PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/05/21 09:13 AM
Hi Folks.
Here is my April contribution to Showcase. I do not want to bore you with details of conception, will just mention that this was long due. Lyrics are co-written with Ray (rayc on forum). All comments are welcomed. Oh yes, I'm a horrible hip hopper, that part I know smile Thank you for giving this time.
Misha.

Cameraman

Lyrics 

Coffee stains on the table
Notes from an old novel
Sleepy Einstein weaves his web
The tide of existence,
Illusion of timeline,
Weathered names
On memorial slabs.

Ghosts are standing on the other side of the window
Waiting for the Moon to arrive
Silent camera man,
Capturing a priceless image of time.

Subscription to life-candy in wrapper
Truth married fiction, cats getting fatter
Cynical clowns, forgetful wizards,
Ignoring the law of "rocks and scissors"
Don't you close this door on me.
I got the magic keys in my pocket Do,Re,Mi,Fa,So,La,Ti.

Jar of pills with no label
Slipping through the matrix
Bouncing from feathered chicken to the egg
Kicking out the traces of high fashion
Quantum theory is limping on one leg.

Ghosts are standing on the other side of the window
waiting for their ship to arrive
Silent camera man,
Exposing the timeless paradigm

Hearing dead presidents whisper in the wallet
Bones rattling - skeletons in the closet
Burned fuse, lost clues
Don't you close this door on me.
I got the magic keys in my pocket Do,Re,Mi,Fa,So,La,Ti.

Tech stuff:
Lyrics Misha & Ray

Band: 
909:Bass, Electric, SmoothPoppy Ev16 090
2157:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm FunkyGroove60sJohn Ev 100
3693:Guitar, Lap Steel, Background SlowAmbient Ev 065
2666:Pedal Steel, Rhythm LushChordsSlow Ev 075
1154:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Reggae Ev16 100
1173:Accordion, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealDrums CajonSw16Slow: a: Cajon b: Cajon, Busy 1155:Organ3642: El. Guitar2526 Tremolo guitar

Synths of Halion and Kontakt. Recorded / mixed in Cakewalk.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/05/21 01:08 PM
Misha & Ray,
Speechlessly skipping around the layers of meaning and bopping to the rhythm that`s a Rusty Spoon staple -loved this!
A very creative band that changes becoming more insistent as the song goes- yours are some of the strange/best instrument choices I hear anywhere.
There are some killer lines that pop out,like "Hearing dead presidents whisper in the wallet".
My only comment on the mix ( otherwise excellent) is that the level of harmony vocals on phrases makes your lead vocal less clear.
Fantastic work!

Robert
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/05/21 05:06 PM
Hi Misha and Ray,

First a Blues with David and now a hiphop with Ray!
Well you keep amazing me, but always very positively
This song certainly swings. I enjoyed that attractive rhythm very much!
I also thought to hear a touch of Indian in the singing (not in the language of course)
The lyrics are very nice. The jar of pills draw my attention when muzing how the lyrics were 'born'.

Misha, it was all very good and enjoyable. Must have been fun working with Ray!
One tiny thing: I think your vocals could use some db's in the beginning, or the band some less of it.

Hans
Posted By: rayc Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/05/21 07:12 PM
For those interested, writing lyrics with Misha is very easy. For me it's merely a case of using a few words, or even fewer lines, to stitch together the astounding excellent images and ideas Misha conjures every time he speaks.
I was lucky to hitch a ride on this cool tune.
Posted By: rsdean Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/05/21 08:44 PM
Misha / Ray,

Different and fresh. I really enjoyed this one.

Bob
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/05/21 08:57 PM
That's creative. Exceedingly so.

Your accent shows and works well to augment the tune.

Ray needs to avoid the magic mushrooms when writing.... Or maybe not. Those lyrics... Wow.

Totally enjoyed it.
Posted By: bluage Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/06/21 02:14 AM
Hello, 'Rustyspoon' & 'rayc'...

For some reason I experienced this song as though I was watching it being performed on a brilliantly colored, dynamically lit and elaborately decorated stage, as though it were a scene in some fantastical dark-themed musical channeling the myriad musings of a mind under the influence of itself multiplied by exponential degrees...or, something laugh.

