PG Music Home
written for my wife's birthday and as we're both over 70 things are not quite as swinging as they were in the swinging 60s

https://soundcloud.com/user-361483942/she-dont-rock-and-roll-quite-like-she-used-to

basic pattern in BIAB then mix and record vocal in RB
Key=E , Tempo 160, Length (m:s)=2:57

Style is _SURFWAX.STY (Surf Wax Fast Country Boogie)

RealTracks in style: 2576:Bass, Electric, SurfRockSyncVintage Ev 165
RealTracks in style: 2022:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryJohn Ev 165
RealTracks in style: 1696:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryDrivin8ths Ev 150
RealTracks in style: 2352:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockabillyRockNRollBrent Ev 165
RealDrums [in style:NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open

solo is RT 1735.
plugins vocal nectar 3 plus using vocal assistant and unmask against backing

solo tweaked with neutron 3 advanced track assistant.

mix treated with neutron 3 track assistant and main bus polish preset on klanghelm SDDR

mastered with ozone 9 using master assistant
Such a history of rock & roll, I once was one of those playing it every chance I got. I love it!!
"She doesn't rock and roll like she used to/But she probably says the same thing about me." Ha! Love that line. Fun song. I enjoyed it!
apologies - details of style plugins and rts now added
Ah, wonderful lyrics, and great rock 'n' roll song with a ton of music history. Love it, Bob.
Cool toe tapper. Super vocal lyric and backtrack. Well done
Thanks for sharing her present! smile

Fun song - upbeat, clear mix, bouncy arrangement. Good job on the vocals as well. laugh
Fun lyric.
The chorus melody is similar to Okie from Muskogee but Haggart borrowed that anyway.
The songs a good one but the backing is too quiet.
thanks rayc - maybe i mixed the vocal too upfront......and the merle haggard steal is purely coincidental!
Bob, I'll be 75 in April so I can really appreciate this song whistle Your "why don't they write songs like that anymore" lyric is exactly what I say!

This is not only a fun song it is a lesson is a hit parade of songs.

Very well done and now one of my favorite songs.
thanks Mario much appreciated.........i can still boogie on down but getting back up is more difficult
Bob,
I enjoyed your rocking retrospective of the hits... and gradual slide from the dance floor into those armchairs!
Your energetic vocal carries the song( yes, it does sound a little forward of the band).

Robert
Fun song!! Love all those references!! I don't rock and roll like I used to either........I roll out of bed wearily in the morning, and I rock back and forth if I have more than one beer. Damn I miss the old days! Enjoyed this very, very much!!! Take care. Greg
Bob,
Fun tune. A nice reel of recollections. Vocals a bit too on top, but overall good mix. Listens well.
Thank you for sharing.

Misha.
thanks everyone, comments bout mix taken on board, have remixed before i release on streaming services - my last song earned me £17 over five years so i'm no threat to 'proper' recording artists and i don't expect this one to do any better!
Fun!
When she's 90 you can write a song about how spry you were when you where 70.

Cool song, Well done.

moto
Very fun song, I enjoyed it a lot. Vocal is not sitting in the mix, but it was still enjoyable. Nice work!
Hi Bob,

You transported me back in time with this one!

Rock 'n' roll never really gets tired. Whenever I listen to a song like this, it always lightens and brightens my mood. You did a great job making it and putting it together. I bet your wife was delighted!

I'm a fan!

All the best,
Noel
© PG Music Forums