PG Music Home
Posted By: Gary Weder Let's Do It Again - 03/13/21 09:27 AM

♀'s , ♂ and ⚥ , Please give Let's Do It Again a spin.
All comments good or bad are very welcome.

Let's do it again

just like we did back then

lets give it one more try

Let's do it again

Let's do it again

just like we used to do

we did it all night long

Let's do it again

C’mon, jump in the night is young

let's jitterbug and cut the rug

I''l get you at six - off to the ritz

swing and sway, wadda you say?

Let's do it again

if we remember how

I'd like to do it now

Let's do it again

*Instrumental============

C’mon, jump in the night is young

let's jitterbug and cut the rug

I''l get you at six - off to the ritz

swing and sway, wadda you say?

Let's do it again

like we did it before

We would dance up a storm

Let's do it again

==========================

The Band
RT's
2593 Horn Section
938 guitar
772 Piano
2126 Bass
1966 Clarinet Dixieland
Drums Jazz Brushes sticks#1
Style is _CROONR2.STY (Crooner Big Band w/ Piano.)
tempo is 110. sw8

Me - Strained and Reluctant Vocals.

My partner says that I am stuck in a time warp after Hanky Panky , Jailhouse BW and now this . She now wants me to return to 2021 so I guess my next project will be a little more contemporary smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/13/21 11:42 AM
Gary,

An excellent use of BIAB. Great BAND. One of the best uses of the crooner horns I've heard.

Good vocals. Solid mix.

And a good "simple" write that works perfectly.

Really well done all around.

fj
Posted By: Derochette Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/13/21 12:28 PM
Hi Gary,

Original spoken intro and outro. Your well-paced composition is well mixed. I like your well put voice that comes out well. Good use of biab realtracks. The whole is well done. I appreciated.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/13/21 12:52 PM
Love it, Gary. Perhaps you are stuck, but, man, not stuck for creative expressions. Outstanding vocals and harmony. Wow, those horns sounds great. So hot. "Sure makes a mess of this box of candy." Excellent from start to fade.
Posted By: Ronnie Fields Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/13/21 01:53 PM
Hard to believe that is Band in a box, excellent track, and the vocals are superb, and a clarinet solo, Wow!!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/13/21 04:46 PM
There are a bunch of really excellent styles in BiaB that I know I'll never use, and it's a kick to hear people use them, especially when it's done so well, like you do here.

Great write - fits perfectly. Good singing, even if it's reluctantly done. wink

The horns, the solos, the phrasing, the harmonies - everything comes together to make this a fun recreation of this style of music.

And the spoken bit is - dare I say it - a hoot. laugh
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/13/21 11:26 PM
Gary,

I liked that old time radio sound intro! That's a cool song idea and production! I think your instrumentation choices were beautiful for this! That clarinet was perfect for this! Take care, T
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 07:35 AM
Hi Floyd
When posting a new song it is always a nervous wait for the first comment. When I saw that the first respondent was you Floyd I was even more nervous .
I am overjoyed to read your positive comments which mean a great deal to me. Thank you Floyd.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 07:45 AM
Bonjour Derochette
Merci for your nice comments and also for your very creative music which I enjoy.
Salutations
Gary.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 07:53 AM
Hi Marty.
Your posts are always so animated and full of Zing & Zest , which are always a delight to read. Thank you for your very kind words.
best regards
Gary.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 08:04 AM
Hi Ronnie.
Yeah biab is a quality product. I've been using it for well over twenty years (we havn't always seen eye to eye) and I feel I have only scratched the surface of it's capabilities.
Thank you for you kind words Ronnie.
cheers
Gary.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 08:33 AM
David
You have written a lot of very much appreceiated comments. Thank you so much for your thoughtful post.
kind regards
Gary.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 08:39 AM
Hi Torrey
Thank you for your nice comments . It is always special to receive words from you!
cheers
Gary.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 09:26 AM
Everything really goes together in the song to create a nice laid back and enjoyable listen. Hope you do it again soon.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 09:55 AM
Thank you very much Charlie. I am benefiting greatly from that killa tip that you gave on FB.
regards
Gary.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 11:49 AM
Great sweet melody and the old time mood dance together nicely. I very much enjoyed the vocals and feel good lyrics. The band is excellent and the clarinet solo made me wonder how Woody Allen would use this song in his movie.

Janne
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 12:53 PM
Gary,
An impressive use of this hardly used style- from fun intro through good vocals,great harmonies, a sweet clarinet solo and that spoken outro... everything works!
Cool,I mean, hot.

Robert
Posted By: robsmusic Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/14/21 11:09 PM
this is awesome!
great job!

-rob
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/15/21 06:38 AM
That spoken word intro (and outro) was unexpected, but fun!

Good song, you captured that era pretty well I thought, well done!
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/16/21 07:05 AM
Kiitos Janne for your nice words and taking the trouble to comment. I am thrilled that this forum provides the platform to post a song from Australia and have a talented musician (your good self) in Finland listen and comment!
Terveiset
Gary.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/16/21 07:27 AM
Thankyou Robert.
Well coming from the author of the very beautiful and sensitive "Another Name For The Moon" , I value your nice words very much!
Cool,I mean, hot. he-he-he smile
my best regards Robert
Gary
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/16/21 07:46 AM
Hi Rob.
Nice to meet you . You say a lot with few words and I thank you very much for those powerful few words.
best regards
Gary.

p.s I learn a lot about NJ from listening to Springsteen.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/16/21 07:58 AM
Thankyou Dave
That spoken word intro (and outro) was unexpected, but fun!
A confession , your colleague Marty has stired a little playfull creative inspiration in my workflow. LOL
regards
Gary.
Posted By: rayc Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/16/21 08:45 AM
Nice pastiche.Good arrangement and choices.
The licorice stick swings.
I do think this could be improved by working on the beginning syllable of most phrases...they are louder/more aggressive - a fast compressor or some manual volume automation would do it.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/16/21 01:21 PM
Gary,
Sweet swinging, good times infused tune, yet definitely sounds modern. Really well made: Radio clips, composition, vocals, mix. Nothing cuts ear. Listens very well. Nice one! Reminded me of band Squirrel Nut Zippers. Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/17/21 09:33 PM
G'day Ray - sorry for the late reply.
It is always nice to read your comments which are well considered and on the money. I value and learn from your input , not only for my songs but also from the canny advice that you generously avail of your time to others as well.
Thanks Ray
Gary.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/17/21 09:35 PM
Thank you Misha - Sorry for this late reply.
You are the king of creativity and I love how you think outside the box so for this reason I always value and appreciate your comments very much!!
"Squirrel Nut Zippers" ? Quirky name , I'm curiuos. Off to Utoob I go.
Glad you haved recoverd from the virus.
cheers
Gary.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/18/21 11:45 AM

What not to like?

Joyous, well written/performed, great use of BiaB and a fine mix.

And thanks for the reminder of how cool that clarinet track is ... we once used it.

Janice says she'll be dancing around the house all day. Not hard to believe given how much she's already been dancing around smile

No need to parse this out. Just listen again!

J&B
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: Let's Do It Again - 03/19/21 01:37 AM
Janice & Bud
Aww Shucks , sez I blushing a ruby red. All I can say is a heartfelt thanks to you both and I feel very privileged to be the beneficiary of your generous time and spirit which energises my desire to make music.
best regards
Gary.
© PG Music Forums