The music unleashed a full-bodied sound world of instruments, voices and FX that lent a swirling, pulsating energy to the song that was amplified by the implacable electric guitar choruses. It was as though the BeeGees were jamming with Run DMC as they sampled some Eastern European hip-hop performance. Whatever the case, the song has just a bit of a mystical feel that shed its energy long after it ended, as though it shouldn't have an end.

Quite an entrancing performance, gents!
Posted By: PeterF Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/06/21 02:25 AM
Misha & Ray,

Excellent work throughout. Wonderful inventive stuff, with an inspired choice of instruments.

The lyrics were fascinating and the vocal arrangement was superb.

Very enjoyable indeed.

Peter
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/06/21 09:24 AM
Hahaha. "I'm a horrible hip hopper..." I laughed all the way to Soundcloud. Of course I stopped after pushing play. Man, those lyrics are outstanding. I was going to quote my favorite lines here, but would've ended cutting and pasting the whole thing. This song also has a cool groove that makes me alternate pointing shoulders if you can imagine that. haha. A horrible hip hopper --not a bad thing, and very appropriate for Easter Monday.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/06/21 12:23 PM
Misha & ray...

WOW! A truly EXQUISITE production. Unique. Original. Modern. An aural abstract painting. Inspiring.

LOVE the opening! ...leading into a killer rhythm for the verse. Excellent Drums choice. Use of pauses and drops is a real delight. Whatever the stab-y guitar is that comes in @ 2:10 - it is awesome!!

Vocals - and their processing - SO cool. Great layering.

And a great touch at the ending.

This is MUSIC (and music production) at its best. EXTRAORDINARY.

fj
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/06/21 02:31 PM
Robert,
Thank you for your support and helpful feedback! I am planning to remix this at a later time, when my ears heal a little. Your suggestion on harmony make perfect sense!
---
Hans,
Than you for your support and generous feedback here and on SC! Indian... lol. There was not enough air in lungs to sing it through, turned out the way it did.
---
Ray,
Thank you for taking this ride. You are a fine companion!
---
Bob,
Thank you for your support!
---
Herb,
Thank you for listening and your feedback!
---
Bluage,
One can write a song based on beautifully lined feedback you gave!
Thank you for listening and your support!
---
Peter,
thank you for giving this time and your kind words!
---
Marty,
smile Well, some folks have talent for speaking/singing fast...When I try, it feels like my tongue will get stuck in the throat or come out from my nose. Thank you for your kind feedback here and on SC!
---
FJ,
Thank you for listening and your very generous feedback! The guitar is a programmed Kontakt Session Guitarist instrument.
Posted By: Derochette Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/06/21 04:02 PM
Hi Rustyspoon,

I like this well rhythmic composition. The chord grid is pleasant. Well-chosen instruments. And your voice lends itself perfectly to the lyrics. Well done.

Kindly regard
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
Posted By: Scott C Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/06/21 05:58 PM
Loved this tune. Excellent backtrack. Loved the instrument choices. Super vocal. Excellent lyric. Well done. Guitars were cool..
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/06/21 11:57 PM
Excellent. The lyrics are fantastic. Your vocals match the lyrics every time. Great music. You guys nailed this one.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/07/21 07:29 AM
Man!

Music and production are top notch, lyrics are a real treat.

Really well done Misha and Ray, so creative and unique!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/07/21 02:52 PM
That has to be one of the most unique and creative productions posted here.

Creative vocals and processing

Creative write ... a most cool abstract tapestry

Creative band ... all of it

And, man, is it all wrapped up in a creative arrangement and mix.

Our productions seem so linear after hearing this! smile

A great listen (s)

J&B
Posted By: rayc Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/10/21 07:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud

Our productions seem so linear after hearing this! smile

Thanks for the generous words J&B,
Collaborating with Misha is always an adventure.
His patience in finding the right instrument and part is amazing.
His editing is incredible and he offers something thought provoking as well as fun.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/11/21 02:24 AM
This makes me feel like I'm taking a ride through some demented version of the Disney Haunted House ride.. on acid.

The word outstanding is sometime overused on this forum, but... yep, it's the right word.

Catchy, funky, and with a subversive undercurrent. A heck of a lot of fun to listen to. laugh
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/11/21 02:48 AM
Misha and Ray,

This is EXTRAORDINARY!

► Brilliant production!

► Bewitching on every level!

► First-class entertainment!

► I love the way the arrangement develops!

► I love Misha's vocals!

