soundclick.com/r/s55gt4
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Calling My Name - 03/06/21 08:38 AM
Very nice. I enjoyed listening.
Posted By: firesong Re: Calling My Name - 03/06/21 02:44 PM
Charlie...thanks for listening and commenting.
Posted By: vicarn Re: Calling My Name - 03/06/21 03:09 PM
Hi Firesong.
Wonderful melody and treatment. I like the Marty Robbins sound in your voice.

Not too keen on the idea of a moth drawn to a flame unless of course the subject is about to die.
I also wondered if it needs the heaviness of the drums either. Maybe just a tambourine or kick. Something less busy.

Lovely song anyway.

Vic
Posted By: dcuny Re: Calling My Name - 03/06/21 04:01 PM
Nice arrangement. Holding back the bass and drums is really effective.

The instrumentation and vocals are excellent, adding the resonator helps add contrast between the parts. Guitar solo fine fits nicely.

Nice write, and - as usual - well sung.

The lack of high-end on the "wind" effect made it sound a bit more like a cymbal roll than the wind. Since it's used so much in the intro, it felt unnecessary at the end.

Enjoyed this listen! smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Calling My Name - 03/06/21 11:04 PM
Very pretty song. Awesome vocal. I agree bringing in the bass and drums gave the song a very special feel. Well done.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Calling My Name - 03/07/21 06:01 PM
Firesong,
Very good vocals on a sincere, gentle and well arranged faith song.

Robert
Posted By: firesong Re: Calling My Name - 03/07/21 07:42 PM
Vic, David, Scott and Robert...thanks for your comments...they are truly appreciated...Dan
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Calling My Name - 03/07/21 09:58 PM
Like a morning in church.

Love the sound effects and the vocals are brilliant!
The percussion kicks in at just the right time.
Guitar solo fits nicely.
Well done.

moto
Posted By: Al-David Re: Calling My Name - 03/08/21 04:29 AM
That was such a great listen! I agree with the earlier comment about the Marty Robbins similarity in your vocal and his. And the natural vibrato in your vocal is stellar. That was a really great listen ... loved it! Wishing you the best. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: firesong Re: Calling My Name - 03/08/21 04:58 AM
Thanks moto...Glad you enjoyed the arrangement...it's an old song freshened up a bit...thanks for listening...Dan
Posted By: firesong Re: Calling My Name - 03/08/21 05:02 AM
Originally Posted By: Al-David
That was such a great listen! I agree with the earlier comment about the Marty Robbins similarity in your vocal and his. And the natural vibrato in your vocal is stellar. That was a really great listen ... loved it! Wishing you the best. Take care ...

Alan

Alan...thanks for taking the time to listen and comment...Marty Robbins huh? that's some pretty high cotton and I wish...I been trying to shake the vibrato for 50 years...who knew someone would like it...thanks...Dan
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Calling My Name - 03/11/21 07:24 PM
firesong,

Lovely song with a really good vocal! Background harmonies are excellent! I like the pickup in the 2nd verse! Nice selection of instruments for the band! The chorus is catchy with a really good bridge! Great job! T
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Calling My Name - 03/12/21 10:14 PM
Very pretty song!! Lovely arrangement and vocal harmonies!! Well done!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: firesong Re: Calling My Name - 03/13/21 03:20 AM
Torrey and Greg...thanks for listening and for the kind comments...much appreciated...Dan
© PG Music Forums