► An EXTRAORDINARY collaboration!

Just wow!
Noel
Posted By: vicarn Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/11/21 05:23 PM
Brilliant work you two.
Really interesting all through.

Vic
Loved this, Misha and Ray! The song (and the production) is fantastic and fantastical.
The lyrics warrant further investigation: rolling psychedelic images à la Lennon.
Misha, you hip hopping was most enjoyable.
Cheers,
Mike
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/11/21 06:06 PM
Howdy Misha....

This a good collab production.
You definitely have a unique style of your own....no one else to compare you to which is a compliment.

I have no original words to add to the compliments others have expressed but I like it.
There's elements of an appealing, haunting vibe which works for me. smile

Great job gents.

Hope all is well...
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/11/21 08:49 PM
A treat for the ears!!! Some wonderful images in the lyrics!! Great sound and production to top it all off!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Chris Dent Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/11/21 10:11 PM
What a groove. Absolutely love the lyrics.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/12/21 01:57 PM
Derochette, Scott, Jptjptjpt, Dave, J&B, David, Noel, Vic, Mike,
Wayne, Greg, Chris

Thank you for giving this time and your kind words. I am appreciative and humbled by your support!

Misha. 
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/12/21 05:45 PM
Kaleidoscopic (thanks, spell-check) lyric delivered over an exceptionally coherent, evolving, and interesting backing. Your breaks are wonderful, not just filling time. And it sounds good too.
Lyrics like this are like gourmet chocolate, needing to be savored piece after piece. In addition to the lyrics, this is a musical treat--the band, the melody, the entire production.

Love it. Love it. Love it.
Posted By: HearToLearn Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/13/21 07:27 PM
REALLY great job Misha and Ray! From now on, if anyone says wonders how flexible BIAB can be, I'm pointing to this. You've just proved what a wonderful tool BIAB is to get a unique and wonderful sound. It's the person behind the computer knowing how to use it.

I have not read all of the comments; so if this was mentioned already...so be it. To me, this almost sounds like if Blondie and David Bowie had a child. Just flat out cool, experimental and keeps you listening.

Thank you for sharing something that I, in NO way, saw coming. I really enjoyed it!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/15/21 10:54 PM
Great collab by two of the most creative users on the forum. I was thoroughly entertained. Keep up the great work, gentleman!
Misha,

I completely agree with floyd.
A truly EXQUISITE production. Unique. Original. Modern.
Your vocals and raps are top notch.
Brilliant song!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/29/21 03:46 PM
Tangmo,
Thank you for listening and thoughtful feedback. Correct spelling of kaleidoscopic smile
---
Scott,
thank you for tuning in and your kind comments here and on SC!

---
Caaron / Aaron,
Thank you for listening and your fun feedback! Yeah, sometimes BIAB comes together just the way you want it smile

----
TuneMonger,
Thank you for giving this time and your support!

---
Shigeki,
Thank you for listening and your kind words!

Misha.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 04/30/21 12:22 PM
Hi Misha love this so creative in so many ways excellent mix, vocal and arrangement so well done thanks Eric
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 05/01/21 01:12 AM
More trip hop than hip hop, perhaps? Whatever it is, it's great. Marvelous collaboration, gentlemen.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: jannesan Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 05/07/21 02:19 PM
I'm bit late to comment, but got lost in illusion of timeline smile Mix of really many styles and lyrics travel through the history and the cameraman is witnessing it all happening. So many great lines, worth studying the deeper meanings, enjoyable playing with words "ignoring the law of rocks and scissors" smile
Great intro and ending, really thoughtfully built. Hiphopping sounds classic.
The instrumentation is excellent, truly creative use of RTs, the guitar solo is fantastic.
I think this is your best both lyrically and musically, simply amazing.

Janne
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 05/08/21 12:03 AM
Eric,
Thank you for giving this time and your support!
---
Leon,
Thank you for clarification smile and your kind feedback!
---
Janne,
I am sort of new here, but even I can see a significant increase in Showcase offerings. Thank you for finding time, listening and leaving your awesome feedback here and on SC.

Misha.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Cameraman. A joint effort with Ray - 05/10/21 12:25 PM
I have know idea what the motivation was for those lyrics but, it takes me to a very unusual place.
Well put together with interesting variations and your hip hop was top notch.

moto
© PG Music Forums